It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Russia Ordered John Pauls Assassination!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
According to a report filed by the Italian Parliamentry, they have proof that the former Soviet Union masterminded the plot to assassinate Pope John Paul.

t oday.reuters.com
"This commission believes, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the leadership of the Soviet Union took the initiative to eliminate Pope John Paul," the report said.

"They relayed this decision to the military secret services for them to take on all necessary operations to commit a crime of unique gravity, without parallel in modern times," it said.

The report also says "some elements" of the Bulgarian secret services were involved but that this was an attempt to divert attention away from the Soviet Union's alleged key role.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I feel that this really ties in with the Russian mind control conspiracy that is discussed here. Since the attempt the person responsible has claimed he acted alone.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by rancid1]

[edit on 2-3-2006 by rancid1]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
URSS ordened the assasination of JP2... and not Russia... even if the Russia's president was in the KGB...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted this earlier in the Religious Conspiracy forum.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Russians set this up as an arm's length operation in retribution for what Paul (from Poland remember..), did for the rise of anti-communist sentiment in the eastern European nations.

In a number of places Pope Paul had written that he expected this attack (it was a premonition) and he knew why it was coming and he accepted it as a fair recompense for what he helped to achieve.

I wish his coward attackers could be so humane. Although the actual Romainian guy that shot him is said to have repented his actions.

Interesting story indeed.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting actually. If anybody's interested in the subject I'd highly recommend reading the Tom Clancy novel "The Red Rabbit". Which is about the KGB attempting to assassinate John Paul II, very entertaining and very interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Get it straight people Rossiya is different than the U.S.S.R, the USSR included Kazahkstan and all that jazz, almost all the pretty screwed up nations in Eastern Europe and Transcaucasia Although I do believe the Soviets would tery to do something like that .

*P.S Rossiya is Russia in Russian*

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Senor_Vicente]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is the first time I hear about this.

Does anyone have any links in which John Paul says he knew it was the USSR who wanted him dead?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Muaddib ... I read on a Catholic site that a few years back
the assassin told John Paul II that he would go public and
tell all about who hired him, etc. John Paul II pauses and
after a few moments of thoughtful look he said not to, that
it wouldn't do the world any good AT THAT TIME to know
and that when it was the right time and when God wanted
the world to find out, it would come out.

The assassin got the impression that PJPII knew exactly
who was behind the plot, but that because of world politics
at the time, he didn't think it was the right time to release
that information.

Sorry ... don't remember what Catholic site I read that at.
It was a long while back.

new topics

top topics

join