It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Lives, & Everything Around Us = a SIMULATION!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That's right my friends... we are in THE MATRIX.

I saw something on the Discovery Channel, which I'm sure many others have seen as well. It was a show about how we may be under control of Aliens. Not far fetched at all, and I've heard these things for a long time. But then they said something that made me really think: What if this is an "alien computer simulation"?

That car you just bought? Code. That woman you married... you know, the one you can't stand anymore? Fake. Your Grandparents death? Planned, and coded randomly a long ass time ago.

We are in the matrix. Now who wants to jump off a building with me?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think people took the matrix a little too seriously. Maybe I am an agent trying to convince you other wise Mr. anderson.

Nah I know i am real. You know how far fetched that is? why would an alien species have an interest in such a primative race of flesh bags. i will admit some things are unexplainable but this should be taken lightly and with much skeptism.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well..taking that everything around you is fake, what makes you think that ATS isnt fake either, or even better ...if we are all fake we will just sit here and be fake ... and yeah... you did take the Matrix a liiiitle too serious .

Chill !

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've seen this arguement circulating around for quite some time, and htere has been a recent flare-up of interest over the least few weeks. Hmm.

Here

Here

Here

And this is a good site.

The search button is up near the middle of the new look toolbar, which quite surprised me when I logged on. It does look better than the old one, but is a lot more 'retro,' doesn't everyone think?

After reading the Simulation Argument website, I realized how possible it is that we could be living fake lives; our so called concious-minds actually being depleted uranium mega-computer chips. Scary.

But there is just about no way to prove this, so live life to the full!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Lots of people get uncomfortable at this suggestion. "I'm real, I tell you. REAAlllll!"

Whatever. I kinda like the idea of being a video game for aliens.

Now, if only I could find the cheat sheet...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I admit some time down the road we may be able t download and upload our brain into computers.

Machines will never rule us we know and take the dangers of A.I. seriously. besides we will end up with terminators and androids and even then we will control the off switch. The internet is the closest thing to the matrix we have.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I honestly think we're just some spoiled kids pets living in a fishbowl, doing their dirty work for them. Think about it like this, there is a species watching us right now, wanting to see the effects of something on their species- take AIDS for example, so they make it viable for us to create this, they view us as nothing more than a science project to see what would possibly happen, without the risk of decimating their species. Kind of like a working breathing vivesection lab, but the test animals are us. Every now and again, they need a sample to see exactly what has happened, so then that explains abductions. On a live test subject.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is actually a very pertinent topic. Read David Icke's book "Infinite Love is The Only Truth - Everything else is Illusion". Yes, everything we see and feel as 'real' are just electrical impulses from our brain interpreting various 'computer programs'. The 'God program' is the one responsible for religious thought, and for putting us under the Reptilian thumb. We are our own universe, into infinity, even the stars and planets we see in the skies are nothing but a gigantic holographic planetarium. Our society is shaped by our collective consciousness. All a very interesting theory. Icke himself speaks of a 'matrix' and pulls out scientific examples of real-life things going on to support his views.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
David Icke says a lot of things. I'm not sure about the man himself, but why would be be going on about the reptilian takeover if we are all controlled by computers? Dunno. I will logout slightly confused.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
David Icke says a lot of things. I'm not sure about the man himself, but why would be be going on about the reptilian takeover if we are all controlled by computers? Dunno. I will logout slightly confused.

No, the computer is just a metaphor. The basic premise of this is we are all interconnected and our actions at any time can disturb the entire matrix. This is why perhaps ET have been concerned about our development of atomic weapons - everything has a flow-on effect, we all effect eachother's consciousness. Think of all the propaganda, what the media is feeding us, hatred for Islam versus hatred towards the West. We are feeding eachother's consciousness with spite and distrust and leading us down a path to eventual destruction if we carry on like this. I'm not so sold on the Reptilian side of things but I do think the Matrix theory carries a lot of weight and offers rational explanation as to the way the world ticks today. We all control eachother.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
This is actually a very pertinent topic. Read David Icke's book "Infinite Love is The Only Truth - Everything else is Illusion". Yes, everything we see and feel as 'real' are just electrical impulses from our brain interpreting various 'computer programs'. The 'God program' is the one responsible for religious thought, and for putting us under the Reptilian thumb. We are our own universe, into infinity, even the stars and planets we see in the skies are nothing but a gigantic holographic planetarium. Our society is shaped by our collective consciousness. All a very interesting theory. Icke himself speaks of a 'matrix' and pulls out scientific examples of real-life things going on to support his views.

