It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge", by Dr Steven Greer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello

Steven Greer is about to publish a new important book called "Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge".

I invite everyone to check out this link for more informations : www.disclosureproject.org...

Be sure to read the book introduction.

I look forward for your comments

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
another shameless plug...

[edit on 3-3-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
another shameless plug...

[edit on 3-3-2006 by IntelRetard]

Thats it? That's all you got to say? Did you read the introduction?

Shameless plug or not it sounds like a compelling read and I'm buying the book as soon as it comes to Boarders or Barnes and Nobel.

Dr. Greer has his detractors; still I feel he is one of the few credible along with Jaques Valle and John Keel.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
To IntelRetard,

Usually the people that plug on this website are new members that make their first post relating to only the plug. Look at this guy's ATS points, he is obviuosly an active member here just informing people of the book. I am interested in reading his works. This might actually be the only UFO item I will buy.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think this guy is telling the truth or at least believes he is. He is one of the few I really believe!!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
'...to his unraveling of the secret cabal running the illegal transnational energy and UFO – related projects...'

Come on...How can you prove a conspiracy built on a conspiracy? It doesn't make sense. If you can't even prove the existance of a shadow government to the point where people in general will actually believe, and know of it's existance, as a whole, how can you prove what the shadow government is doing?

It's the workings of the paranoid.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've read enough about Greer. He's simply another charlatan that will stretch things out as long as he can and make a good buck in the process.

The only thing hold back the Disclosure Project are the people who run or organize the project. Primarily it would appear that Greer has the reins. At any time on any day they can release and disclose all their vaunted "Proof" and "Evidence" for the whole wide world to see. Use the power of the Interenet numbskulls and enforce it with a qualified press release. But that's not likely to happen.

In the meantime it will be another protracted excuse as to why not and more books to keep his account solvent.

The biggest threat to UFO's and Aliens has nothing to do with any government. It's the insipid scammers out to make a buck.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Dr Steven Greer
was just on the hisory chanel show about usos. it was a new show just airing today.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i'll bet the information is so important that he will need to charge a fee for it, rather than just publishing it on the net... why go through a publisher when you can handle it very efficiently via the web -- that is if it really is the message you care about, and not the $$$$?

maybe i'm the only one who is a bit cynical about people who make incredible claims and offer no evidence to support them and then go around selling books, tapes, lectures, and whatever else to the fringe public.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoopnfunk
i'll bet the information is so important that he will need to charge a fee for it, rather than just publishing it on the net... why go through a publisher when you can handle it very efficiently via the web -- that is if it really is the message you care about, and not the $$$$?

Cynicism is a stinky cologne.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
He has a point. If Greer really cared about getting his message out to people so that they can become aware and somehow stop this event from happening, he would give us the information for free.

And according to his predictions, this so called 'war of the worlds' scenerio would take place probably well after he is dead. So of course it makes sense for him to make predictions when he won't even be around to get ragged on when they don't come true.

Also, it's really hard to believe that it goes cold war --> war on terror --> war on aliens. Does that mean the war on terror isn't going to last that long or that it's going to last extremely long!?

It doesn't make any sense. It's very contradicting of him to do that. And it's worse because he's the guy leading the Disclosure Project.

He's just a guy playing a flute and leading a bunch of rats around in a circle.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, DrGreer gave up being a doctor to do the disclosure. Make a buck??? i think not, he could make 100x more being a doctor here in the US. I still ride the fence about him, but i lean more towards credible than a charlatan makin a buck.

And how do all of you pay your bills when you are traveling the country talking at symposiums, tracking down government people willing to talk, running a site and writing a book. He has a family and a home and bills just like the rest of us adults. I wouldnt wanna live on the streets while i write a book, how about all of you? Pay for bandwidth, plane tickets for you and your guests, and everything else while raising a family.

In the words of a rock song, tell my why they call this a free country if it costs so much to live. I understand alot of members here are young and live at home with parents. When you become a homeowner, paying taxes on everything you own and try to keep ahead of the money game, i wanna see you just stop living your regular life and start doing this for free. You wont last very long.

PS: thanks for the heads up on that Musclor, ill be buying that book at my local bookstore also.

edited for the PS

[edit on 11-7-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What kind of ETs did Dr. Greer have contact with? I hope I did not misread that intro. Anyways, that's all I was curious about at this moment.

Dae

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Ladies and Gentlemen, DrGreer gave up being a doctor to do the disclosure. Make a buck???

But the thing is he hasnt written a book, he clearly states that

It is not a written book, but merely an edited transcript of over 45 hours of audio tape

So, its not like he took a few years to write this, probably a few months. Also... $36??? A bit steep wouldnt you say? I mean considering the subject matter...

Im also fed up with books, wheres the proof?

Anyway, on the note that he was a doctor and could be making heaps of money if he was practising... so what? I bet he isnt the first trained professional to walk away and 'do' something else. But look at it like this, he is famous now and has a crusade, sounds great to me.

Maybe we should be expecting Greer cologne "the scent of UFO for the man who has no proof"

[disclaimer - cynicism is reading high - HEADCON 2]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Oh ok sorry not writing a book, editing 45hrs of audio. You gonna tell me that doesnt take time? Wheres the proof?? what about all the ex-government employees, military and civilians that have come forward with him to tell their side of the story?

SO WHAT to walking away from being a doctor?? Do you know what it takes to become a doctor, its not a freakin job u just wake up and start doing one day. Jeez Dae lets see you do it. Lets see you become a doctor and walk away from it, spend endless yrs searching these people out to tell their stories. Why does everything have to be spoon fed to you. And even if it did take a few months to write it, what about the months and years he has spent tracking down people to talk. If its such a piece of cake to do it, get ur butt out and do it then if you want the in your face proof.

