It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge", by Dr Steven Greer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am skeptical but somehow the disclosure project video testimonies are believable and everything is possible right>? This world is crazy and it would not surprise me if it was true.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well if he really is trying to get this knowledge out to the public why doesn't the author put the entire book up for free downloading? Why should he be concerned with money if we are all approaching a new age of universal peace? Money shouldn't be a problem then should it?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Just a side note to one of Greer's claims of having "briefed" former CIA director and others. Unlike Greer's claims, this has some solid proof...that Greer completely misrepresented the "meeting".
www.ufowatchdog.com...

there is no 'solid proof' of anything at ufowatchdog.com - just lots of accusations, guilt by association, and guilt by proclamation.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
sigh...

dB

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

Originally posted by jritzmann
Just a side note to one of Greer's claims of having "briefed" former CIA director and others. Unlike Greer's claims, this has some solid proof...that Greer completely misrepresented the "meeting".
www.ufowatchdog.com...

there is no 'solid proof' of anything at ufowatchdog.com - just lots of accusations, guilt by association, and guilt by proclamation.

You must have missed the letter signed by everyone at Greer's table at the dinner confirming that he, in fact, misrepresented the entire evening and forged quotes attributed to them for his book. That would be as close to solid proof as you can get without having been at the table. So when you say "guilt by proclamation" what you mean is, "Guilt by proclamation of everyone else involved in the conversation."

But here, take this little test. It's one question long.

1.) Which other "just a small town doctor" in the history of modern America has had numerous briefings on the UFO subject at the Pentagon with military generals and CIA agents?

Give up? The answer is: ZERO. This is because a small town doctor would have nothing to offer them on the subject.

It's time to wake up, people. You're being lied to. Again and again, being lied to. Don't claim you want facts and then defend Greer. Greer defenders are incapable of discerning fact from fiction. It might as well be an IQ test at this point.

Paola Harris, for those keeping score, gets an "F." It might be the first "F" she's received in a long, long time--and maybe therein lies the problem, who's to say? All I know is that if a European institution called me and said, "Jeremy! We need you to fly here right away and verify this alien footage and photos!" I'd reply, "Can't you Fed Ex it to me?"

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

You're looking at it all wrong, see.

Woolsey, and his friend, essentially confessed, in writing, to having dinner with Greer. Sure, they object to it being called a "briefing" - but they still admit to meeting with and having dinner with Greer.

You don't find that odd, that the founder of CSETI and the sitting CIA director had dinner together? You think the two of them just happen to be buddies and they just happen to like to have little dinner parties together just for kicks?

Woolsey and friends were railroaded into publicly denying that Greer briefed them. Because briefing a sitting CIA director is something that would give Greer way too much credibility......

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

You're looking at it all wrong, see.

Woolsey, and his friend, essentially confessed, in writing, to having dinner with Greer. Sure, they object to it being called a "briefing" - but they still admit to meeting with and having dinner with Greer.

You don't find that odd, that the founder of CSETI and the sitting CIA director had dinner together? You think the two of them just happen to be buddies and they just happen to like to have little dinner parties together just for kicks?

Woolsey and friends were railroaded into publicly denying that Greer briefed them. Because briefing a sitting CIA director is something that would give Greer way too much credibility......

No, I don't find it odd. I would find it odd if it were a private dinner but they made it clear they were seated at a table with Greer at a dinner party. It's not clear what the event is, but I'll go out on a limb and say it was a political fund raiser or something along those lines and the Greers happened to be seated at the same table.

Or it could have been a conference dinner with assigned seating like the X-Conference. I was assigned to sit at Bruce Macabbee's table...coincidence? YES.

It's not just Woolsey and his friend, it's all four people who signed off on that thing. Now if I were them and I didn't want to draw attention to the reality of my discussion with Greer I'd either:

1.) Never acknowledge it because who in the mainstream media is ever going to ask anyway?

or

2.) Say I can neither confirm nor deny.

or

3.) Make fun of it.

