It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass realisation of paranormal abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What do you think would happen if everyone suddenly became aware of the fact that they possessed so called paranormal abilities? Not only this, but what about if everyone was able to use them to their full potential at will and without restriction? What would the world be like? I think it would create mass chaos. It would be like a weird dream that you had little control of. You could never be sure of anything. You might be driving along the road and suddenly a whale appears in front of you! On the other hand perhaps if we all realised this potential we would all be so enlightened that we would have no use for THIS physical world anymore?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Enter the realm of Tzeentch.

In 40k fanology, Tzeentch is the master of magic, of change, and of creation. His followers who worship him (for he is a god) gain access to mighty magicks and powers that they use to twist fates, and hurl death at their enemies. Of all the Chaos gods, Tzeentch is the most fickle, for his powers are the most chaotic and unreliable. A spell of mutation may increase a soldier's powers to unfathomable levels, or might kill him, turning him into a perverted, mewling wreck.

There are also daemon-worlds within the realm of Chaos - entire planets soley given over to the powers of Chaos. One inhabited by followers of Tzeentch are almost impossible to navigate and imagine. Liquid rocks float in the air over a solid, moving, sea, whilst shadows cast lights that cast shadows.

However, the strong followers of Tzeentch can warp the worlds to their needs through strength of will and power. Tzeentch himself is but the cumulative total of the desire of all beings to change themselves and their surroundings, and so one of significant influence and will can bend the nature of Tzeentch to his bidding.

And so it is that the minor followers are lost, damned, and confused in a world that makes no sense, even if they have vast powers on it - whilst the powerful, the wise, and the strong can rule, shifting the landscapes with their very thoughts.

----------------

In a world where all of humanity knew of and how to use psychic powers, we would create a daemon-world, or perhaps even a sub-conscious God, through our own cumulative sub-conscious desires and instincts. The world would be changed as everyone would vie for their own spheres of control and influence. Eventually, the world itself would collapse into absolute chaos of mankind's untamed thoughts. Only the strong willed, those who could command and control, would have any real power.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Tzeentch is an actual religion? How many followers does it have and where? Or is it simply a character in D&D or something? Either way, the images of him you get from Google look pretty badass

As for the issue at hand, I don't think it will happen that rapidly. If people have the desire to be psychic, there are already means at their disposal to learn how to do it. Most people don't have strong enough natural powers and require extreme training to harness them. So we don't have to worry about people waking up one day and all being X-Men, even if the scientific community came out and said such things were possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
What do you think would happen if everyone suddenly became aware of the fact that they possessed so called paranormal abilities?

Well everyone is awakening around the world. it has even been announced on Montel that the vail is becoming more thin, and people are starting to see a lot more spirits, ghosts, etc....this will go on, and soon millions of people all over the world will realize the truth that they have always had psychic abilities.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I suppose I'm really referring to the skeptics out there. What would happen if they suddenly realised they had these abilities, whilst still remaining as skeptical of the spiritual world as they are now?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I saw it on Montel

Worst. Proof. Ever.

If you're referring to Sylvia Brown, there are numerous threads in this forum on how she's a fake.

And I'd just like to re-emphasise that if there are real psychic powers, they are already awakened. People just choose not to develop or train them. If these powers are real, then they are natural and there is nothing "Para"-normal about them. I stand by my point that at no time are we ever going to wake up, and suddenly realize that we mutated into X-men overnight.

What would happen if they suddenly realised they had these abilities, whilst still remaining as skeptical of the spiritual world as they are now?

You can't be skeptical of something that is proven true. Sure, there was disbelief about the duckbilled platypus at first, but eventually you can bring enough hard evidence to the table to PROVE BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that it does in fact exist. When you can do the same for psychic powers, I will believe you. The owness is on the psychics, not the skeptics.

By the way, I do believe in psychic abilities. I'm just more logical about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Perhaps skeptical was the wrong word. How about being able to use these abilities with no further enlightenment to accompany them?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
.... there are paranormal powers, just not as stupid as some believe. I agree with Yarcofin, i think more logically about it... and i have had quite a few paranormal experiences involving my special "psychic powers".
BTW, tzeentch sounds like the stupidest thing i have EVER heard of
, morphing worlds?.... hehe, whatever.... i know what it is like and that is NOT what paranormal abilities are like... pfft!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Not only this, but what about if everyone was able to use them to their full potential at will and without restriction?

