It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how they control you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Right, stereotypically thinking, the "F" students aren't a threat to them because they end up being the bottom feeders, but the "C" students are getting by, getting careers and still retaining creativity and the ability to question authority.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I am still smart I guess, I just can't do boring things. My body automatically will do something more fun. Example: If I have to do work on the computer, I will automatically open up the internet and go on ATS or something else more interesting. ... I am a smart person but my "disease" makes it so I can't do anything work-related. I just can't force my body to do it. I always need help to do work usually.

That is why we have this word called discipline. Everyone no matter what the age always would rather do something fun instead of what they consider boring work. Even clinically depressed people can focus and concentrate on the work at hand even when everything in them is shouting to just shut down and give up.

Either you and/or your doctor have brainwashed you into thinking that your "disease" is the cause of your not wanting to work. Sorry, I don't buy it, and neither would a smart employer. You can force your body to work, and refocus on the job at hand. Many more people with much more serious handicaps than you have had success doing so.

You just need to retrain/disclipine your body to concentrate on the work at hand. You also have to retrain your mind to think and believe that yes I can focus on and do the job at hand. Yes, I can finish my work without going to the ATS board.

If your work is that bad that you feel like you need to constantly do something fun, then man you need to get a new job. Nobody is going to do well at a job they hate, or think is tremendously boring.

Let me guess, your perfect job would be getting paid to moderate the ATS boards. Unfortunatly we all can't have very fun jobs. Then again neither should we have to feel trapped at a very boring, tedious job either. The more fun you think your job is, the easier it will be for you to concentrate.

Reread the portions in bold and italicized text. She is not only telling you that you CAN teach yourself discipline but more importantly she is telling you HOW. When you say "I can't" you reinforce that notion. Self talk is very powerful. You can change your life by what you tell yourself. It is neither fast or easy, but it can be done. I know, because I've overcome my own ADHD and learning diabilities.

Don't dismiss the ideas of other just because you have convince yourself that YOU can't.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The student who graduates with an A in physics finds a job. The student with a C in physics is unemployed and looking elsewhere. Make an F on your math exam and you are dogged for life. Most professors will tell you to switch your major or reassess your situation if you are a C student >2.5 gpa.

Now, as far as highschool went, the student's I came into contact with who made F's simply did not care, continuosly skipped classes, never did their homework, were overly obnoxious in class, had some ridiculous exuses for their lack of effort and ability, and joked when they failed as if 'Who cares?'. The fact is, no one cares.

The world cannot function with all F students.

EDIT: I will say this, a strong work ethic will overcome making F's.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Frosty]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Do you know why F students don't care? Do you? F students don't care because they get Fs so much that they just decide, "If I get Fs every single time, why should I care, why should I worry so much if it just going to happen next time?"

The best way to describe an F student is, everyone is home, but the lights are off. Not the reverse way. Look i have seen A students with such a low low low low i cannot even stress how low an intellect, and it is just fricken sad.

I am really sorry if F students would actually like to live their damn lives. They are forced to go to school! F students actually want to enjoy life for what it is. Also, this is kind of sexist, but girls never do not want to go to school. Well some don't want to go, but some girls actually find it fun. I think that is just really submitting yourself to the government right there. I don't think there should be grades in schools. There needs to be a better way. If the government chooses it, there is a better way.

Violence is the answer. hehe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join