It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yellowstone on the verge of Cataclysm? What would happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have not only had an intuition of Yellowstone erupting, but others have also had this same feeling. Now that I read scientists have found a 25 mile bulge in yellowstone, that has risen since 1995. I am probed a biggerr thought, what exactly would be the ramifications of such an explosion?

I've heard that the skies could be dark fore months, Triiggered Earthquakes, ect... I am wondering if ATS members could paint a picture of the aftermath of the Yellowstone eruption. What could we expect? AAC

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Went through the archives a found a few threads that might add to this..

Super Volcano Will Challenge Civilization, Geologists Warn

EXCLUSIVE: Interview With USGS Yellowstone Scientists

[

[edit on 3/2/2006 by Nathabeanz]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The catastrophic potential of an explosion in the Yellowstone Caldera is unimagineable. Modern geological history offers no equivalent with which to compare. The fairly recent Mt. St. Helen's explosion would be a mere firecracker in comparison. Krakatoa in the 1880s, though larger, would still be dwarfed. The largest caldera-forming explosion of which I'm aware is that of Santorini in the Mediterranean which devastated Crete...and I think that too would be small potatos when stacked up against Yellowstone.
The Earth's mantle is a "work in progress"....periodically destroying life-forms residing thereon.
GOOGLE-searching on the topic makes for fascinating reading. I encourage all to edumicate theyselves.

new topics

join