It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush was briefed over threat to New Orleans.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
New footage has emerged showing George Bush being briefed by officials about the threat posed by hurricane Katrina. The footage appears to contradict the US presidents claim the threat posed by Katrina was unclear at the time.

www.sky.com...

Yet more food for thought on the Katrina issue. Being over here in the UK, i'm not as well up on all the Katrina info, but i did find it interesting that Bush did'nt ask a single question during the briefing. Any ordinary leader would at least ask a few to sound remotely interested.

To just remark that "We are fully prepared" means very little to me. That could be saying "We are fully prepared to do our best in helping people and the area during and after the disaster, or "We are prepared to help Katrina inflict as much damage as possible and to do a crummy job afterwards so as to achieve a particular goal".

Oh well, it's nice to see the goverment did'nt get a chance to cover this one up before it got out.

CX.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by CX]

CX

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sorry, just seen this has already been posted in news.

CX.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is OK to have a news story and a board discussion.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes, i agree. He knew. The reaction was deplorable on his part, and gives us a sense of unease should something drastic happen again.

We're on our own.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Pathetic.

The president was told that the levies MIGHT break. He was also told they were not breaking. He was also told that FEMA had it handled. He was also told that people knew that there are UFO's at Rosewell.

WHO THE HECK CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The prez doesn't go to hurricane sites. FEMA, The Red Cross, The National Guard, Govenors, local cops fix hurricanes.

Grow up.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Bush is not an expert on Hurricanes. He does not personally oversee all reaction to it, either. That's the job of FEMA. He can't micromanage a national disaster and fulfill his duties as the president of the United States.

new topics

top topics

join