It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the masonic stickers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
in my experience, masons have always been open and proud of their membership. i have seen cars and trucks with more then half a dozen various decals and badges on them. one fella i saw had a clear compass and square decal over each blinker, making it all but impossible not to notice them, plus 4 or 5 other masonic emblems

as for them not asking people to join, thats more about them making unsolicited invites as a lodge, or becomming "Doorbell masons". but many masons have encouraged me to join, asked me if i planned on joining, and one even pulled a "jedi" on me, looking me square in the eyes and saying "Join us".

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I often see vehicles with the aluminum/enamel masonic badges representing lodges, degrees, side degrees, etc. No secrecy involved, it seems.

Maybe if they get pulled-over by a policeman who's a fellow-Mason who sees their masonic badges, they will let the driver off easy?

As for membership, I've always heard that one would ask to be considered, or would be invited to join.

I've read that an exception is in Australia - membership is strictly by invitation only, and any inquiries would guarantee you won't get invited in the future, ever.

Don't know if this is true or not, maybe someone else can confirm/deny?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Actually I understand that masons have secret handshakes etc., do they have some kind of secret gesture that they can send to each other for identification? It would be handy in a court case or on a job interview or dealing with the media whereby the mason guy would get the best possible treatment.

I've always thought of buying one of those old mason rings on ebay and pretending to be a mason, you know read a bit and play it up, and then see if the doors to success in life start opening up for me.

Has anyone else out there done this and if so how did it go?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
LOL, I know some people who've seriously thought about doing just that - posing as a Mason.

I think such an idea would be doomed to failure; you'd eventually (or quickly) found out, and then....

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nah they won't find out because masonry is secret. I can tell them that I belong to the inner circle and name some BS lodge they never heard of. If they ask me I can tell them I'm going to report them to the supreme pothead err.. potentate or whatever.

I think this can work.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
LOLOL.

Good luck, I don't think it would work.

You'd probably be asked what local lodge you belong to, and if its local or regional, they might ask, "Do you know (so-and-so)?.."

Or ask you a question that might seem innocuous, but readily identified by Masons.

If you want a real kick, give the sign for a Mason in distress to one of those cars with a badge on it and see what happens. I did that many years ago with both humorous and horrifying results.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Nah they won't find out because masonry is secret. I can tell them that I belong to the inner circle and name some BS lodge they never heard of. If they ask me I can tell them I'm going to report them to the supreme pothead err.. potentate or whatever.

I think this can work.

It wont work. I will simply ask you to show me your dues card. If you cant produce one I will call you a fraud and report you to the Illuminatti/NWO/Masonic Secret Police who will most likely kidnap you and sent you to our Secret Prison on Mars where you will be analy probed my Lord Marduk

[edit on 24-11-2006 by RWPBR]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Actually I understand that masons have secret handshakes etc., do they have some kind of secret gesture that they can send to each other for identification? It would be handy in a court case or on a job interview or dealing with the media whereby the mason guy would get the best possible treatment.

I've always thought of buying one of those old mason rings on ebay and pretending to be a mason, you know read a bit and play it up, and then see if the doors to success in life start opening up for me.

Has anyone else out there done this and if so how did it go?

Masons do not have the same clout they had 100 years ago. Most CEO's, Congressmen, etc. are NOT masons. If you are going to pretend to be something to get ahead, don't pretend to be a mason. Try pretending to be a graduate of an elite school like Harvard, an experienced mountain climber, or a good golfer.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Perhaps everybody is reading too much into the masonic sticker thing. People have bumber stickers and license plate frames which advertise all sorts of things like the college they went to, that their children is an honor roll student, that they are sexy grandmothers, and that they are masons.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Perhaps everybody is reading too much into the masonic sticker thing. People have bumber stickers and license plate frames which advertise all sorts of things like the college they went to, that their children is an honor roll student, that they are sexy grandmothers, and that they are masons.

Agreed, where I live you can buy masonic G stickers with the compass in most stores, along with G baseball hats, they have become quite the fashion statement

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Most Masons that I have met seem to be very open with it, until you ask them about their rituals. Most Masons probably just have the sticker to show their pride and/or to connect with other Masons. For example, if you were a Freemason police officer, would you pull over a fellow Mason if he ran a stop sign. Probably not.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by magestica
Of late, I've seen the masonic symbol sticker on the back left hand side of vehicles. I thought masons did not "openly" identify themselves? Or are these just stickers bought out of some gumball machine for people who like to portray that they are a mason?

Any ideas?

All Masons "openly identify themselves". We are very proud of the Masonic fraternity, and proud to be associated with it.

Not in Russia where they are still actively oppressed.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wanna hear something really scary? Some people actually have stickers on their cars that advertize the names of their children to complete strangers.

What's that all about?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What's even weirder is at my school, the top science student gets a Freemason's Cup. Creepy.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why should it be creepy that an organization rooted in the sciences gives out....a science award?

trinityman
Some people actually have stickers on their cars that advertize the names of their children to complete strangers.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

....Because I don't have any idea where the hell you'd find any freemasons around here.

Here's a question though. How do you join a secret society anyway? I mean, it's not like they walk around going "Hey, you wanna be a freemason?" I mean, what does it even take to become one?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't think its that hard to join. Masons are really in need of members. If you happen to run into one in a bar, chances are he will talk your ear off about it (this has happened to me) and indirectly pitch membership to you, since they cannot directly ask. I would imagine all the other lodge type organizations like elks and such may not be much different.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Guy

....Because I don't have any idea where the hell you'd find any freemasons around here.

New Zealand? I do.

Here's a question though. How do you join a secret society anyway? I mean, it's not like they walk around going "Hey, you wanna be a freemason?" I mean, what does it even take to become one?

You need to research, decide you want to join, and then ask.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

www.freemasons.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

pick up the phone book, i all but guarentee they are listed.

whats more, if you look at the hands of every man you meet over the age of 30 and check his fingers for a ring, you will spot the compass and square before long, or the shriner symbol, and if you get real lucky you might spot a double-headed eagle common on 32-33* rings.

and honestly.. they just arent that secret... they were secret because people use to kill masons. but that doesnt happen anymore.

As for becomming one, all you need to do is be honest and decent, with a desire to enlighten and better yourself and your community, a belief in a supreme and guiding force in the universe.. and of course to not be a felon

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join