It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I ask two things about C131 And the F22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have seen like 3 different types of f-22's when i was in florida, Now is there more then one style? The intake was in different places on these three 22's. (one/under the cockpit, two/both sides of the cockpit, well had a bunch of opening all around). different planes or the same?

With something i have seen more then once when i was in the USAF is a plane ...any plane just sitting there in the sky. it seems to not move when it is up there,
If something is "hovering" woulding the earth (land mass) move under the plane?
Or would the plane just move with the rotation of the ground
I have sat there watching for sometime and still havent a clue to this.
It seems that some move with the gound (a fixed location under the plane) and some just sit with the fixed location moving right be.
How fast is the earth moving to make it look like the plane is sitting?
The sound was faint and a nice low hum was around with all.
It seems that size didnt matter because the ones that didnt the coolist, wierdest things was the C-131. yea a C-131 is a big plane so that is why i ask . The other ones seem to fit what they were testing but the 131 didnt seem to fit in.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That aircraft is the F-22 Raptor

rather unique in its shape.

That is the X-35 (very similar to the F-35 JSF) hovering

[edit on 2/3/06 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The frist picture is like the ones i seen with the different styles.It does have a "unique shape" but some do have one intake with the same body, The one with the hovering isnt really like what i seen..Well the intake that is on it is about , if not the same.. one under the pit. I have seen those planes when i was at (my)the training base in texas, loud, very loud planes. These others didnt come close to being that loud. they are nice planes though.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

what about that one?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
seems to me that is the same plane as the hovering one. The shape was the about the same but it sat next to two other 22s. could have been a test or something. I did watch them do some wierd test on them but the one with the slits in it im not to sure if i seen that one right or what it even was or nonfinished plane.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The hovering aircraft is an AV8B - or Harrier.

It is used by the USMC in the close support role.

It is a British invention , licensed by the USA.

Many people say its a poor aricraft with a bad flight safety record - but it has served faithfully for many MANY years now , and has a darn good combat record for the USMC , and the Britsh Royal Airforce and Royal Navy.

India flies the type as does Spain.

edit:

That aircraft was the Boeing entry to the JSF competition - it was called the X-32. It lost the fly off.

[edit on 2/3/06 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
that last one looks like what i seen, I really didnt think that the two were different but i could and now i see i might wrong. the other one im not to sure what to think. ive seen alot of wierd stuff out there that is for sure.
if those two are different, are they in the same class? tested the same.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CORF

With something i have seen more then once when i was in the USAF is a plane ...any plane just sitting there in the sky. it seems to not move when it is up there,
If something is "hovering" woulding the earth (land mass) move under the plane?
Or would the plane just move with the rotation of the ground
I have sat there watching for sometime and still havent a clue to this.
It seems that some move with the gound (a fixed location under the plane) and some just sit with the fixed location moving right be.
How fast is the earth moving to make it look like the plane is sitting?

the surface and the air move at the same speed. winds are caused by uneven heating of the surface.

earth rotational speed is easy. take the diameter and divide it by how long it takes for a day to pass. so 24,000 miles ( roughly ) divided by 24 hours and you get 1,000 miles per hour (at the equater)

that's why people who launch things into orbit prefer to launch from close to the equator.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I get confused as well, but as I understand it, there is the F-22 Raptor

and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter,

which look an awful lot alike. The F-35 will have a version for the USMC with short take-off and vertical landing (STOVL) capabilities.

Click the pictures for more information.

[edit on 2006/3/2 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join