It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This tens unit is frying my butt, need help from someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My dr. prescribed it and hubby and me went and picked it up and had to set it up without any help from the staff at the place that rents it to me. It has 4 electrodes but instead of the gentle massage of nerves I am getting fried, I have it set on 60 writing too small looks like Us and the other is 50 Hz and I am setting the 2 dials on top at 3-4. I've also set it on continuous but have to keep turning it off an on to restart it. Help I was hoping for mild gentle nerve stimulation but ths hurts.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have no idea what this thread is about but it sounds funny.

What's a "tens unit"? By "electrodes" do you mean those pads they stick all over you to do an EKG at the doctor? Maybe if you're going to keep it on continuous you need to use some kind of gel or something between the pad and your skin to keep your butt from fryin'.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If its hurting than its not being set right, you should probably contact the doctor and/or the people who provided the unit to you for help on getting it set right. For those wondering about the tens unit img, its a device that uses electricity to stimulate muscles and help relieve pain. And

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks everyone I finally found what the problem was, the device has 4 electrodes and they connect to the 4 pads via a small connection, well 2 of the darn metal electrodes had come loose and was literally against my skin and was indeed frying my butt. LOL Today when I put it back on, I took tape made to use on wiring and taped them together so the won't come off so easily. I also used 8 band-aids to help keep the electrodes in place they keep slipping off.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Good luck using the TENS unit. I used one for an inflamed Ulnar tendon (tennis elbow) and it worked wonders. Oh it didn't cure me or anything, but it really helped after several weeks of scheduled use. As far as I am concerned, TENS is a very simple, safe and "painless" device and therapy. It's not supposed to hurt, instead it feels very "tingly" , like a small electrical charge running through the effected area. Which is, I might add, exactly what is happening when you use this device.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Dr Love,
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator.

new topics

top topics

join