It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Vladimir Bukovksy Warns of EU Dictatorship.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The EU governments will have their power reduced slowly over time. It's already starting. It amazes me that the majority of Europeans I meet will deny it's even possible...

I've long compared the evolution of America's federal government to the EU. I see it more as a matter of when, rather than if at this point. They've already established a single currency, a combined defense force, and open borders. They already aim for a common language.

Ok I think this guy is just paraniod, if the EU was going to turn into a massive country then that might require it first to disolve all the other governments INSIDE the EU...

He's paranoid, but how many people around these forums claim America is on the way to a dictatorship because of Bush?

Very little time on these forums is spent discussing the faults of Europe, in spite of the fact that there are numerous Europeans around...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I've long compared the evolution of America's federal government to the EU. I see it more as a matter of when, rather than if at this point. They've already established a single currency, a combined defense force, and open borders. They already aim for a common language.

That single currency isnt adopted by all the members, that combined defence force is little more than a small version of nato and open borders doesnt mean the checkpoints are not there.

He's paranoid, but how many people around these forums claim America is on the way to a dictatorship because of Bush?

Not my problem, not my concern.

Very little time on these forums is spent discussing the faults of Europe, in spite of the fact that there are numerous Europeans around...

I would agree and disagree, most of it seems to be focused on anti west, anti capatilist and anthing that is "bad" , but heh thats just my opinion.
You want us to discuss faults of europe just ask.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That single currency isnt adopted by all the members, that combined defence force is little more than a small version of nato and open borders doesnt mean the checkpoints are not there.

Does anyone know how weak the American government was for decades? It wasn't really until the Civil War era that the Federal government really had more power then the states.

The currency will be accepted by all, and the military force WILL grow. Both are almost given at this point. You honestly don't think so? The borders will only continue to open up more as the economies and cultures become more closely tied.

The EU won't become a single state overnight. It'll be a gradual process. If there were to be some huge event, like another world war, it could very well speed up the process.

I just can't see anyway it won't happen right now.

I would agree and disagree, most of it seems to be focused on anti west, anti capatilist and anthing that is "bad" , but heh thats just my opinion.
You want us to discuss faults of europe just ask.

I've asked plenty. When they come up, topics are ignored or people simply can't stop bringing America into the equation.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It would be almost ludicrous for the EU military force not to grow, from a fiscal perspective.

The logical first steps will be to integrate R and D budgets to eliminate redundancies and to begin moving to standard hardware, as opposed to having LeClerc, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, all being made separately.

Next, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the military budgets put on quotas, and if that happens you then run into a centralized military planning issue, because, just for example, you don't certain nations building expensive aircraft as a means of shying away from responsibility for putting boots on the ground if the EU ever has to defend itself.

Once you run into central military planning, you start seeing insufficiencies of individual militaries and a "we all fight or none of us do" policy.

Power Consolidation 101: Never "grab" power. Pick it up and use it for something important, then quietly forget to put it back down. They'll emphasize problems, push sollutions, sustain them indefinately, and in the course of a few decades there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that the EU is at that point a confederation, not a treaty organization between sovereign nations.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The currency will be accepted by all, and the military force WILL grow

Don't be so sure. The only way the Euro would be accepted here in the UK is:

1. If it meets our criteria for us to join, subject to 5 economic tests
  2. And is voted in by the British people by a referendum, so if it does come to the UK, it would be by consent of the people.

And this "military force" you seem to think exists, what do you think it is exactly? I am interested to see what you think is happening here.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
Does anyone know how weak the American government was for decades? It wasn't really until the Civil War era that the Federal government really had more power then the states.

We are not talking about the US or the civil war era.

The currency will be accepted by all, and the military force WILL grow. Both are almost given at this point. You honestly don't think so? The borders will only continue to open up more as the economies and cultures become more closely tied.

The currency wont be adopted, hell the public here is against it and about military force. Do you honuestly believe that countries like france or sweeden will change and just start mass producing wepaons?

The EU won't become a single state overnight. It'll be a gradual process. If there were to be some huge event, like another world war, it could very well speed up the process.

I doubt it.

I've asked plenty. When they come up, topics are ignored or people simply can't stop bringing America into the equation.

You have? Whenever I have brought it up it always seems to kill a conversation for all sides. Why? Because all of our countries have blood on thier hands, just go back far enough in history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join