It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WWIII breaks out, who can the U.S. trust?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
With the current state of military threat in the world today it seems at times that the threat of a new Great War appears to be more certain than ever. Historically America has had dependable and trusted allies that we have been able to depend on in times of conflict. But due to the arrogance and overall stupidity of the Bush admin, who have managed to alienate us from the rest of the free world, it seems we may be in a battle almost all on our own. Iran is threatening on a daily basis and we will be butting heads, most likely very soon. If they were to side with Syria, China, Russia and N. Korea to make a run at us, who would stand by our side. Naturally Israel would out of sheer necessity, and I believe the Brittish would because, face it, we are in bed together like it or not. My question, could we depend on our oldest allies like France, Canada, Japan or Australia to be there? Would Germany step up to the plate and commit? Or would old grievances and public opinion force us to go at it alone? If we pick a fight with Iran we could probably weather that storm with minimal loss. But if you throw China or Russia into the picture it could be a brutal ordeal. How would it all unfold?

This is all purely hypothetical of course.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well, to answer the question basically.

If WWIII were to break out, I think Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, though I think Japan would only initially, and be the first to back out of the war.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I agree with your line up, but I would have to assume that Japan would be the most threatened of all of our potential allies being that it lies in such close proximity to China, not to mention crazy Kim Jong. It seems to me that their very existence would depend on an all out victory. You can believe that the Chinese have not forgotten about the atrocities commited against their citizens by the previous Japanese Imperial armies, and I believe that Japan will be first on their hit list when things go bad. It almost forces Japans hand into an all out commitment.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have no doubt that we here in Australia, would be there.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I would hope Britain has nothing to do with the US in a world war be we all know Blair is nothing but a lapdog for Bush.

I dont see why we should suffer in the US thirst for oil and Blair would lose the next election because the public do not support action with the US.

The US may have to go it alone because they are alienating all their previous allies.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to point this out, but who came to help out when Nazi bombs were exploding over jolly old London? Does loyalty count for nothing in this modern age? Besides, as a resident of the UK, would you rather align with western society and freedom of thought or would you rather live in an Islamo-fascist state? Or worse, under communist rule? Better figure out who's side your on. Fence sitting will not be permitted.

Personally, I agree that Bush is a poor excuse for a leader at best, and he has done much to ruin our reputation around the globe with this mess in Iraq, but war is war, and the loss of life and liberty is very real.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i think that japan will stay and fight for the duration because of the china and korea factor. i work in sf ca. and we have a high asian population.their hatred for each other even now is high. I still do not trust russia but they also have made plenty of enemys over the past 50 years. so i'll add germany, great britian austrilia , canada, new zealand and some of the old sovit sattlites. on the fence but hopefuly india on our side so i have to add pakistan and most of the muslim countries on the side of china. lets all hope nothing like this ever happens.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I hate to be the one to point this out, but who came to help out when Nazi bombs were exploding over jolly old London? Does loyalty count for nothing in this modern age? Besides, as a resident of the UK, would you rather align with western society and freedom of thought or would you rather live in an Islamo-fascist state? Or worse, under communist rule? Better figure out who's side your on. Fence sitting will not be permitted.

Personally, I agree that Bush is a poor excuse for a leader at best, and he has done much to ruin our reputation around the globe with this mess in Iraq, but war is war, and the loss of life and liberty is very real.

oh my oh my..
Wait till all the british on ATS get a load of this..
Then you'll have opened a pandora's box..
Very sensitive topic you tread on..

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Wait till all the british on ATS get a load of this..

Lol....whats the fun if you can't play devils advocate a bit in the spirit of a good debate...all in good fun

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Australia has to be there as we are the eyes and ears of the US war machine,without Australian involvement the US would be blind and deaf.The British will certainly be there forgoing the fence sitting of the second world war,(although Churchill certainly made sure the US would be involved...eventually),relations between the two countries are close and I think that both know that united is the only way of ensuring our freedom.If China and north Korea become involved the Japan I think would be only too glad to have a go,and if it came to that then I don't think France and Germany will have much choice.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Are these the only choices we get in this hypothetical situation?

What about being a slave to the New World Order?

As for your statement regarding Nazi bombs, are you saying that due to you assisting in crushing the Nazi's we have to agree with you on anything that follows. OK we'll just blindly follow you assuming that what you are doing is right, why would we question the saviours of the free world.....

The problem is whether the US can be trusted.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The problem is whether the US can be trusted.

Touche

What about being a slave to the New World Order?

Well initially I was tring to keep this thread based somewhat in more of a realistic nature, but if we are to face a secret society of reptilians then sure, lets hear it. Im open to any ideas.

As for your statement regarding Nazi bombs, are you saying that due to you assisting in crushing the Nazi's we have to agree with you on anything that follows.