I dont have that kinda time, nor do i have the monetary comfort zone to do it myself, so just like most, I have to go by the ones that have.

I never said i fully believe him, i said i am riding the fence as with all alien stuff since ive never seen an alien, been abducted, or seen a UFO. But i lean more towards truth than charlatan due to the list of people that have hitched their wagon to Dr.Greer. I believe them alot more than i would believe a faceless poster on a thread.

Dae

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I never said i fully believe him, i said i am riding the fence as with all alien stuff since ive never seen an alien, been abducted, or seen a UFO. But i lean more towards truth than charlatan due to the list of people that have hitched their wagon to Dr.Greer. I believe them alot more than i would believe a faceless poster on a thread.

You did read my disclaimer right?

Im a tad confused, what have I asked you to believe in my post? I was giving my opinion is all. Dont you think $36 is a bit steep for a book?

Ok, now I will criticise it. I shall bold out the ego related stuff.

In one of the most astounding and moving true stories ever told, Dr. Greer relates his own personal experiences with Extraterrestrial peoples and the unfolding of cosmic awareness since his childhood. From his sighting of a UFO at an early age, to his amazing near-death experience at age 17, to his unraveling of the secret cabal running the illegal transnational energy and UFO – related projects, to his meetings with a CIA Director, US Senators, heads of state and royalty – you will be moved, shocked and enlightened as you read through this memoir.

Most astounding and moving true story ever told... Really now, does it need that sort of tosh? The subject matter should speak for itself, instead it speaks to me of EGO, namely Greers. Id actually like to buy this book and see for myself but $36 is an unfunny joke but I can wait. Im sure between now and when some members have read it that there will be no proof and just more books (Im not just picking on Greer here but at the whole UFO/ET genre) and we can probably waste more time comparing it to other books while still having no proof.

Wheres the proof?? what about all the ex-government employees, military and civilians that have come forward with him to tell their side of the story?

You mean all those testimonies for the Disclosure Project? Is that was this book is about? I gathered from the introduction that is about Greers personal experiences and beliefs about 'cosmic consciousness' and amazing technologies. Truely Im interested in his life and how he got to where hes at but... Its just another book filled with words that doesnt change a thing.

It is by no means meant to be all-inclusive or recall all the information conveyed to me by thousands of conversations and meetings with covert contacts within the Shadow Government

I hope he will explain these meetings clearly and convice us that he isnt a stooge for this Shadow Government he has found.

You will learn the secrets of how ET civilizations communicate – and travel- across the vastness of space, and you will explore the nexus where Mind, Space, Time and Matter all come together.

Im hoping some ATS member will share this information freely with us here

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's probably all about numbers :
If surveys tell you that 48% of americans believe in ufos, that's numbers. And increasing.
And book sales are also numbers even if a lot of debunkers will buy the book.
Now i understand it might hurt some of them to artificially increase the sales, but no matter how it sells, the debunking has still to come up.
Now it's pretty easy to come on a forum and call it all lies.
The guy surely deserves some credit for dedicating his life to it when some others just stand behind their screen shouting "he's a witch, get him shutdown, let's ban all references to him".

In fact, what you're saying is :don't buy the book, don't add to his credibility, coz that's gonna make me(you) a hard time sitting behind my(your) screen and hijacking every thread that talks about the subject.

Dr Greer is lucky that some posts are not like bullets cause some people would have him killed a long time ago.

Why deny what he has to offer ?
Why do you so strongly want people to believe its a hoax ?
Perhaps some shares in the energy-military complex.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ladies and Gentlemen, DrGreer gave up being a doctor to do the disclosure. Make a buck??? i think not, he could make 100x more being a doctor here in the US. I still ride the fence about him, but i lean more towards credible than a charlatan makin a buck.

And how do all of you pay your bills when you are traveling the country talking at symposiums, tracking down government people willing to talk, running a site and writing a book. He has a family and a home and bills just like the rest of us adults. I wouldnt wanna live on the streets while i write a book, how about all of you? Pay for bandwidth, plane tickets for you and your guests, and everything else while raising a family.

In the words of a rock song, tell my why they call this a free country if it costs so much to live. I understand alot of members here are young and live at home with parents. When you become a homeowner, paying taxes on everything you own and try to keep ahead of the money game, i wanna see you just stop living your regular life and start doing this for free. You wont last very long.

PS: thanks for the heads up on that Musclor, ill be buying that book at my local bookstore also.

edited for the PS

[edit on 11-7-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

Shoot, I bet he makes 10x the amount of a physician to be on the lecture circuit, write books, do interviews, etc.. Remember physician have that nastly little thing called "malpractice insurance" that they have to pay. It's a gross misconception to think that all physicians are loaded to the gills.

Oh, and as a follow-up book, maybe he can title it, "Crouching Tiger - Hidden Dragon".......wait, that's already been done. My bad.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
if his book actually reaches a bookstore near me

ill go sit down at their comfy chairs and read it for Free

and put it back on the shelf lol

so , he wont make any $$$ off me, because frankly
i dont have any $$$ in the first place

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting link, even more interesting discussion.

I agree with the sentiments above, making a lot of money as a doctor, which takes much hard work to become, and then walking away one day doesn't make much sense.

I also agree that for him to get his message out, in public, in private, wherever, does require money, so I don't blame him for selling a book. I do not like the $36 pricetag, but there is not much one can do about it.

I would like to check this book out, real or not. I look at it like 'brainstorming'. You have to keep throwing ideas out there and off of those ideas you spawn more ideas, etc. Eventually you'll get what you're after.

Anywho thanks again for this thread and that link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join