It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a one-time-per-thread tag limit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I saw the thread on tags and I suspect that this has been answered in there somewhere, but that thread is 20 pages long. I'd go cross-eyed searching through that many pages at this point (been in front of the screen all day).

Why is it that we have only one opportunity to add tags to a thread? After adding a tag(s) the box disappears. Often, there are many other relevant tags that come to mind after a thread has numerous replies.

So, why just the one shot?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, why just the one shot?

Quality comes to mind. That's not policy, just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

because people like me, sorry,

I guess the member that just tagged this thread with the quote above has answered the question. I hope a mod comes along and removes that, and then penalizes the offending member.

Tags are not for posting a reply to a thread.........

I would love to see the restriction lifted for members that have proven they can provide proper contextual tags for the threads. Many times I find I just don't have enough space for the tags I want to place, or I find something further down the thread that should be added, and I just don't have the option anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm only guessing, but I actually think there may be a second reason, in addition to limiting the ability of members to vandalize threads.

You get points (5 I think?) for tagging. To keep members from tagging the same thread over and over for quick and easy points without even having to explore ATS content, additional coding work would be required to limit the point bonus to only the first tag that member gives on a thread.

new topics

top topics

join