It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students walk out in protest of teacher suspension

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
had you checked I already had edited my previous posts which included corrections with the exact statements from the transcripts.

Then how did I get your unedited quote in my post?

I'm done discussing this with you, man... Truth obviously is not a priority for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by shots
had you checked I already had edited my previous posts which included corrections with the exact statements from the transcripts.

Then how did I get your unedited quote in my post?

The answer is obvious. I was editing it while you were posting yours. Happens all the time.

As for getting to the truth, that is exactly what I am trying to do by pointing out the conflicting statements. Just because you assume Lauer's comments were intended to apply to only this class does not make it so. If he had meant for it to apply to this class he would have said so, which he did not. Sorry but I do not work on assumptions neither do juries, I am willing to wager that in a court of law if the outcome hinged on that one statement, there would be reasonable doubt.

[edit on 3/7/2006 by shots]

[edit on 3/7/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Now, now, let's focus on the issue and not eachother

I just heard on Hannity and Colmes Sean Allen say that they had gone to the principal before releasing the tape. Yet another case of he said/he said, but that information will come out when the school finishes their investigation.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I just listened to Sean Allen speak for himself on Hannity Colmes, and afterwars, I'm not too sure the kid is aware of what he is doing.

When Alan Colmes asked Sean Allen if he ever went to the teacher personally to talk about the issue (he asked him twice, in fact), Allen first gave a reason why he wouldn't talk to the teacher first, claiming he was quite intimidating, which is rather odd, since most other reports say the teacher was a good man. The second time, he completely ignored the question and sort of dodged it. As far as the "intimidating" accusation goes, even if that were true, it shows to me that Sean Allen really disliked the teacher for very personal reasons, perhaps because of the kinds of opinions the teacher had.

Allen's anger over the fact that the teacher truly believes what he says is, to say the least, quite ludicrous. Its rather ridiculous for him or anybody else to expect teachers to not have a single position on what they say. And no, this is not an issue of the subject being brought up in the wrong setting (that's a secondary issue, according to Allen himself), this is an issue of Allen's position. What is so wrong about the teacher having his own opinion and position on the matter? I have a strong feeling if the teacher was as right-wing as they come, the kid would've had no problem with that.

Its pretty clear Allen is angry over what the teacher said and this kid should not be taken seriously by anyone. He has not answered anything straight up and therefore has not proven his case a solid one. Not even Sean Hannity should take him seriously, and that's a complement to Mr. Hannity.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't know if you had seen any of the earlier interviews by this student, but I have, and tonight was his worst, imo. He was very persuasive when he was spontaneous and talked straight from the heart. Tonight he seemed coached, and his answers seemed canned.

He's probably not used to all of the media attention, either, and is getting burned out.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't know if you had seen any of the earlier interviews by this student, but I have, and tonight was his worst, imo. He was very persuasive when he was spontaneous and talked straight from the heart. Tonight he seemed coached, and his answers seemed canned.

He's probably not used to all of the media attention, either, and is getting burned out.

I agree burned out was my take but I could be wrong. Also his mother was at his side which may have played a part.

for those that may have missed the show you can still view tonights show/video here then comment on it

www.foxnews.com...

Then click on "Anti-Bush Teacher Update" unfortunately thier java scripting will not allow a direct link or I would have.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I hope to see him speak at least one more time.

However, just from the fact he was unable (possibly refused to) answer some very simple and non-provocative questions, it shows to me this kid is whacked and does not have a case.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The kid will be going to a private school where the tuition will assure him equal treatment.
My guess is he's had a few threats.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
However, just from the fact he was unable (possibly refused to) answer some very simple and non-provocative questions, it shows to me this kid is whacked and does not have a case.

When I read this, I went back and viewed this video again. I cannot see any evidence of what you say; he answered all questions without hesitation or reservation.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

When I read this, I went back and viewed this video again. I cannot see any evidence of what you say; he answered all questions without hesitation or reservation.

He did seem somewhat nervous to me, but I attributed that to his mother being on the set with him and my guess is there may have been a lawyer behind the scenes that we could not see. Perhaps Bennish possibly may have indicated he might file a civil suit, just guessing here.

The part I liked was where the mother said others had called an thanked him for exposing the teacher.

DG where did you hear he was going to a private school? I had read that he was considering changing schools but have not seen a mention of a private school. Do YOu have a Link for that asscertion?

