It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathtaking Aurora Photos!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
These photos are awsome! I wish i could see something like this with my own eyes.
Has anyone on ATS seen Aurora skys like this?

www.hemmy.net...

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Unreal Reality]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
man! I was going to say dont you tihnk this should be posted on the aircraft topic?? ahahah, you definatly tricked me, I was even looking for a blurry black triangle until i realized how dumb I was ahah

I have actually seen quite a few aurora borialis (spelling?) in canada, some spectacular ones even in algonquin park, were city lights dont effect them. Photos almost dont do them justice, because the colours sway and interact very cool. mezmerizing.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by acura_el2000]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sorry bout that. I did not mean to mislead.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I personally haven't seen anything like that myself, but it is truly beautiful.
Thanks for the pic's.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That's amazing. I live in Connecticut and have never seen the Aurora with my own eyes only pictures. But I hope I get to see them once in my life.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Agreed. Auroras are awesome in person. Unlike clouds (most of the time), auroras, as big as they are, can shift in an instant. The colors are very subtle.

And as I was watching them, I could swear I heard them in some strange way. Like a strange hissing noise. I've read about other people claiming to hear them. I don't know if I was just hearing the wind blow, or the blood in my own ears, or what. But it sure seemed like the aurora was making a noise.

top topics

join