It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Interview on Arabic TV, Guest blasts Muslims

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:
Sep

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I tend to disagree with most of what she says. She attempts to squarely blame "Muslims" for everything and simply ignoring the wrongs done to the Muslims, and all the good the Islamic world has done for the world. Whenever an oversimplified view of an issue is presented, it is almost always wrong. I personally lean more towards such writers and thinkers in Iran, as Hojatol Eslam Dr Mohsen Kadivar, Mr Ganji, who was released just this week, Mr Khatami (both the former president and his brother) and the like. These people attempt to solve the issues that are holding Islam back on both philosophical and practical levels, and the solutions they offer stems from sources which Muslims respect and follow. Here for example is one article written by Kadivar and translated into English:

www.kadivar.com...



[edit on 23-3-2006 by Sep]




posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man


Agreed on all accounts.

However, the fact that she is at least an Arab is a good start.


arabs only make up about 13% of the worlds muslims. also alot of what she says only applies to arabs and not really muslims. for example she says "muslim" women dont have the same right as men. thats a lie. only in the middle east is this true. but in asia for example they have had muslim women presidents in pakistan, indonesia, malaysia etc... also women there have the right to vote work etc....

shes just an angry old women who is taking out her frustration and anger against arab culture on the worlds muslims. muslims are a very diverse group of people from europe(chechnyans/russians),africa,middleast and to asia she cant just go around and say things about muslims and expect what she says to apply to everybody in the world. muslims are black,asian,caucasion/white etc... with different cultures and socities in some you can vote in others you cant. women have certain rights in some countries while they dont in others. she had very weak points which in most cases had nothing to do with muslims or islam and more to do with arabs.



posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   


arabs only make up about 13% of the worlds muslims. also alot of what she says only applies to arabs and not really muslims.


Oops, my mistake. I made the same slip I often correct others on. You can be arab and not muslim. They aren't one in the same. There is an Arab Christian and Jewish minorty in the middle east that has been there since before the Muslim invasions that sparked the crusades. We'll just say Islam is more fundamental in the mid east.

BTW, I do have people living near me who don't appear middle eastern and she does wear the veil. Might be Indonesian.

Also the rioting over some cartoons wasn't confined to the middle east either.



posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

Oops, my mistake. I made the same slip I often correct others on. You can be arab and not muslim. They aren't one in the same. There is an Arab Christian and Jewish minorty in the middle east that has been there since before the Muslim invasions that sparked the crusades. We'll just say Islam is more fundamental in the mid east.

BTW, I do have people living near me who don't appear middle eastern and she does wear the veil. Might be Indonesian.

Also the rioting over some cartoons wasn't confined to the middle east either.



asians make up the bulk of the worlds muslim population. so yeah your neigbour might be malaysian,indonesian,indian,kahmiri,thai or pakistani.

roughly about 70% of arabs are muslim the other 30% are made up of different beliefs.

the rioting wasent as big as the media made it out to be at the most there where about what 4,000 poeple world wide who where rioting while the majority of the protests where quite peacefull they recived little to no media attention only the ones with riots.



posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Malaysian, Indonesian or basically any native of the Malay Archipelago look nothing like Arabs. They look more like Hawaiians or Samoans. I should know, I'm a Malay.



new topics

top topics
 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join