It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm the world's biggest moron

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm almost positive that Im the worlds biggest moron. First a little background info. In grade 7(2 years ago) I got asked out by a girl. Unforunately at this time I was infatuated with another girl, which blinded me to a good oppurtunity. I said no and have felt like an idiot ever since. Now hear's the kicker(to my nuts), I now really like her. However she is one of the most beautiful girls in my school and is chased by several guys. If I could build up any sort of confidence I would try to get to know her better, but I'm a coward. I need help and I have no idea what to do, HELP PLEASE!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Heh, sorry to tell you this, but im the biggest moron. I fear I've sabotaged another's relationship by saying something I shouldn't have. X(

You should hope that she's forgiven you for breaking her heart. I dunno. That's a tough question. Just don't clam up and be all sweaty. If she's interested, she'll let you know.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would offer my advice, but trust me, asking me about relationships is pure stupidity

All i want to say is, you are not the world's biggest moron
! Don't put yourself down, we all make mistakes. And i'm sure in the end it will right itself.

I'll leave the advice to all these sexeh ATS guys

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
None of you people are morons! It's just called life. There is no instruction manual for "life" so it's kind of on the job training.

My experience is that being honest and telling the other person of your feelings is the best thing to do. Usually they are flattered that you showing them any attention at all. It works both ways.

The possibility of rejection is always possible and if it happens, write a song about it and make a lot of money.

Or you can whine and be a crybaby and call yourself a moron.

Ultimately it's your choice. eh!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Moron? no.

If you want to join the moron club for men.

1: Find a girl you think has interest in you
2: Become really close, good friends
3: Drink heavily (if of age of course) and talk about the end of times and zombies and what not

This is kinda like hair club for morons, I am not only the founder but a happy member as well

[edit on 5-3-2006 by Big Bad Wolf]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Your not a moron. Try talking to her and asking her out to the next game or a movie. She might say yes after all she was interested enough to ask you out once.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
simple......

"hey, look...sorry i didnt take you up on your offer before....now your really,really hot i realise i want some action....any chance?"

that should work.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought you had to be in a special home to truly qualify for world moronship?
Woman go for character. You should never bend your character towards them. Just let her know (maybe through indirect conversation) that your no longer going out with anyone. And just be yourself after that. If she thinks your worth having then your'll have a relationship which might also be worth having. Otherwise its a missed oppurtunity (which for some reason can't be).

And sadly most decent girls rarely make these decisions quickly so don't get frustrated.
Unfortunately she could just end up as a good friend but nothing more.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Trust me, if you want to talk about the biggest relationship moron on the planet, I could give you a few stories... But that's not the point.

The way I see it: What can it hurt to just ask? You don't really even know if she is angry or upset over being turned down two years ago... In my own story of stupidity, I spent two years wasting my life with a guy I dated 8 times, who crushed me each time, and yet I still didn't care... Now while that was just unhealthy, the point is that since you just declined her offer a couple of years ago, she may be over it to the point that if you just ask her, no worries... I don't see where it could hurt.

Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hey, you're not a moron, you were probably just scared out of your wits when she asked you.

Look at it this way, if she truly is one of the hottest girls around and she asked you out once, then that probably means you will be successful someday. Others, like myself, have never even been looked at.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
lot of boys get scared when girls ask them out coz they think girls are sharp.

They're not. They just act sharp.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The way I see it Tony, it's a win-win situation either way. Try asking her out as was mentioned earlier. If she says yes then great. But even if she says no, it's not the end of the world. Also if she does say no, don't go beating yoursellf up over it. You're young and I'm positive that there will be many, many opportunities to find romance................One last thing, if she does reject you when you ask her out, always treat her the same way as if she had'nt. Don't be a baby about it. She will see that you handled it in a mature manner, and you may get your chance again.....Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You are not a moron now quit thinking like one!

Seriously, LISTEN TO ME-I have some good experience/advice in this area I think...see timing is everything-you can kick Destiny (but not in the nuts, she has none) but her buddy Fate will come back to defend her sooner or later everytime and he rocks-usually.

I'm just saying what is meant to be will be, so take some PROACTIVE steps.

First, know this: In 2 years she may have pined over you, and her "crush" may have increased...so though she will NEVER work up the courage to pick up on you...she may still be very attracted to you.

YOU need to start SLOWLY though. This means if guys are chasing her you don't want to be one, and seen as just another guy, not to mention the one who turned her down...you have a HUGE advantage over the other guys-she LIKED you at one time and may still.

MY ADVICE is to PLAY IT COOL...I don't know if you have classes with her, only see her in the halls, or talk to her regularly, but start wtih eye contact from a shor distance or across the room/hall-do not break it when you achieve it-instead of looking away when you get nervous-wink and smile at her...this should get her to respond with a smile, blush or looking away-NOTE-looking away doesn't mean NOT interested-it means you win that little task.

