It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bear Lake Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Anyone in Utah up for some boating escursions?Almost sounds like an anaconda...

While onlookers rushed to get a motorboat to save him, Ronald struggled to stay afloat until a long, serpentine head emerged from the water and two reptilian eyes sized him up as a possible snack. "I saw him," Ronald said later. The lad did what any resourceful Utah youth would do: "I hit him with a little stick!"

www.sltrib.com...

Jay

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
William,

I would think if it was an anacanda, that it died out years ago. Not that heavly support anyone other model of what it could be. I would hazard a guess at some type of long neck turtle, and i do belive turtle can live in excess of 100 plus years. But even then this was in the 1800's, so a turtle of that size would already be pretty old. So there would have to be a breeding population, to keep the sightings going. Which inturn might explain the dieing off of the sightings for years.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I saw the title of this thread and thought it was Bear Lake in Idaho. Not the case but I do have a intersting tale about Bear Lake in Idaho.

Several years ago a hatchery trout, that was tagged and released into the lake was later identified on another continent!!! In 2002 the same fish with the same tag was found in a fresh water lake in China. Sorry no link, but have heard the story from several different people..

*edit* Apologies William for this blatant hijacking of your thread.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thats really fascinating. If I can find any info on it I will post it here...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Anyone in Utah up for some boating escursions?Almost sounds like an anaconda...

William, where are you from? I'm from Utah and I've been hearing about this all my life. I don't know what it is or, if it's real but, I think I saw it once. I say think because, I'm not too sure of what it was.
There is also supposed to be a "monster" in Utah Lake but, I highly doubt it because, it isn't deep enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am from New York
So I dont think I will be doing any investigation. I wish there was a lake monster legend close to where I live so I could spend some time investigating it for myself. The closest such thing is in Lake Champlaign, "Champ" being the monsters name, but thats at least a 10 to 15 hour drive from here, not something I can do casually.

new topics

top topics

join