It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Spawn movie... for less than $10 million.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Todd McFarlane plans to finance, write, produce and direct Spawn 2 himself for less than $10 million.

weblogs.variety.com...

McFarlane repeated plans for the "Torso" movie, the new "Spawn" animation, and the live-action "Spawn" film he plans to finance, write, produce and direct himself by the end of the year for less than $10 million. The film was inspired by "Crash," which McFarlane says made a huge impact on him and shows you can make a successful film for less than $10 million. To work, the film and the animation will be darker and more urban than previous versions, with Spawn as the sole fantasy element in the picture.

I don't know what to say, 10 mil is nothing in movie land. McFarlane has a twisted mind so hopefully he can make this work.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
pls dear god and or the mighty spawn dont let this suck more than the original movie. IS that even possible?

/prays

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't think it is possible

I liked the soundtrack though.

I looked it up and the first movie took about $40 million to make. But only 10 million for the new one?? The first episode of LOST cost 12 million

Well, it is all his own money so I guess that has to say something.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think they will be able to do it.

I think I read somewhere that this movie isn't going to be directly about Spawn. Its about Sam and Twitch who are investigating the murders in Rat City (aka Spawn Alley) and how they come to realise that the whole Heaven/Hell thing isn't just mumbo jumbo.

It also said that Spawn will probably only really show up as a flicker of red out of the corner of your eye, or a silhouette of darkness within shadows.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm not a comic reader, maybe thats why I didn't think Spawn sucked, I really liked the gross disturbed clown and even liked the Spawn character, more than anything I wanted them to pick up were they left off a bit sooner, This doesn't even sound like it's a direct sequal but I really want to see it anyway...

For all you hardcore Spawn fans, why did the film suck for you???

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have 30 or so Spawn books that I collected when I was a teenager. Still I wouldn't call myself a hardcore Spawn fan. The movie just looked like junk to me. The special effects were really bad and made the show hard to watch.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For me the film sucked because it was *based* (a very loose word for the film's plot) on the early issues... yet watching I recognised absolutely nothing from the comics. Where was all of the mysticism? All of the spiritual battling? WHERE WAS ANGELA!!!!

The TV series on the other hand was amazing. While not being entirely true to the comics in every sense, they were of such quality they were able to stand on their own.

The film was changed from a man who was caught between the war of Heaven and Hell, and turned into a *very bad* angsty action movie.

Don't get me wrong, generally the performances from the actors were amazing. The portrayer of Al Simmons was so good he was reused in the series and every Spawn game. The Clown was generally gross and creepy enough to be lovable... I think!
But the main villain in the film, Jason Wynn, was reduced to just another megalomaniacal villain who is eventually just shipped off to jail. In the early comics Jason was a sly, calm, ruthless, powerful man... and I didn't get a sense of that in the movie (plus the way Spawn finally punished him in the comics was WAAAAY cooler than just sending him to prison)

top topics

join