It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One's past is another's present?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a great thread. I've always partially believed that we could be God, and that God is everything, but I don't think I've ever thought of it as "you are me, I am you". That is a very interesting thought. I've read a lot of NDE stories, and many (if not most) claim they experience a sense of oneness,...a sense that everything is interconnected.

I have a few questions;

#1.) So then,..... do you experience being rocks, plants, animals, objects, etc? Or are we talking about being humans only?

#2.) What about our fantasies, such as dragons, unicorns, wizards, aliens, etc. etc. (I know these are human/history-derived, but I can't name something more fantastic at the moment)? Do they/have they ever existed? Is there some universe in which they do, and have we/are we exploring that universe?

#3.) What feeds our strange dreams? What the heck are dreams in the first place?I've had some strange dreams before, some of which could very well have happened, but I write them off as pure fantasy. If the "I am you, you are me" theory were true, it would explain some of those dreams (so would reincarnation, but it could very well be part of it).

#4.) Someone mentioned "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you",.. and that's interesting as well. We could very well be doing these things to ourselves.

#5.) If more people came to believe in such a theory, do you think more people would become more considerate to one another?

#6.) Do you think that this theory (if true) could give an answer to the question; "where did we acquire the sense/thought of a God, and the infinite?" ? After all, pretty much everything in our world is finite.

I might have more questions later, but this is it for now.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'll try and answer your questions from my perspective.

1. Yes, everything can be included, perhaps rocks are just a lower dimensional version of ourselves.

2. If it can be imagined, then it must exist in some way shape or form, thus it can't be ruled out an eligible reincarnation option.

3. The dreams that make sense are probably controlled by your current self, whereas the dreams that don't may be controlled by another self from a different time, and your current self is just a participant.

4. This makes perfect sense. If we are all one, it would be beneficial to the entire entity to love itself and look after itself.

5. It depends what you mean by believe. If they only consider the notion a possibility, then it may have a marginal effect, but nothing too drastic. However if they truly believed without a doubt, then I can't see why not. It's pretty difficult though, to see people (including myself) believing this is any more than a possibility.

6. Quite possibly.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks mytym.
I had some additional thoughts, but I forgot what they were.
I'll probably post them later.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If this were to be the case, I wonder if it has a predictable sequence to it? For example if you knew which life was next in the queue could you prepare for it or get hints on what pitfalls to look out for?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In regards to past and present, I had a thought recently about speaking from the perspective of the third person, as some people do. They see themselves as an independant character. Rather than the third person, how about modifying this behaviour to refer to oneself from the perspective of the past self or future self?

[edit on 1/6/06 by mytym]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well on earth, the first past life experience I can remember was about 70 million years ago in the late cretaceous period.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This subject has led me to another idea. I wonder how many spirits or souls populate the world, as opposed to physical beings? It surely must be far fewer than physical beings, mustn't it? Perhaps as few as one and different points in the grand life cycle?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Interesting discussion

I believe our past,present and future are all happening now. At what point does the present become the past and at what point does present become future? What is our concept of time? Thats where we have such issues. There is no such thing. Time is infinite...like this very moment. It cannot be measured. There are infinite multi dimensions to each moment. And when people speak of karma....it is this continuous moment...recurring. Think of mathematics...we have infinite numbers...same thing or throwing a stone into a pond...you get a ripple...that ripple affects everything and the surrounding environment adjusts to the vibration of that ripple. So herein lies the 'we are the collective manifesting GOD'. But who originally threw the rock into the water????

This is the power of the collective, if we continue to manifest lets say the anti christ/or end of the world then it will be so. We will manifest collectively enough energy to make it happen. I think the menses group came up with "Karmageddon"... lol but within this reality there is the realities that are external to this level. We refer to this plane as the physical plane. The other planes affect us in our reality from their reality..this is where the alpha and omega comes in. lol I will try to simplify this.

Imagine 9 soccer balls bouncing in a circle, they will not stop bouncing...they will eventually fall into a pattern and adjust when one of the balls changes ever so slightly. It is this continual movement. Now outside that circle, there is another circle surrounding it and that has 9 balls doing the same thing, moving differently of course but in accordance to its energy pattern therein..when one ball in that circle changes, those in that circle and the circle inside the circle also changes/adjusts. Now the spirit can travel through each of these circles without affecting the energy balance/status quo. Now, this is how perhaps people think of time travel...the spirit can travel back to the physical plane and help people. In those peoples' memories the deceased's soul still lives even though it is now spirit. And even on the physical plane the spirit can exist. Even after the spirit reincarnates, the memory of the person still exists. So we have this multi dimension going on and one person has multi dimensions.

The personality you have now is your personality you have had every life. Thats where the lessons come in. Your personality is altered through these lessons. The soul never dies...it changes to the spirit and then back the soul when reincarnating to adjust to the physical plane.

ok I will leave it there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join