It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Suicide Bomber

page: 1

join
share:
FNF

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How can a suicide bomber be Islamic - Is this not an oxymoron? It states quite clearly in Islamic beliefs that you must respect other religions etc.

In my opinion these suicide bombers are not blowing themselves up simply because they are muslims, it is for other reasons. By American media labelling them as Islamic, I feel this is all a plan to create tension between Islam and the West, while at the same time diverting attention away from the root issue of what would drive a person to make the ultimate sacrifice and blow themselves up?

Thank you. Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it would be more political then just "Kill the infidels".

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FNF
How can a suicide bomber be Islamic - Is this not an oxymoron? It states quite clearly in Islamic beliefs that you must respect other religions etc.

By American media labelling them as Islamic, I feel this is all a plan to create tension between Islam and the West, while at the same time diverting attention away from the root issue of what would drive a person to make the ultimate sacrifice and blow themselves up?

Maybe it's the habit they have of shouting "Allahu Akbar!" before they blow themselves up?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FNF

In my opinion these suicide bombers are not blowing themselves up simply because they are muslims, it is for other reasons.

I think everyone recognizes that. That there are all types of people who are muslims and that its not solely because a person is a muslim that they do this sort of thing.

By American media labelling them as Islamic,

?
Only american media is doing this? And what do you mean by 'labeling'? The description is perfectly accurate. There are only, in the modern world, two groups that engage in suicide terrorist bombing, muslims and Sri lankan rebels.
No other group, that I am aware of, does this, including other terrorists like the IRA or Falange, etc.
Also, rarely do I see the media saying 'islamic suicide bomber', usually they just say its a suicide bomber and thats it.

I feel this is all a plan to create tension between Islam and the West,

I'd say that the suicide bombings are what is creating the tension.

while at the same time diverting attention away from the root issue of what would drive a person to make the ultimate sacrifice and blow themselves up?

There are lots of people that are suffering in the world, the vast majority don't engage in suicide bombing. The difference between the suicide bomber and the normal sufferer seems to be that there is a system that supports, recruits, and employs suicide bombers. So, for example, we hav a lot of groups responding to what they see as israeli agreesion and injustice. Most people under this 'oppression' and occupation don't become suicide bombers and deal with the problem in other ways. Then there are some people who do become suicide bombers, because they are encouraged to by organizations that use them, like the PLO, Hamas, etc.
So the 'root cause' of suicide bombers is the brainwashing and manipulatory predations of groups like the PLO and Hamas. Thats the only distinguishing mark between suicide bombers and everyone else that is suffering under similar occupation.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I think most people realize there's more to suicide bombers than their religious beliefs/affiliations. And regardless of how it seems, they are a minority in their religion. Every religion will have its extremists who twist their religious views to justify their purpose.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FNF

By American media labelling them as Islamic, I feel this is all a plan to create tension between Islam and the West, while at the same time diverting attention away from the root issue of what would drive a person to make the ultimate sacrifice and blow themselves up?

Thank you. Peace be with you.

Dont believe that it is just tension between the West and Islam.With the US striking a nuclear deal with India(mostly Hindu) there will now be an escalation of tensions between Hindus and Muslims.Expect to see more suicide bombings in this part of the world now.
Not only is the Middle East a festering cauldron of hate you can now add the asian sub continent into the mix.
Who the hell is running US foreign policy.Itchy and Scratchy!Great timing guys.NOT...
And yes most of the suicide bombers are Islamic,why not tell it like it is.There are many reasons for this,firstly the fanatics dont have access to the sort of weapons their 'enemies' have and secondly it is an extremely successful method of attacking key targets with minimal expenditure.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

"Extremism is the enemy of Islam. Whereas, jihad is allowed in Islam to defend one's land, to help the oppressed. The difference between jihad in Islam and extremism is like the earth and the sky," Sheikh Tantawi said.

Source

[edit on 7-3-2006 by thawyze]

top topics

join