It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true ally will contest your decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
How often at work does your boss make a decision and ask you what you think of it? When asked do you agree with him without any thought of the ramifications of the decision? Why? Is it because you want to get promoted, or because you fear being reprimanded? If you are employed to provide advice, then by going along with every decision that is made without resistance, you are not really doing your job. You may think that it's a good way to get ahead, but in the end, being a "Yes" man, does more harm than good. It is only when you question these decisions and seriously consider the ramifications that you will truly show your worth, and the best outcome is given the opportunity to eventuate.

The same can be said for friendship. Only your true friends will give you honest answers, that may be hurtful, but in the long run will give you the greatest benefit. Any one can agree, but motivation behind it, is not always lined with honorable intentions.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What'cha trying to say there mytym that SkepticOverlord & Springer are yes men?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I assume your talking about the US invasion of Iraq and US "Allies" Germany, France etc. response to it. In that case I agree honest criticism or debate on a issue is important from a ally.

Im glad you added that part about motives behind such actions because its important. When information on things like the Oil for Food scandal and pre-war dealings with Saddam Hussein came to light it called into question just how noble some "allies" motives were on the issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wasn't actually addressing anything specifically. It seems to apply across the board. I was actually at work yesterday thinking I'm not really contributing very much by agreeing with every decision my boss makes. This is where the idea came from.

top topics

join