It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do the Middle East get their flags?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I am genuinely puzzled by it. Where the hell do they get their flags? Do they have a big warehouse filled with flags of every Western country, y'know? Just in case they anger Muslim countries by doing something silly?
Do the media hand them out, just to get that wonderful picture and to strike the fear of death in us?

I ain't fear't of a bunch of idiots. More worried that the media would put fuel in the fire.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It's an interesting point to raise. If it is media controlled then this should be swiftly dealt with. However, the flags could just as easily be given out by terrorists. One picture of a person burning a flag goes a long way in creating a stereotype of a certain type of people.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Which reminds of a quote I heard recently from a TV comedian.

"See, Infidel, see our contempt for you - I'm burning your flag"

"That's not my flag. You bought it. It's your flag that's burning, you idiot!"

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I dont know but they seemed to have a rather weak supply of Dutch ones before this whole cartoon thing. I remember the first few days of protest and they were buring poorly drawn Dutch flags and stomping on painted Dutch flags on the pavement
It was pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I read an article a few weeks ago about a Palestinian shopkeeper who runs a flag store. Typically he made flags but when he saw news about the cartoons, he bought a whole bunch of Danish flags.

But the best response to seeing someone burn a flag is... nothing. I know many people get very angry when they see a U.S. flag mistreated, but it doesn't particularly bother me. Because I think the burning of a flag is free expression and I support the right of everyone to hold whatever opinion they choose.

I have never burned a flag, but I promise: the day the U.S. government outlaws the right to burn an American flag is the day I will do just that.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I have never burned a flag, but I promise: the day the U.S. government outlaws the right to burn an American flag is the day I will do just that.

Did that not happen last year?

NN

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
No. An amendment for it passed the House last year but has not been voted in the Senate. Or ratified in states, obviously. It is currently still protected speech.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
An amendment for it passed the House last year

Ah, got ya, thanks for the clarification

amendment senate house barn voted ratified rectified etc etc ......... all too much for the politically feable, lol

Thanks again.

NN

top topics

join