It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible way to clearly hear A51 radio channels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Think... to hear radio noise off stars clearly... one uses an array of radio telescopes...

To hear all of the government radio communication in and around A51... why not use an array? A51 Buffs just have one or two camps with people sitting out on their common radio equipment...

But what if... you had a sparse array? Lets say... 30 or so radio receivers in and around the desert of A51 or some other base... or what ever else you decide. All focused on one frequency you would like to hear. They record it to onboard drives, then you compile all data from all angles of reception.

Vwala, clear reception of their transmissions. No more "Did he say white light? or light right?" "What was all that talking? I couldn't pick up half of it"

Just a theory...

This could be applied to other things, like sound recording. One could record a large explosion from many directions, and try to figure out what type of government weapon was test.

Such an array wouldn't be very expensive or hard to manage IF you have the right tools or resources... not for the average joe.

Also, Tin Foil AMPLIFIES government radio frequencies, and dampens civillian (so much for tin foil protection suits, silly rabbits) so this would also be a nice thing to use...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Instead of all that work just drive up to Rachel and set your scanner to the search mode. Most of the transmissions arent encrypted yet. To hear the aircraft out of Groom search between 225.000 and 400.000. You Can hear some security transmissions on occasion between 25.00 and 49.00.
Hank

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
are u onabout placin these inside the base or simply around the outside? first problem i see is inside the base is gettin them there and sending a signal to you. any signal sent is picked up by directional finding equiptment that even the lowest budget countrys have. and i thought that all the civillian areas around the base r frequently scanned by enthusiasts

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hank
Instead of all that work just drive up to Rachel and set your scanner to the search mode. Most of the transmissions arent encrypted yet. To hear the aircraft out of Groom search between 225.000 and 400.000. You Can hear some security transmissions on occasion between 25.00 and 49.00.
Hank

Thats the problem, occasionally, or if you do hear it...its not clear. This set up would pick up clearer transmissions once compiled together. Its not HOW to get it, but rather, how to get 100% clear receptions... in short, less static in the compiled version as some positions might pick up the signal better than others due to terrain and interferance.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I agree with hank.

The 'fast mover' and 'gas pipe' were both heard on un scrambled frequencies and were heard loud and clear. Theres no mystery in area 51 comms - its unscrambled and open so they just use coded words and sayings. if you ever get to go to a red flag to watch or participate, you will often hear ATC warn 'icoming aircraft steer to....XYZ because you are entering restricted air corridor'.

No need for arrays or fancy kit.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I use a pro 26 handheld and a 30 inch magnet mount antenna on top of my Blazer and everthing I hear is loud and clear. If you are down in the valley you miss some transmissions but if you go to the Powelines overlook or Coyote Summit all your reception is loud and clear. Remember Rachel itself is 5000 ft. in elevation and its easy to catch the transmissions.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Indeed so I guess, however, this could be applied to other harder to hear areas on the planet.

Like I said, its not fancy equipment, just lots and lots of average equipment spread out remotely across an area to pick up signals that are hard to hear. Mabye not just A51 but other spots.

Doesn't matter, people do what works, in your case your right on A51.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Not sure how civilian receivers could be used for this, but if one could build a "voting receiver switch" it would help. That is, a centralized switch that accepts only the strongest signal "voted" out of a pool of signals, and records that traffic only. For example, let's say you had 4 receivers in different places, all linked by microwave to a central voting receiver switchboard. The switch would constantly be recording whenever a signal was present, and the way it would choose which of the 4 signals to record would be to choose the strongest, constantly checking them all so that if one receiver drops out, another takes over seamlessly.

A voting receiver system is common in a system like a large law enforcement agency where there may be multiple sites on the same frequency but one central remote base. The signals that go to the base station are those that are "voted" in from the strongest receiver at the moment.

top topics

join