It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Advanced Fighter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
external image
Who has more information or link of it?
Here is Iran's layout

[edit on 4-3-2006 by emile]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is there any more information on this Turkish fighter?

I mean anyone with a paint program can make concept drawings of a aircraft.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have reservations about that illustration - it tries very hard to look stealthy, but is not very convincing when you look closely. I'm not condeming it outright, as that kind of bigotry happens too much around here, but the drawing doesn't look very credible to me. Does look cool though.

The only place "XTFS" (eXperimental-Trainer/Strike-Fighter?) appears on google is that picture uploaded on Defence-talk.

As far as I was aware, Turkey is looking towards the JFS and possibly the Eurofighter (consistant rumor) and also rumored to be interested in the MAKO if that ever flies.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think that this Turkish fighter is fake - a lot of basic concept errors in one place. For example see vertical tail, fuselage under engine nozzle, etc.

Second picture is one of hundreds Iranian Shaqueh 80 artists impressions. The real plane looks generaly as F-5 with twin tail.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow, some one in turkey scans in a picture of an early JSF prototype and paints a flag on it!

Joking aside, it would be very interesting to see just how the are going to be able to even finance this project, let alone have a whole squadron of them. Turkeys on its knees finance wise, a third of its population is spread through Germany, France and the UK, and the rest are to poor to even be able to afford the basic amenities. After fighting a bitter internal war for nearly 20 years, i just cannot see this even getting off the paper stage.

Good luck to them though, looks cool

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Turkey is very interested in buying the Eurofighter, according to this article, they need 70 to 100 new fighters.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
emile,
Where do you get your ideas, son? I ain't done never heard no idea as dumb as yourin. I been Turkey huntin son, and they might put up a good fight in a pinch, they ain't no "advanced fighters". Hell, they run iffin they sees you first and their eyesight is more better'n ours by a long shot. In fact, a long shot is bout all you gonna get iffin you goes Turkey huntin. I done done it lots o times.
Now Turkeys is advanced when it comes to eye sight and they is pretty good at tellin some week-end hunter with his new Turkey call soundin more like a pregnant bug than a Turkey. They ain't about to rise to that bait.
But your idea that they is an advanced fightin maching...well its jest plain dumb.
I did like that drawin of that plane you got. Do them folks got any more thjan a drwin?
skep

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Skep your ignorance is outstanding!

Its about an aircraft and the country, not the Bird ROFL you jackass!

omg your post made me laugh... wow talk about cementing ignorance...rofl cheers for the laugh skep!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Poultry issues aside, i do think this fighter is bunk... similar to the faked Iranian 'Stealth fighter' pics I saw on ATS yonks ago...

IF they have the money, they have enough good grace within NATO spheres to buy newer versions of existing F15/16s or (as suggested in this thread) Eurofighters...

Q

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok, Originally, I found this first picture in China Discussion Board, if you check the picture's property, you can get where I got it by link, so I have been searching the resources where someone get it. It is looks I can find go ahead of you guys
www.defencetalk.com...

[edit on 4-3-2006 by emile]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Bird Flu will make Skep eat his words!!

Course that'll be all that's left to eat when all his turkeys will be long gone..

You guys seen the latest "War on Bird Flu" cartoons ??!
One of em's got a BIG syringe on a tank instead of the turret!

I'll try and dig them up...
Sorry for digression but just couldn't resist!!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by matej
I think that this Turkish fighter is fake - a lot of basic concept errors in one place. For example see vertical tail, fuselage under engine nozzle, etc.

It has a Twin tail that is slanted so that is not that odd for a stealth aircraft.

it actually reminds me of the German MAKO.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Turkey is very interested in buying the Eurofighter, according to this article, they need 70 to 100 new fighters.

It would be a good fit for thier AF and wont hurt the EU negotiations (at least with the EF partner nations)

I agree with a poster above regarding the illustration, it trying hard to "look" stealth. From the sawtooth rudder panel etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wish turkey could make theire own fighters maybee in the future when they have more money.

new topics

top topics

join