It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash of bleach boosts cancer vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

PLAIN old household bleach might be the key to fighting some cancers, as the chemical seems to boost the efficacy of cancer vaccines.

Cancers can develop when a patient's immune system is unable to recognise cancerous cells and kill them. Attempts have been made to prime such people's immune systems by giving them vaccines based on dead cancer cells. However, the results have been patchy, and seldom trigger immune responses strong enough to wipe out the cancer.

www.newscientist.com...

I can see it now "stock in Chlorox" shoots thru the roof until some "genius" tries to cure himself with a direct feed to his bloodstream.............

On a serious note this is a great discovery............

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought chlorine is linked to causing cancer?

www.healthynewage.com...
www.internethealthlibrary.com...

original article
Chain thinks that the immune system is geared to recognise cells killed in this way because many of our white blood cells destroy bacteria by producing microscopic quantities of a type of bleach.

Maybe the body only produces microscopic quantities of bleach because any more and the bleach itself would create problems. The researchers must be very careful to find a balance between killing all the cancer cells and damaging other cells/DNA in the process.

Perhaps bleach does 'boost the efficacy or cancer vaccines' but I will stick to my filtered water and will stay out of chlorinated pools for now.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Is this bleach additive worse than radiation treatment? Radiation doesn't just kill cancer cells but kills all cells in a given area (where radiated). So, this bleach vacine may be safer than radiation. I didn't read the articles sorry.

new topics

join