It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental UCAV's HAVE been used in Iraq and Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
We all knew they were being built, and have laughed at the shape and design, but now we know that they have been using them for a while in places where combat is in full swing.

Its interesting because it shows just how these wars become testing grounds for the latest / greatest kit!

fpiarticle.blogspot.com...

If its been posted before i apologise, but it piqued my interest thats all

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Goldeneye isn't a UCAV mate, it's "just" an ISTAR system. Interesting none the less.

By the way I've not been able to find anything on the BAE UCAV you talked about.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
scouting and attack missions.
That makes it a UCAV in my book... Cheers for the update Mike on the craft I saw, but i've had e-mails about it may be an American craft thats been seen at Macanharish a few times. Cheers, Greebo

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
The Goldeneye isn't a UCAV mate, it's "just" an ISTAR system. Interesting none the less.

By the way I've not been able to find anything on the BAE UCAV you talked about.

Golden Eye IS a UAV, ISTAR (intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance) is one of many functions and capabilities of a UAV/UCAV platform.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok we have been slapped down by an expert here Mike_A...

Thanks intergurl for the pointer about the UAV / UCAV. Can I ask if you have read my postings about a set of sightings I had in 2004?

A proffesional view would be appreciated greatly .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread that I posted my sightings in... Oh and I saw corax up in warton too

[edit on 3-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

[edit on 3-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well it can still take part in attack missions in an indirect role; target acquisition is a mission that would cover this. I suspect this is what they mean rather than actually carrying out strikes itself, I've not heard of the Goldeneye UAVs being armed.

i've had e-mails about it may be an American craft thats been seen at Macanharish a few times.

Hmm that's getting into Aurora territory there, unless these people professed some kind of insider knowledge I'd take the US platform theory with a pinch of salt. Even if a classified US aircraft had been flying in and out of Machrihanish (and there may have been) there is little reason for it to be at Warton.

Intelgurl,

Sorry what I meant is that Goldeneye is strictly an ISTAR platform, a UCAV by definition is capable of deploying munitions which Goldeneye can't do. I didn't mean it wasn't a UAV, sorry if it sounded like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Mike_A I was the first to say don't be silly.... its not the aurora its an unmanned craft. Agree 100% with you.

On an interesting note, see the camp and bolt cutters find at warton ? Now G and A who I used to plane spot with have lost their viewing spot. coincidence?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To be honest I don’t think there’s anything in that, the spot you said you were watching from was something close to three miles away wasn’t it? If you can see hush hush stuff from there then there’d be little point in stopping people from being any closer.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by Mike_A]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
hahaha i saw the hush hush stuff flying, and i never took bolt cutters with me ! rofl, yeah the last thing i'd want to do is get caught sneekining onto BAe turf...lol

new topics

top topics

join