It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO night time clip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I DL'd this one and I searched here for a thread with it in couldn't find one. I'm sure a lot of you have will have seen this already and I'd like anyone to point me to what has been said about it before.

I just wanted to put my 2p in........ I think it is a model plane flown at night. The characteristic is very similar to a model "hydrofoam boat plane"

Click here to watch ufo-night

There are some vids of these things flying. Ok I don't know if this is the one I wanted to show you but it will have to do. I can't view it but most if not all of you should be able to.
media.putfile.com...

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Wig]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great video !! man that thing is fast !! where was it filmed ?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The object has movements characteristic of many discs but since the file is so short in duration it makes it difficult to be confident about what I am seeing.

Good to check out and that thing was moving whatever it was.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I flew RC planes for a little while, and that movement was very much like a small RC plane. Although I would like to see a comparison with a known model at night. If it was far away, it appeared to be flying at a tremendous speed.

Wig

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sorry I have no information on it other than the asociated name I think bill hicks or bill H was associated with the file.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'll dig for this clip, but its a short cut from a very interesting video where the craft circles around a plane in flight and then shoots off. Theres no way its a model plane, but you will see that when i find the link to the video.

sorry about the delay heres the longer clip for you, and you can see where it zooms past a craft of some type!

My bad the links faulty, heres another one of the same footage .
flyingsaucers.tripod.com...

[edit on 2-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

[edit on 2-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That is a great video.
It seems to be going too fast in my opinion to be an rc plane or anything of the sort.
The plane would also have to be emitting alot of light in order for the night vision to pick it up as a ball of light as it seems.
Although it takes a different perspective when It turns, it seems to be a flat shape of some sort, possibly a disk.

There are alot of night vision video's I have seen that are the same style, they might even have had that same HAMILTON stamp at the bottom.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Whatever it is , it sure does move fast. The one thing that sticks out to me is the fact that it actually disappears before the camera.
Too bad that you don't kn the location of the event. Probably would help out a lot!!

Nice find!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It was taken in Nevada to the best of my knowledge... will have another dig for any info on it...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The clip is interesting. The object is moving pretty fast. I dont know much about rc planes but i wouldnt think that the object in the video is one. There are some weird things with it though. Like it starts off focused on that bright star or something that looks like one, you dont start off seeing the ufo. But that could just be that the person that filmed it wasnt aiming the camera perfect. Anyways, thanx for putting it up, its really cool. Put up any more good ones you find.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow, this is a real old one...I mean real old.

I *think* it was explained as a small glancing meteor. If you notice you'll see a reverse tail for a few seconds. It's bouncing off the atmosphere rather then going thru it. Been a long time, I'll see if I can look it up in the file cabinet.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
the way the camera follows the object raises suspicion for me.

Wig

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There are things for and things against for me.

For:
The camera starts off pointed at the airplane then the ufo comes into shot and the cam follows it.

Against:
It looks like a model plane, and if you consider the flash interval on the airplanes lights, it seems to me to be too fast, suggesting the film has been speeded up

Another possible plane appears just before the end of the longer clip. I certainly never heard of a meteor doing manouvers like this, could you please back that suggestion up with some web information on how meteors can do this?

[edit on 3/3/2006 by Wig]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
As an amature astronomer I can assure you that in 18 years of watching, I have never seen a meteorite change directions. Explode ? yes, be so bright they out shine the moon? yes. Change directions? no way.

The object in the film is within the atmosphere and manouevering not 'glancing off ' as you put it.
It may be a model, it may be a piloted UFO, but its not a meterorite of any sort.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Again, just because one individual has not seen a cosmic event doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

People are discussing it here, as near as I can tell:
www.bautforum.com...

Again, this may not be the explaination, but it's been a hell of a long time since I saw it and it's ultimate conclusion. I looked thru some tapes last night, but I havent come across it. If I do, I'll see what I can find.

Wig

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just to say, if it was indeed filmed in Nevada desert area. It doesn't have to be a model controlled by the camera man or his buddy. It could be a model or full size unmanned craft flown by the military.

I just watched another Area 51 film with lights turning and diving all over the place above a mountain peak - looked like the film was filmed from a small town (you can see the streetlights and some neon signs etc) and it occurred to me that they had the same characteristics with the ufo in the clip I posted in OP. They also have charcteristics of unmanned remotely flown craft just like an RC model.

I'll load up this Area 51 clip I have if anyone wants me to. (it has an onscreen date January 1990 6:24 pm

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

The object does look somewhat like a UFO, and it is moving very fast. However, media tweakers can do that to the film...so it could be a hoax...also there is a blinking light on the object, which looks much like a plane.....I am guessing that, that is what it is.

There are some vids of these things flying. Ok I don't know if this is the one I wanted to show you but it will have to do. I can't view it but most if not all of you should be able to.
media.putfile.com...

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Wig]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Having seen the longer version, I am forced to back away from the RC model idea. The object appears to cover a significant portion of sky and seems to disappear into the distance. Its a shame we can't tell how far away it is. It would take a good bit of work, but it should be possible to match up the apparent stars in the background with known starmaps and judge the distance traveled in a specific time period, providing a speed. If its in the upper atmosphere, its cookin' right along. Is this image captured with thermal radiation, or ambient light, likea star scope? Reason I ask is, isn't that 'aircraft' incredibly bright in relation to the strobe?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
couple of things...

It does make a radical turn, and it does react like a small RC plane...

it also is a short clip... which if it was an RC plane, then it would need to be short (they have very limited range)

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Also note that the object gets brighter as it makes the turn and we see the reverse "tail" for a few seconds. I get the feeling that "tail" is a tell tale of something...or maybe a camera artifact...wish I had a good copy.

I havent seen the one where it sails away into the sky...what I see is cut off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join