You know, all of the usual disinfo tricks. This isn't one of 'em. They're signing off saying, "Hey this dude's lying" in a kind way that seems credible. Nothing is stopping them from just blatantly saying he's lying, which they could do or as I said, not addressing it at all. They bother because it irks them not because they're covering up.

Now the real question for you is this: Can you have your cake and eat it too? These are the very same people you want to disclose, right? So are you going to trust them if they do? Hell, if Woolsey had said, "Yup! It's all true! Greer is telling the truth," you'd believe him, right?

So it's only when you hear what you want to hear that you're going to believe the lying disinfo agents of doom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
No, I don't find it odd. I would find it odd if it were a private dinner but they made it clear they were seated at a table with Greer at a dinner event. It's not clear what the event is, but I'll go out on a limb and say it was a political fund raiser or something along those lines and the Greers happened to be seated at the same table.

It WAS a private dinner party, involving Woolsey, his friend, Greer, and their three wives. Greer says this in "Hidden Truth", the letter from Woolsey and crew confirms it.

You know, all of the usual disinfo tricks. This isn't one of 'em. They're signing off saying, "Hey this dude's lying" in a kind way that seems credible. Nothing is stopping them from just blatantly saying he's lying, which they could do or as I said, not addressing it at all. They bother because it irks them not because they're covering up.

Greer also claims to have met with Dennis Kucinich, Mrs. Boutros-Ghali, Admiral Hill-Norton, and a whole bunch of others, whose names escape me at the moment. Where are their letters saying that Greer is lying about meeting with them?

Why hasn't Greer been sued for lying and misrepresenting all these people?

Out of all the name-dropping that Greer did in "Hidden Truth", Woolsey is the ONLY one who has denied being briefed by Greer - and yet still admits that he had dinner with Greer.

I maintain that Woolsey was railroaded into publicly denying being briefed by Greer. You'll never convince me otherwise.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Railroaded by whom? What huge outcry was there for the truth? Was CNN beating down Woolsey's door?

And no, that letter does NOT say it was a private dinner. It says it was a PARTY.

Do you believe Greer's other stuff too? Such as the beautiful, if charred, alien baby story? Or that aliens chose him because they knew he was pure of heart? Can you even imagine writing that about yourself?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I just wonder why people keep vouching for him and supporting him. James Gilliland vouched for him, Alfred Webre supports him, Nora Maccoby supports him, Ted Loder supports him.... thousands still flock to his lectures....

Sure he is prone to being egotistical and probably exaggerates some things. Some say he has a Messiah-complex. Fair enough.

All I'm really concerned about is whether his projects are legit or not.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You must have missed the letter signed by everyone at Greer's table at the dinner confirming that he, in fact, misrepresented the entire evening and forged quotes attributed to them for his book. That would be as close to solid proof as you can get without having been at the table. So when you say "guilt by proclamation" what you mean is, "Guilt by proclamation of everyone else involved in the conversation."

I assume you are referring to the letter written by a former head of the CIA distancing himself from Greer, and contradicting Greer's version of the event? So what? I was intrigued to learn that the former CIA head himself wasn't in the UFO 'loop'.

Show me letters signed by the witnesses giving testimony at the National Press Club, that express any discontent about Greer, and how he represented them. That is something I will take seriously.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

show me letters signed by the witnesses giving testimony at the National Press Club, that express any discontent about Greer, and how he represented them. That is something I will take seriously.

Duncan

I don't have a letter but I can give you my word from our conversations that if Robert Salas had a do-over he wouldn't be associated with Greer. We know Lesley Kean didn't invite him to her huge disclosure press conference and she used to work with him. And then there's Edgar Mitchell:

www.rense.com...

Of all the people mentioned a couple of posts above the only name I recognize is Alfred Webre another fruitcake of Learian proportions. Webre says that the towers were struck down on 9/11 by reverse-engineered alien beam technology. Seriously, NOT the guy you want having your back.