Im not requiring you to agree with me on anything...my question is who will be there and who will not. BUT I do believe that it would greatly benefit the UK to align with the U.S and the Aussies (great folks by the way) rather than the alternative, which is either a.) side with the Islamist /Communist coalition or b.) sit idely by and do nothing - only to eventually have to face the enemy anyway, only alone in doing so

Face it, they hate England and the Netherlands just as much as they hate the U.S.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Not all theories regarding the NWO contain reptiles, unless you are trying to discredit someone and make them seem foolish....

No you don't require us to agree with you, just demand loyalty. I'm sure you would have an unwavering ally in the UK if we were still living in the 40's.

Unfortunately, the US have shown that they put themselves first before thinking about the knock on effect to the rest of the world, as long as this continues, you will always be asking and never be sure of who you can trust.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well, President Bush just assured that India will be there. I think that was the best move he ever made (but thats a different topic). I am also very postive that the UK / EU, Australia, Phillipines, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Taiwan, New Zealand and a few others would jump into the mix, as all would be greatly affected in a negative manner should the U.S. fall.

Who do I think we are most likey to get into such a frucass with? A Russia/China/Syria/Iran/S.K. front.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
As far as the NWO theory goes, I believe that if we are faced with the scenario of a one world government type operation, allies would not exist. It would be the end of life as we ALL know it.

And while I don't believe that anyone is in a place to demand loyalty, it is nice to know who your friends are in these troubled times that we live in. In any case I simply cannot see any scenario where the UK and the US were not on the same side in a conflict of this magnitude, as there would be far too much at stake to for BOTH nations to believe otherwise.

And while the US government is getting a bit over aggresive in it's pursuits in the middle east and abroad, let us not forget that the great British empire did not get to be the largest empire the earth has known to date by making friends and pals with other countries. Historically when the word imperialism comes to mind, most would think of Britania first. Lets not pretend that your hands are squeeky clean. The UK has spread her fair share of suffering and tyranical rule throughout the modern age of mankind. But who am I to judge

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Well, to answer the question basically... (snip) ... New Zealand

Heh, the New Zealand armed forces are a bunch of Dads Army pussies - they are a laughing stock. They kill themselves on a regular basis because they can't keep their vehicles from tumbling off the road into ditches and down hillsides, our Navy frigates are more adept at hitting passing seagulls than intercepting missiles, and our airforce is limited to antiquated Vietnam-era Hercules aircraft.

Our defence relationship with the USA is not as close as it has been painted. In fact, we refused to give the US combat support during the Iraq invasion, but we gave peacekeeping support and medical / reconstruction crews instead. Our position is slightly different to that of Australia.

Summing up, New Zealand wouldn't make a dent in any global conflict. Even if they allied with the USA, their support would be minimal. A couple of nukes is all it takes and the whole world will be brought to a permament standstill anyway. Whatever NZ do.. or Australia .. none of that really matters. It's up to the big players to decide where they want this to head.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The UK has spread her fair share of suffering and tyranical rule throughout the modern age of mankind. But who am I to judge

I agree 100%, but it hardly justifies the US taking a "mightier than thou" stance in this modern age of mankind.

As long as capitalism prevails, we will have greed and distrust and therefore a highly unbalanced society of have and have nots.

You have to argue present day situations, you are relying a little too much on past events to sway someone into agreeing with you.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I hate to point out but the US getting involved with WWII only happened after they were attacked themselves. It had nothing to do with "saving Britain"

Dont give me that "youre either with us or youre with the terrorists" crap. It makes you look as stupid as Bush.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I agree 100%, but it hardly justifies the US taking a "mightier than thou" stance in this modern age of mankind.

Well IMO if you aren't a leader, then by default that makes you a follower. I would choose to be a leader any day. In times like these a display of weakness can be used against you politically as well as militarily.

As long as capitalism prevails, we will have greed and distrust and therefore a highly unbalanced society of have and have nots.

What would be the better alternative? Communism? History has proven time and again that the experiment that is comminism is doomed to failure each and every time. The best possible outcome would be a Casto era Cuba, which as we all know is just a bastion of human rights. The only reason China has recently prospered economically is due to it's new capitalist based trade economy and it's sway toward a democratic system. Capitalism isn't perfect, but it's the best system that we have so far.

You have to argue present day situations, you are relying a little too much on past events to sway someone into agreeing with you.

He who fails to recognize history is doomed to repeat it. Lessons learned.

well I am off to bed now. enjoyed our little chat. I will be sure to tune in tomorrow for another chapter of ATS debate. Best regards.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Whatever NZ do.. or Australia .. none of that really matters. It's up to the big players to decide where they want this to head.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by RiotComing]

Maybe not NZ but As someone posted earlier , the US defence system is grounded in Australia. If we are not in it, they lose ALL military advantage as their warning systems etc just wont work.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join