It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Blue Beetle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Comicbookresources.com has a preview of the new Blue Beetle comic and an interview with writer Keith Giffen.

Beginning with "Blue Beetle," our new hero, Jaime Reyes, is different than many comic book teenagers. "He's not being bullied. He's not the outcast. He's just the archetypical sixteen year old kid," Giffen told CBR News. "His dad owns his own business. His mom works. He's got the little sister that drives him crazy. He's got his circle of friends. He's no more special than any other kid. That said, though, once he has the Scarab, we're going to spend some time thanking God it did choose him because everyone's got little reservoirs of courage, purpose and responsibility and Jaime's run deep."

It was just random chance that lead Jaime finding the Scarab and becoming the new Blue Beetle. "It happened just the way it's spelled out in 'Infinite Crisis,'" Giffen said. "He found it in a vacant lot, but we'll find out there's quite a bit more to it than just finding it. But it's not like the scarab sought him out.

The book looks pretty cool. I just may pick it up

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I had a comic shop for 15 years. And I will miss the "old Blue Beetle" ! Him and Booster Gold hanging out , thinkin' up skeems ( Bruuu haa ahahha ) . I will order the " New (I still have my account with diamond, haven't got rid of my biz name, just sold my store and went into another biz ) Blue Beetle" , and check it out.

Comics sure do go through changes! I started way back in the 60's AND CAN'T SEEM TO GIVE IT UP , Its america!

ruff says

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I’m sure they will bring back the old Blue Beetle one day. No one stays dead in comics right?

BTW RUFFREADY, does Diamond have a minimum order?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
History:

First Appearance: Mystery Men Comics #1 (Fox Features Syndicate 1939)
The Blue Beetle started out as a shadowy, mystery-type hero, like Batman, but soon became a more standard super guy. Using the experimental Vitamin 2X, supplied by a druggist named Dr. Franz, he acquired the usual array of super strength, invulnerability, etc. Later, Franz was dropped, and The Beetle simply had super powers without any explanation given. He was also a blatent rip-off on the successful Green Hornet.

First Appearance: Blue Beetle V.2 #1 (Charlton Comics, 1964)
Powers/Abilities: Blue Beetle's powers include flight, telescopic vision, the ability to fire lightning from his fingertips, and super-strength.

Ted Kord, an electronics genius and millionaire industrialist along the lines of Marvel Comics' Iron Man — a guy able to design all kinds of nifty techno-gadgets that a superhero would find handy, who also has enough money to build them. In his case, the main gadget is a beetle-shaped airship, in which he regularly sallies forth in his never-ending battle against evil.

Blue Beetle served as the inspiration for Nite Owl in Alan Moore's Watchmen.

I notice now he looks even more Iron Man inspired.

Have a listen to the FREE ONLINE RADIO SHOWS of the Blue Beetle.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Umbrax
asked , " does diamond have a min order" ?

yes, Umbrax
Just around $450.00 retail a MONTH. which will give you a 35 % discount on your comic addiction.

plus you get "all" the free stuff!! posters, dealer copies and more than I can mention here!

Thats why I still keep my account, I can get all my comics (you can order one of each! of your favorites, you don'thave to order multiple copies!)

GREAT POST ABOVE!!

if anyone has any questions just ask me ( as I've been in the biz for years)

Ruff

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just a note.

$450.00 retail (you spend 35% less than $450.00) so your cost will be $292.50 a month.

the more you buy , the bigger the discount.

I started at a flea market, and moved on to a store.

ruff

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The new Blue Beetle book has sold out and DC will be issuing a second printing to hit stores May 3rd.

Comicbookresources.com

BLUE BEETLE #1, the premiere issue of the new series written by Keith Giffen & John Rogers and illustrated by Cully Hamner, has sold out at DC Comics and is going back to press for a new printing!

BLUE BEETLE #1 Second Printing (FEB068133) will feature a preliminary, black and white version of the original cover by Hamner, and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 3.

To ensure delivery on May 3 retailers must place orders by Sunday, April 23; please note that quantities will be limited and may sell out before April 23.

top topics

join