The wink/smile also implies you have confidence, and are self assured, and feel you have something to offer her, but nothing to prove to her.

EXCEPTION: in no circumstance should you stare her down like a psychopath! Eye contact...when eyes lock, wink...pause, smile...if she doesn't smile back or look away go ahead and avert your eyes momentarily and then back to see if she is still looking. :-)

ANyway, do this for a couple of weeks and it builds a foundation that will get her juices going faster than some guy chatting her up at every opportunity or asking her out for every weekend. You don't seem desperate when you just seduce her slowly....and it will intrigue her...make you stand out...and remember...she was once hot for you.

After the first few days of this eye contact wink/smile you can incorporate more non-verbal cues...do a double take when you see her as if it was an unconscious thing you meant for her not to notice...this lets her know you are attracted, interested and she has your attention, while acting as if you are trying to control it...she may start to feel the need to persue how far she can take it an affect you.

so then she is trying to cath your eye, trying to get you to do double takes etc...she is wondering why you aren't chasing her like other guys...you become the challenge...she wont ask you out...but to think she is affecting you...may make her WANT to affect you more and more...

so give in...bump her lightly with your arm in the hall and give her a half-hearted "oh excuse me..." and then give her that "we have a private secret going on" look, wink, smile and walk on or look away dismissing the moment...let her some to you so to speak and THEN make your move...by the time this slow seduction has taken place over a few weeks and you see it progressing, and her responding, your confidence will improve, plus she will be ripe and ready to say yes when you finally say "Hey, you are killn me lately, when are you going to ask me out again-if I'd have known it would have take you two years I'd have NEVER said no..." wink again

when she says she's not going to ask you out aagain or you missed your chance etc...then you say "Well, I was an idiot and I think I need to take you out and make it up to you properly...like Friday night...sound good? let me make it up to you...*wink*

You know?

Trust me the ball is in your court it's all good-if it's meant to be it will be-play it cool, laid back-interested, but not desperate...be different from the other guys and remember you are because she once asked YOU out.

Good luck and remember if all else fails it's great practive-chicks really dig that action and if it doesn't reel her in it will reel in another and practive makes perfect.

dang typos!

[edit on 13-3-2006 by think2much]

[edit on 13-3-2006 by think2much]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Okay, for the rest of us losers...

What are girls?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

What are girls?

useful.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

What are girls?

I think they are those things... You know... That smell good and stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
not to sound put-downish (afterall i'm here too.) but do you think a group of people who spend lots of time in online chat rooms are your best source of romatic advice?

i mean that is kinda like asking ray charles for driving directions, ya know.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by DirtyBoots]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Be romantic bro.....buy her somethin fancy like a bottle of scotch or a chicken dinner from KFC. If that don't win her over, grow yourself a sweet mullet and get an Iroc Z28 Camaro then strut your stuff. Remember little man, no woman can resist a guy in a pair of tight nut hugger jeans, a sweet fluffy mullet, or a home made tattoo. Oh yah, and play some sweet music for romancin her, like maybe some Night Ranger or some Dio. If that don't work then nothin will. Good luck buckaroo. And remember, stupid is and stupid does.

Oooohh
DANG!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
LoL.
You guys are soo nice......

Well big fella , so you sound like a freshie? Ohhh .
Well i never dated anyone even tho i was asked but maybe because am a muslim and i don't like messing with such things. But as for me as a girl. I mean the sweetest thing in a guy is just his honesty. I think if a guy is willing to be faithful then i have nothing to worry about because just right there is my happiness . You can barely find men that are willing to take a girl for her inner beauty simply because they have many other things to worry about. But Just be yourself and if she doesn't like that , Then she isn't that goody good .

I hope i helped.....

And about Internet romance???
That doesn't exist as far as am thinking.......

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony238
I'm almost positive that Im the worlds biggest moron. First a little background info. In grade 7(2 years ago) I got asked out by a girl. Unforunately at this time I was infatuated with another girl, which blinded me to a good oppurtunity. I said no and have felt like an idiot ever since. Now hear's the kicker(to my nuts), I now really like her. However she is one of the most beautiful girls in my school and is chased by several guys. If I could build up any sort of confidence I would try to get to know her better, but I'm a coward. I need help and I have no idea what to do, HELP PLEASE!

man 2 years is a long time-- just hope for ur sake, she hasn't forgotten u already...maybe she lost a bet with her friends and they dared her to ask u out?? so it might not even be a big deal if u ask me. anyway if u really got to know- just ask her out for a drink or something...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join