It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams exceed maximum quota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
How many dreams is it possible to have in one night? How many can you recall having in one night? Is there a limit?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I counted 39 last Monday. 37 came between 1am and 6am. I can't even fathom now how I could have had so many.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
or how did you count them all?

I guess I have had maybe 3 dreams that i could recall but thats only cause I woke up during my sleep.

maybe I have multiphase dreams but it blends all into 1 long dream eh?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Maximum 3 imo.

Never had more that I remember.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I kept a running total in my mind. There was too many to actually remember the content of each and right down. On average over the last 4 weeks I have around 10 per night.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How much detail of these dreams do you remember?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I usually only remember the last 1 or 2 dreams but I know there are more.

I woke up during my sleep.

I don't like to tease people, but this one is just itching for a smart _ss comment. Sorry, couldn't resist. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
oh noes

uhh what comments dey be will i have to say "liek omg ist grammar nazi"?

lawl

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
On this particular night some of them went for an hour or so (it seemed) and some went for a couple of seconds. Immediately after I woke a remember sizeable quantities of most of them, but by the morning when I woke up to write them down I could probably only remember 10 or so and I ended up writing 6 down, mainly concentrating on the lucid or more interesting ones. I think it may have been the same night that I actually wrote the majority down when the count was at 34, the only problem was I was dreaming when I did this, thus I didn't actually write anything down until I really woke up. This caused me to forget a large proportion as I felt I had them written down so I didn't need to bother trying to remember them. Oh well, never mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've never recalled having more than 3 in one night

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Last night I had another 16. by the time I got up in the morning I was able to remeber 6 of them. I remembered another 2 later in the day. They seem to increase in frequency as the night goes on. I was sitting on 2 at around 4am and I woke up at 7am with 16. At least half of those would have been in the last hour I reckon.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I can't comprehend how you could possibly remember that many.....

Lysergic, nothing personal, it wasn't your grammer at all. Just plain sounded funny. I apologize for mentioning it.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hmmm, maybe i have to defrag my memory. All I ever remember is usually one dream a night, most times not even that.

It proably depends on how deeply you sleep. Rem, or pre-Rem, or something like that.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Beer Guy:
Don't worry, I find it hard to comprehend myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
According to dreammoods.com the average person has about 3 to 5 dreams per night.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No massive dream nights lately. Occassionaly I'm having 15 or 20 but generally it's back down to 5 or 10 a night now. However I have noticed an increase in the length of dreams recently. Consistently I'm having dreams that seem to last for an hour or two rather than a few minutes.

top topics

join