Thank you.

[edit on 3/8/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Where else but on Hannity last night? Sorry, i cant give you a link.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If the kid is suddenly not answering certain questions it is probably because of legal advice.

I still cannot believe some people still feel the teacher did nothing wrong. It is not your job as a teacher to promote your own agenda, it is to make chidren more in tune with critical thinking and making decsions on their own based in logic, not driven by rhetoric.

If the teacher was talking about the geography of the South, and he stated that "slaves didn't have it that bad", You can bet there would not be a second thought and he would have been fired.

The mere fact that some of you can label this kid as a "Right wing sympathizer" who had his own agenda and is a troublemaker is comical to me, seeing as you feel it is OK for a grown man whose job it is to educate our children be allowed to evoke the same feelings that you feel the student is abusing.puz:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here we go round two and this is far from over. It would appear more people are now coming forward with new accusations
on the Bennish issue.

Anti-Bush teacher in more hot water

Cherry Creek (Colorado) School District administrators are prolonging an investigation into a controversial Overland High School teacher, saying new accusations surfaced Tuesday after the social-studies teacher appeared in interviews on national and local media.

Jay Bennish, accused of making biased remarks against President Bush's foreign policy, appeared on NBC's "Today" show in New York. He also conducted a telephone interview with KHOW 630-AM talk-show host Peter Boyles to defend his statements, which he said were used to promote open debate in his classroom.

District spokeswoman Tustin Amole said a meeting with Bennish was postponed after school administrators received telephone calls from "people we have not talked to before."

Amole would not elaborate on the number of calls or nature of any accusations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just an assumption on my part, but I think perhaps when Bennish said No other parents/students had complained on the Today show, they said what the devil you talking about, I complained so they got on the phone to the school board.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Links to MP3 files from a Denver talk show. Bennish Clams up, He also once again lies in part 2 and in part three he refuses to answer simple direct questions.

BH kindly note your assumption that Mat lauer was referring to just this year is wrong. part 2 at 2:25, Pete rephrases the question so there is no doubt he is asking the same question as Matt only he makes it very clear he is talking about all years and classes.

Bennish Interview part one

Bennish Interview Part 2

Bennish Interview part 3

[edit on 3/8/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
On my way to the golf course yesterday I happened to be listening to Glenn Beck. I love to hear that knee pad wearing Neocon fluffer from time to time. He's going to have the kid and his father on in the next segment. Beck describes the family as Beck INSIDERS. Card carrying Becktrolytes. People who actually pay a monthly service to get at the "really good" bits of hate and swill Mr. Beck spews quite liberally.Agenda ! Agenda!I didn't listen to the next segment. I had a tee time to make.
On the Today show, Matt Lauer states that the kid and his father had SHOPPED? the tape around to upwards of six right wing talk shows. Agenda! Agenda!Sounds like the kid is destined for a young Rep stink tank to me!
The teacher was set up, purely and simply !

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bennish says he has "never had a situation like this take place before". We don't know anything about the circumstances of the previous complaints against him, which he acknowledges, by saying that every teacher has complaints (which I said before).

It's nobody's business what Bennish's personal political or religious beliefs are. They are not relevant. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation of his personal beliefs. I wish he would just say that.

Same as Clinton should have said when asked about his sex life.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Bennish says he has "never had a situation like this take place before". We don't know anything about the circumstances of the previous complaints against him, which he acknowledges, by saying that every teacher has complaints (which I said before).

That is true; however one has to keep in mind Tuesdays interviews have prolonged the investigations. It is obvious he raised more concerns and or questions to get at the truth, you know the concerns you do not want others to know about.

Cherry Creek (Colorado) School District administrators are prolonging an investigation into a controversial Overland High School teacher, saying new accusations surfaced Tuesday after the social-studies teacher appeared in interviews on national and local media.

Source

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's nobody's business what Bennish's personal political or religious beliefs are. They are not relevant. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation of his personal beliefs. I wish he would just say that.

Right, it is nobody's business, so why does he bring up his own personal political views in class?

[edit on 8-3-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Right, it is nobody's business, so why does he bring it up his own personal political views in class?

If he wants to share his views, he's free to, but he is under no obligation to do so for some radio host.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So, he has free choice but his students do not since they HAVE to sit and listen? This doesn't sound to fair to me, and more like a communist classroom where the kids can't speak and have to listen to what ever the teacher states.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join