Hey, I'd love for these guys to be the real deal too, but they just aren't. Imagine you're 18 years old and an alien takes you to its ship and that ship turns translucent and you feel like (and see that) you're floating in outer space.

Honestly, what would your reaction be? Greer claims this happened to him and it was blissful--and then on to the next paragraph. Does that strike you as a genuine emotion?

Wouldn't it go more like, "Holy sh--! Oh my God! Help--HELP!"

At least for a little while?

And do you really think that he had such a horrid childhood that while watching "Mommy Dearest" in the theater he blurted out that he wished he had a good day like that? (Referring to the abuse the kids on-screen were receiving.)

He had a man-made cancer that by the Powers of Greer (TM) he got rid of? Great. Let's see that medical record. According to Dr. Roger Lier, he saw no scar tissue on Greer when he was prancing around a hotel pool in his swim trunks, from having just had several melanomas removed.

The man lies. Nothing he says checks out. And he WANTS YOUR MONEY.

Hasn't ufology been down this road enough times to get it? What does it take? If we keep feeding the Greers of the world are we any smarter than the evangelical sheep that patronize those gatherings with their tears, hopes, belief, and cash in hand?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I don't have a letter but I can give you my word from our conversations that if Robert Salas had a do-over he wouldn't be associated with Greer. We know Lesley Kean didn't invite him to her huge disclosure press conference and she used to work with him. And then there's Edgar Mitchell:

Are you perfect, Jeremy? Does everyone like you, forever, or do you make some friends but have disagreements and fallouts with some others?

Of all the people mentioned a couple of posts above the only name I recognize is Alfred Webre another fruitcake of Learian proportions.

The FIRST fruitcake to have his own Exopolitics/UFO terrestrial radio show - before even ATS got one.....

HMMM......

And Greer, Gilliland, Webre and Salla all vouch for each other and support each other (except maybe for Greer and Salla).

HMMMMM.......

Hey, I'd love for these guys to be the real deal too, but they just aren't.

And you know that for a fact - how?

Do they just give any fruitcake their own terrestrial radio show? Without checking into their background and qualifications.....?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

The other guy said to show him a signed letter by people associated with Greer. I don't have that (except for Edgar Mitchell's) so I gave those anecdotes. Don't go all smarmy on me--I was responding to his question.

What are the qualifications for having a radio show? Let me see my rule book here--none. There are none. G. Gordon Liddy did jail time. SHOW. Rush Limbaugh is a lying drug addict. SHOW. Go down the list of talk show personalities. It takes nothing but a voice.

If you want to put your trust in Alfred "Alien beams took down the towers" Webre and Michael "I can teach you to commune with dolphins for money" Salla, be my guest.

If you believe there's a federation of 57 alien species dying for us to get with the program so they can open up Galactic NAFTA, that's fine. If lispy fey guys who ask for your tax stimulus money are your thing, who am I to judge? By all means, pay up!

Just don't whine when the real truth is disclosed.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If you want to put your trust in Alfred "Alien beams took down the towers" Webre and Michael "I can teach you to commune with dolphins for money" Salla, be my guest.

Swimming with dolphins is fun and lots of people do it. What's the problem?

As for Webre, just because I am supportive of him, that doesn't mean I think he's 100% correct about everything. I don't agree that directed energy weapons were used to destroy the towers (directed energy weapons, not "Alien beams"). But I still think that he has plenty of good content.

If you believe there's a federation of 57 alien species dying for us to get with the program so they can open up Galactic NAFTA, that's fine.

And what's wrong with the federation concept? Would you prefer galactic anarchy, chaos, war and destruction? I sure don't!

If lispy fey guys who ask for your tax stimulus money are your thing, who am I to judge? By all means, pay up!

Just don't whine when the real truth is disclosed.

Haha.

You know what I think is really ignorant? The ultimate ignorance?

