It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher compares Hitler and Bush, students walk out in Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In Colorado, Jay Bennish, an Overland Highschool teacher has compared George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler in some of his teachings and has been sent on a leave of absense for his remarks. On response to his absense, 150 students have walked out to show support for their teacher.

AURORA, Colorado (AP) -- About 150 high school students walked out of class to protest a decision to put a teacher on leave while they investigate remarks he made about President Bush in class, including that some people compare Bush to Adolf Hitler.

I understand as an authority figure he should be not preaching radical thoughts to these young minds, however their is always 2 sides to every coin.

If done appropriately does he have the right to talk like this and explore the other side of the coin to these students?

If he is a democrat he should not have to give Bush a vote of confidence in his class if he does not believe it. The purpose of the school systems should not be to believe everything you hear and see.

Bush has his supporters as well as his enemies.

The teacher should not be disciplined for allowing the children to have an open mind.

Alot of innocent lives have been lost over sea's, thousands of innocent women and children have lost their lives. Countless injured, countless homeless.

As much as people can argue it, there are links. Before the truth came out of Hitler, he was seen as a charismatic leader and was shown alot of respect from world leaders. History does not remember him well, its left to be seen for Bush.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just noticed this thread is already running, Mods please close.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Already a thread with that topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Must be an echo in here, I already stated that in my second post when I noticed it.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Freedom of speech.

If someone can compare an orange to a pear then there should be nothing wrong with what that teacher said. It is the teacher's personal opinion and those students need to tolerate it.

new topics

top topics

join