It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22s in Hawaii?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Its never going to happen. No intelligent military advisor would place a valuable PL1 Resource on an island. Hickum AFB is best utilized as a transient AMC base. If there were only 100 + F-22's in the Air Force inventory, it would be a waste of assets to station sophisticated weaponry so far from nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
declair, didn't know you were a top military advisor for the Air Force.

No, but in all seriousness, like you have your opinion that it will never happen, I have my opinion that it will happen. Why should our west coast be devoid of our top military assets?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
QDR will force it to happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If there were only 100 + F-22's in the Air Force inventory, it would be a waste of assets to station sophisticated weaponry so far from nothing.

So far from nothing? Perhaps you have not heard of a little thing called the Pacific outer rim. One of the most strategic places for the US military. Tell me, what is so near Virginia that mandates we have Raptors there but not near China?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I hate to tell you this Declair, but it's a done deal. The only thing that MIGHT stop it is the EIS, and I don't see that being any kind of a problem as there are already F-15s out here. If THEY can pass an EIS, then a Raptor certainly can. HickAm is already a hugely important base thank you. Believe it or not Hawaii is more important that just beaches.
We're headquarters for PACAF, CINCPAC, USARPAC and several others. Why shouldn't we have assets to go with the commands?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join