I have several Icke books in my queue, this being one. Is Infinite Love the answer, RiotComing? Is love Icke's answer for breaking out? And if so, how do the billions coordinate our escape?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Had the movie, The Matrix, never been ......... what would you now be saying?

I swear this movie sure did grab the perpetual thought processes of too many people.

It's a MOVIE !!

NN

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have to say that if we were in a computer program made by Aliens, why would they let a movie be published that basically told us what was going on? I highly doubt that would be "in the code". LoL But I really don't believe we are in a computer program at all, wouldn't there be glitches? O yea those are the UFO's, bigfoot, and ghosts right? LoL

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It's a MOVIE !!

Just because a Matrix-like world is not probable, doesn't mean it's not possible.

I fully understand that The Matrix films are Hollywood movies. My understanding doesn't mean I shouldn't be open to an interesting discussion, especially if pertinent info and links are thrown into the mix. Many people believe that we are what we think we are. To me, that means that even the most ridiculous sci-fi movies may be inspired by some level of "truth." Someone imagined it, and made it real. Even if it's only real on celluloid.

Atheists are allowed to laugh at or ignore movies about Christ.

UFO-debunkers are allowed to sneer at movies about UFO abductions.

Those who don't believe in life after death have the right to ridicule or ignore movies about ghosts.

Most people believe "V: The Miniseries" and the series was just a cool 80s show. Others--some found right here on ATS--will tell you that Reptilian beings exist.

Just because the majority believes these movies unreal and unbelievable doesn't mean viewing these films should be less real for believers.

I have to say that if we were in a computer program made by Aliens, why would they let a movie be published that basically told us what was going on?

Why NOT? Very few people believe it anyway. Even highly religious and spiritual people are very skeptical. Film makers could shoot the truth at us all day, and few of us would believe it--especially if it didn't fit our idea of reality.

Personally, if you asked me what was more believable--a romantic comedy, or an alien science fiction film--I'd pick the aliens hands down.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
its kinda funny to stumble across this topic. a friend of mine and i were doing electrical work at a chemical plant, and we were looking around at the steam vents, all over the plant. we noticed that one in particular didn't look all white and puffy, but rather a lot like a heavily pixelated movie shot...we kept refering to it as "the glitch in the matrix", as it looked that way at any time throughout the day, from any angle....

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Walter
Just because a Matrix-like world is not probable, doesn't mean it's not possible.

I can see your logic in all that.

NN

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And if that 'matrix' provides us a perfectly experienced reality to live in...what's the point of worrying about it?

Any discussion of this almost borders on paradox to me. The 'reality' I know, is a false program run by the 'matrix'....Oh man, this makes my head hurt. Its kind of like pondering this sentence: This sentence is not true.

Well if its not....then it must be....but then we're back to...ad infinitum

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Look at my thread "is life a virtual reality game", as I adressed the same subject. It's not like the matrix, though. It's a little less dramatic. And by the way, if you jump off a building in the matrix you die, so even if I knew it wasn't real, I would'nt Jump off a building

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ask Mister Icky about it. Our minds are controlled by Aliens, who made a deal with the Illuminati, who were channeled through Mother Teresa, and fronted by Hello Kitty! and revealed by Gerry Anderson in Fireball XL-5.

Still and all, it's not a horrible Matrix, is it? The sun shines once in a while. I get a good meal occasionally. Could be worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Still and all, it's not a horrible Matrix, is it? The sun shines once in a while. I get a good meal occasionally. Could be worse.

I don't think so. If this is the way our life is, being controlled by other beings, its called slavery. No matter which angle you look at it, if it's not real, it's not satisfying. Ignorance is bliss, but knowing the truth can be ultimate satisfaction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join