It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull Valley High Level Nuclear Waste Disposal Facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Did any one know that skull valley will be used as a high level nuclear waste storage facility like the one at yucca mountain

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by DEFCON]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Defcon -

Do you have a link for us to take a look at??

I have never heard this speculation personally...

More info would be appreciated!

Thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is quite interesting! I've never heard of the Skull Valley facility before. Do you all think Skull Vally might be linked to the US nuclear Weapons Program? This looks like a good subject to fallow up on.

Tim

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
as far as i can see it is only a high level spent fuel dry storage facility and not linked to the nuclear weapons program

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I agree w/Defcon... More than likely they look at the desert like a giant litter-box for the nuclear waste....unless the whole 'nuclear waste' campaign is a front...which I doubt...

Funny little thought I had... The article that Defcon posted was talking about everyone that is trying to get the nuclear waste out of Skull Valley... they are all worried about the little towns etc... that the trucks drive through...

My question is "What about the drivers of the trucks???" Aren't they running a huge risk being that close to the nuclear waste??? I mean, I know they are worried about the towns from a spill stand-point, but still...aren't the drivers in considerate danger?? Does anyone know what preventative measures are taken to ensure the safety of the driver? Just curious...

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I've spent quite a bit of time driving or riding motorcycles through Skull Valley. The area of the waste site is in the Goshute Indian Reservation, and they contracted to build the facility to generate revenue. There isn't much else to put there to generate revenue. However, Dugway Prooving Grounds is close by, with tons of stored chemical munitions, and a chemical weapon incinerator.

About the nuclear waste shipments. They are pretty damned safe. The cask used is capable of withstanding crashes, fire, etc. A long time ago I could have told you exactly the specifications, but now I no longer remember. Needless to say, I would be far more worried about getting in to a wreck with the truck than the effects of the waste.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
the links i posted was one of the only sites on the web about it. how ever the waste is stored in huge casks that are heavily protected so even if it is high level waste the drivers are well protected and get paid loads

if anyone has any more photos of the are i would very much like to see them

Thanks

Trust No One

Defcon

new topics

top topics

join