I was refering to this part, the without restriction. So, say you have telekinesis. You can move things with your mind.

Well, without restriction, you could move the entire earth if you wanted. You could lift houses out of their foundations. You could crush cars by moving parts of their frames towards a center point.

Without restriction you could move the atoms themselves - changing wood into water, clouds into blocks of ice. You could distort glass and plastic and metal - turning them into liquids before resolidifying them again. You could even create Black Holes by forcing gravitational collapse.

WITHOUT RESTRICTION psychic powers possessed by everyone at free will would cause utter chaos, and one's will could dominate others.

Tzeentch isn't a real religion by the way - it is a make-believe religion created for the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k fictional universes. I make reference to Tzeentch because I've found that some of the concepts that these backstories provide are excellently juxtaposed against our own reality.

A world ruled over by the magic of Tzeentch and his followers wouldn't morph of its own free will (well... technically it might if the planet was a daemon in and of itself... and such a planet does exist in Warhammer 40k - though it belongs to a different god... Nurgle, god of Decay) - it would be warped and twisted by the will of those on it.

And so that's what I'm saying - without restrictions, without limits, and at free will, a mass usage of powers would create utter chaos on earth.

Now, duckieboy, you're thinking along the lines of concentration, preperation, and extremely limited psychic powers. Well, if everyone had that, then it would be the world today. I believe everyone can possess the psychic powers that you talk about, it's just that one of a few can things happen:

1. The strength of these powers are extremely weak. Thus, there's no point to them.

2. Since the powers are so weak, many people will confuse outside phenomena as being their psychic will, and not something else (such as a breeze, or things happen and then somebody tries willing that to happen, and only tricks themselves). This causes the "science" of paranormal research and abilities to actually be massively hampered, since people aren't doing proper research. It's more like painting lead with gold paint and claiming that I've made gold from lead - I would have only fooled myself.

3. Combine these two above things together for things like clairvoyance and visions, and people will confuse dreams for visions - only paying attention to the ones they get right, and not the ones they get wrong. Thus, even if some people can accurately perform this task, no one would consider the "science" reliable enough to use for anything of importance.

Note, I'm not saying psychic powers don't exist, or that you don't have psychic powers - just that given what you're stating, you're describing the world as it is now, and not what the original poster asked by phrasing it "Without Restrictions".

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

On the other hand perhaps if we all realised this potential we would all be so enlightened that we would have no use for THIS physical world anymore?

SITH physical world anyone?

Enters the ZWO

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

SITH physical world anyone?

Enters the ZWO

I have no idea what you just said.
........Anyway. These boards don't really have much relevance. "What if everyone had unlimited crazy powers". "What if suddenly everyone could see ghosts". "What if aliens started trying to destroy the world."

Most of these statements will always only remain "What if"-s. Sure, it is fun to think about and create hypothetical worlds. But when you start trying to convince yourself that it's seriously going to happen, that's where the problem lies. Sometimes they seem more innocent and meaningful like "What if the world ended", but they are all the same thing.

If you seriously believe in psychic powers, go and do some serious research. Don't wait for the future to come to you. If you want to be psychic, then get working on it. Then even if what you suggest does happen, you will just be one step ahead of everyone else. You may even find that, try as you might, you simply cannot produce any psychic results. Then you'll look back on this whole board and feel pretty silly.

"What if" does nothing for humanity. Only "Let's make this work". Don't be a passive member of your world waiting for things to come to you. If you believe in something, get active about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Isn't that defeating the whole purpose of this thread? After all, it is a hypothetical question designed to generate thought and discussion.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yea,

It's always been about hypothesis ... .
But how come countries like Russia
and USA had and have serious interests in psychic
knowledge? Maybe because these
hypothesis are real and the only way for us
to hear about them is throught an underground
channel.