Refusing to even look at new evidence. It's right up there with condemnation without investigation......

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't have a letter but I can give you my word from our conversations that if Robert Salas had a do-over he wouldn't be associated with Greer. We know Lesley Kean didn't invite him to her huge disclosure press conference and she used to work with him. And then there's Edgar Mitchell

Everyone in those circles has preferences about who they want to work with and who they don't. It is no secret that Greer has the typical medico arrogance - so what?

I know people who don't want anything to do with Robert, or Lesley and as for Edgar Mitchell's mental stability - well ...

Salas and Kean are not circulating any public letters of concern regarding Greer, and nor are the Disclosure Project witnesses. Until then, your 'take' on the situation remains nothing more than a personal grudge it would seem.

Alfred Webre is another person I have had lots of personal dealings with. So he is a nutter to you also? No surprises there I guess. Anybody who you don't agree with is a nutter - based on your own expert knowledge of the universe. I guess his credentials, qualifications and respect from many many people means nothing to you either.

How about YOU just go and do something better than these people who you slander so willingly. In fact, how about YOU just go and do ANYTHING positive, instead of acting like some self-appointed thought-policeman.

Once again, you have NO evidence that Greer is a fraud, and to hide this uncomfortable fact, you start attacking Alfred Webre.

After all my years working with these people, and their organisations, and their members, and their peers - I have yet to change my mind about Greer's honesty and integrity. And until I learn otherwise, I stand by Alfred Webre also.

How about you go get a life and lay off slandering people with differing views than your own?

Duncan

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Once again, you have NO evidence that Greer is a fraud

Yes we do - Mothra.

Remember the Mothra Incident.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Once again, you have NO evidence that Greer is a fraud

Yes we do - Mothra.

Remember the Mothra Incident.

I heard some vague references to it, and I just tried googling it - not much around.

Maybe you can refresh us with why the Mothra Incident is evidence of fraud?

Duncan

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I heard some vague references to it, and I just tried googling it - not much around. Maybe you can refresh us with why the Mothra Incident is evidence of fraud?

Enjoy reading this thread.

Note that some of the images (from ATS members) don't load any longer, as they have probably been deleted from their respective accounts. Remember, this was more than a year ago.

Naturally, cult greer removed the images of their fraud, after it realised it was sprung trying to pull another trick.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

I heard some vague references to it, and I just tried googling it - not much around. Maybe you can refresh us with why the Mothra Incident is evidence of fraud?

Enjoy reading this thread.

Note that some of the images (from ATS members) don't load any longer, as they have probably been deleted from their respective accounts. Remember, this was more than a year ago.

Naturally, cult greer removed the images of their fraud, after it realised it was sprung trying to pull another trick.

Thanks for the link. I remember it now. Yes, I agree with you about using photos of orbs or rods as evidence of anything. Even though I have yet to be convinced about what exactly orb photos are showing, the fact is that virtually everyone doing any new age workshop is taking snapshots of the bloody things. I have had soooo many people email me pictures of their orbs, citing them as evidence of something or other. I haven't run any articles on the subject simply because there is no evidence to prove either what they are, or what they are not. Just speculation.

I agree that the pictures and his claims make him look spurious, but I still do not believe that he intentionally set out to deceive people with them. Heaps of people in the UFO field these days are agog with orbs. You can ridicule him for believing in aliens, ufos, orbs, coverups all you like, but that does not make him a liar, a fraud, or dishonest simply because he has such beliefs.

To people who don't believe in ORBS, ANYONE writing books, doing talks about them is a knowing liar, fraud or plain nutcase.

To people who don't believe in UFOs, ANYONE writing books, doing talks about them is a knowing liar, fraud or plain nutcase.

To people who don't believe that UFOs can be summoned or communicated with, ANYONE writing books, doing talks about them is a knowing liar, fraud or plain nutcase.

You see my point? People can be 'genuine' despite their beliefs.

Duncan

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join