It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte, NC to get NASCAR Hall of Fame?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I really didn't know where to post this but I just read an article that insiders at NASCAR has confirmed that Charlotte NC would get the highly coveted Hall of Fame.

Here's the article and I hope it's true. Charlotte is way past due for recognition for it's contribution to the sport. Daytona? It's OK. Atlanta? It's OK too, but where are most of the shops that build the cars that are shown on television every week from February to November? That's right. Around the Charlotte area. And helluva shops they are. Super clean and ultra-modern.

Just hope this is true. Anyone else heard anything?

[edit on 1/3/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Never mind. Just heard that NASCAR hadn't made any final decisions yet and that Daytona and Atlanta are still in the running.

Like me, some people are just too anxious.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You weren't too anxious:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Atlanta and Daytona Beach still feel good about their chances to land NASCAR's Hall of Fame, even though a report from Charlotte says that city has already locked up a deal to build the shrine to stock car racing.

"We've heard rumors in the past. Almost three weeks ago we got calls from all over that Atlanta was getting the nod and that proved to be not true. Two weeks later we're hearing Charlotte got the nod. Maybe two weeks from now the rumor will be Daytona," said George Mirabal, the local official in Daytona Beach working to bring the hall of fame to NASCAR's birthplace.

Click here for external source.

Nothing wrong with being hopeful.

I think Charlotte deserves to have the rights to this Hall of Fame.

And yes, the shops are immaculate.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Rouschkateer]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
I think Charlotte deserves to have the rights to this Hall of Fame.

Cool!
Thanks for the link and I'd heard yesterday(04 MAR 06) that NASCAR confirmed that Charlotte would get the Hall of Fame.

Super Speedways(Daytona) are OK in my opinion, but when it comes to a test of nerves and endurance of these drivers, the Coca-Cola 600 is the race of races.

new topics

top topics

join