I's about suggestion and suggested.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What do you think would happen if everyone suddenly became aware of the fact that they possessed so called paranormal abilities? Not only this, but what about if everyone was able to use them to their full potential at will and without restriction? What would the world be like? I think it would create mass chaos. It would be like a weird dream that you had little control of. You could never be sure of anything. You might be driving along the road and suddenly a whale appears in front of you! On the other hand perhaps if we all realised this potential we would all be so enlightened that we would have no use for THIS physical world anymore?

Mytym, I have spent a lot of time pondering the questions you just presented, off and on over the last few years.

I think it all depends on how paranormal abilities are used in the beginning, (to forecast if down the road, they will be used for good or evil) Let's compare Psi to Nuclear Energy. Will the Paranormal powers be used to help people like in the case of a Nuclear Energy, to warm homes and to provide power and for research?, i.e., will the power of Psi/Pk be used to help people with healing, with remote viewing to find health problems, and to get into the minds of the mentally ill to see what is going on inside, to RV for mines in war ravaged countries, so children, innocents and the unsuspecting will not get hurt, Will Psi be used to find the missing, to telepathically communicate, to peer into the great unknown to discover more ideas to benefit mankind?

Or, will the Paranormal be used for destructive purposes, as in the case of Nuclear weapons? Is Paranormal Power in fact being studied by the government to be used in warlike purposes right now?

I believe the good of what Psi could be used for may outweigh the negative uses. But I am an optimist.

However, I don't believe the whole society at present is evolving towards this day where everyone will have Paranormal powers. Some people may be evolving, while others are perhaps devolving. My theory is evolutionary change is dependent upon factors of stress, which if the stresses are large enough and imposed upon an individual frequently, and also upon the descendents of the individual, that over time that will cause changes to occur at the molecular level in the DNA of people to induce evolutionary changes.

If you look back upon the evolution of humans, humans (and animals too) evolved the most when they were in the most danger. People needed to develop bigger brains to outwit their predators and develop ways to stay warm, they needed to learn to stand upright to be able to outrun the lions and tigers. I look at people in general, living in Western civilizations today, and how easy many of them have it, (compared to their Neanderthal ancestors), and I wonder without the stresses of the past, if many people have now been overindulged with all the wonders of a hi tech society, and are too 'soft' to evolve and develop more defensive and intuitive abilities. So, you will find people evolving at different rates I believe. You will have people who are the descendents of people with paranormal gifts, and the more they use their gifts..then the more their future descendents will also evolve and grow stronger, if their growth also is not stymied. You will have people in countries like Africa and the Middle East under great stresses gaining Paranormal abilities...but if there are religious or social restrictions which do not allow the people to practice these abilities in the end they may not be realized. You will have people in free countries with Paranormal books to read and time to practice, and they may also do well...but I am not sure if studying and practicing, will be enough to cause evolutionary changes at the DNA level in their descendents.

With great discipline monks have practiced and developed Psi skills, and ways to change the biological nature of their minds and bodies, without necessarily inheriting these skills genetically, so Psi/Pk can be developed to different degrees through discipline and study alone. (However, I don't know if there are recruiting policies for Monks, and if only paranormally inclined people are choosen as initiates? Or, are Monks allowed to have children? And, if not, are children initiated into their monastry, close genetic relatives of exisiting Monks? If so, they could pass Psi genetically along that way.)

And, there is another type of human being, who has self-evolved, and I believe has possibly changed their own DNA at a molecular/cellular levels, and has developed different Paranormal/Psi/Psk (X men type) skills within their own life span, (without having to learn these paranormal abilities, or to have these paranormal abilities genetically passed from predecessors), and I will talk more about this type of person later.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

[edit on 4-3-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
these paranormal powers are just among us, it is in fact just what we are, how we operate, subconsciously and consciously.

When eyes will be opened, it will all be revealed.

it are just the powers that be. live them

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
*sorry typo..I meant passed from ancestors...how long do we have here to edit anyway?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Luckily, I think that mass awakening is not all that likely to happen any time soon, due to the notion that, in my opinion, each will discover these abilities in their own time when ready. What a scary proposition it would be though. Predictability would become extinct.

top topics

join