It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Senate Approves Renewal of Patriot Act

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't think that Tom Delay is guilty of his charges. I don't know whether he will be reelected or not. It is not surprising that he would win his primary, that's his base and I don't have the demographics of his district. I would think that his being reelected would indicate that Texans think he is innocent, but then again, Massachusetts keeps reelecting Ted Kennedy. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Grady, Massachusetts keeps re-electing Ted Kennedy because he well deserves it.

He is for the people and has his fingers everywhere that will help the people of Massachusetts. So do the other Kennedy members. For example: Joe for oil. Joe Kennedy (whom i've met) is dedicated to giving the needy oil so they wont freeze to death in the winters and Ted is also active in this. Seeing that it used to cost $300 to heat a small home and now its around $500/month, i and others have a lot to be greatful to these people for.
When the day is done, these good Americans realize its all about helping the people. Thank God for them.
Isnt that novel?? They actually care about the people!!!! Remember those days???

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm slightly surprised that no one responded to my post on page 2 of this thread. Everyone is so busy with their own existence these days, ignoring their neighbors, thinking about what we will buy with the next paycheck but at the same time worrying about how we will pay this bill/that bill.

American society has gotten so wrapped up with materialism and fear/distrust of others in the last 2 or 3 decades. honestly i am a little surprised that any variation of the patriot act has not been tried before.

Getting back to our country that we want will not take a rise to arms, that would eventually fail in the long run.
There is no NWO, it is only a concept and state of mind.
Big buisness will still be here after any type of internal conflict in the US, and we will still have politicians that put their own personal agenda ahead of everything else.

The only way we can get back to a pre 1970's America is by changing our way of thinking and what we feel in our hearts.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Enjoy peace in the world.
Go outside and talk with friends/family and ignore the wickedness we see or hear about every day.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
patriot its more like go back to 1789 when the country still had the right mindset and same crave to hold their freedoms. this patriot act is just the way to keep up with modern technology. COINTELPRO lasted from 1950's-1971 officially. this was some crazy stuff. id like to go back to when we still knew what our freedoms were and any sort of attack on it would retaliate with maxium force. of course all people equal, and not just whites like some guy said. we keep up with stuff to make all human beings equal, deny ignorance.

a time where we know our freedoms and werent lazy to defend them at all costs. thats the time we need to go back to. other then the technological advances and such, screw 1900's and beyond we really went down hill alot quicker.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Till nobler men keep once again

Thy whiter jubilee

I don't know if I am the guy you are referencing and this quote is the "just for whites" bit you referenced, but to me, 'whiter' in this context means 'more honorable', and nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join