It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have any sites on submarine engineering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I see how in the Aircraft Projects forum, there's tons of stuff (thanks to Intelgurl) on aviation and aviation technology in the stickies, and in the Science & Technology forum, there's lots on physics, chemistry, etc...same thing for the Space Exploration forum. There is no Naval forum though, so I was just wondering if anyone has articles or websites on the engineering of submarines? You know, stuff like on propulsion, the depth the sub can go, etc...??

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
alot of what you need to know is in certain parts of the web..but you have to read carefully and read betweent the lines.
Also certain informations concerning what you want to know are classified.
Some can be found in sites where the Yards have web sites. Specific construction techniques and engineering, materials etc is classified.
Sorry....but thats the way it is.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
you may also find some from the general naval architecture type sites.

Try for starters

www.sname.org...
www.rina.org.uk...
www.imerest.org...

I have to agree with orange sub design info is very scarce on the net as most is kept well hidden.

Saying that the RINA warship conference series has a lot of info on submarines (available through RINA or the british/ US??? libraries)

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I C, thanks for the info though. I was thinking it was like with aircraft, where there is a wealth of information available on the internet, but there is a ton of stuff that is classified too. But subs aren't mass-produced, so I guess they are kept more secretive.

new topics

top topics

join