It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Blue Beam - "The Rapture"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When did Jesus's command to love one another get twisted into The Rapture?. That's one of the biggest pretzels I've ever seen! Sure sells a lot of books.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
a far fetched idea......

a fancy lightshow accompanied by holograms could pull off Christ's return in the skies...

but well, what about the people who susposedly "disappear"
seems that would be a little more difficult.

thus, the alien abductions. we've all wondered just what the "deal" was between the aliens and the Governments, what the gov'ts got in return for the alien priviledge of swiping people in the middle of the night for horrible experiments, or whatever it is...

well, the gov't appears to have gotten some neat technology. but what if it's more, and what if the people who have been abducted are permanant payment for that technology, and well, they get the added perk of staging the great "rapture" to boot?

while everyone is staring at the neat lightshow, their brains hypnotized by harrps wonderful music, ummm.....no one sees the vaste fleet of et ships coming in to take what is theirs, now easily found, and transported aboard thanks to years of practice.

That's what I was thinking too.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You know, this theory sounded very familiar, and I think I know why, now. In Douglass Adam's book, So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, Fenchurch's brother is explaining the theories explaining the Vogon attack to Arthur after he gets back to Earth and discovers it hadn't been blown up. One of the theories he presents is that the CIA (because they deny doing it, so we know they did) released an airborne psychotropic drug throughout all the earth at the exact same moment, then projected holograms of these fake ships into the air all across the planet, and broadcast the Vogon message and the sounds of destruction through every radio and PA system throughout the world. Through the powers of suggestion, everyone experienced the same delusion of the world blowing up.

It's kind of sad when conspiracy theorists have to start getting their ideas from not only science fiction, but humorous sci fi where the conspiracy theory was a satire poking fun at conspiracy theorists!
Well, not too sad, I am laughing, after all
IF CONTRAILS ARE REAL THEN THIS IDEA COULD BE ACIEVED.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Contrails are real. If you mean chemtrails, then it would seem a little wasteful to be spraying stuff in the skies for years and not holding their rapture party yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yes, indeed it does... Don't believe me? Ask Tim Lahaye. He has made a fortune on the whole "Left Behind" garbage.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BaastetNoir

JJ pretty much nailed all bases concerning various Christian beliefs concerning the rapture. Better reread revelation cause yours is first I have heard of a 2nd rapture. Why would there need to be a second since the AntiChrist and forces are defeated and Christ sets up 1000 year reign on earth? This is brief chart outlining my own view which is very much mainstream

catholic-resources.org...

As for the "Project Blue Beam" concept..I can definately see how the Antichrist may use technology like this to communicate/control large numbers of followers. As to the rapture part...I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There will be no rapture when the anti-christ comes. Christians will have to go through this ordeal. Many will be slaughtered as Satan will make war with the saints.

There will only be a rapture at the time of the end when there will be a great cosmic calamity happening. Just like in the days of Noah, when they went in the ark, after that, there was a great flood. In the future, Christians will be raptured and enter to heaven, after that a great cosmic calamity will occur which will engulf the whole Earth with heat burning like an oven.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Prior to devastation Noah/family were preserved, Lot/family(other that wife who turned to salt) were preserved. 2nd Thessolonians mentions one taken one left..So their is plenty of support for a pretrib rapture. But I concede you might be right too.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
There will be no rapture when the anti-christ comes. Christians will have to go through this ordeal. Many will be slaughtered as Satan will make war with the saints.

Very true. I have always understood the Tribulation to be the final test of the faithful For those who can presevere, they will be rewarded. For those who can't, well, they will experience whatever is to come. I make no assertion that I know the mind of God, so it is not for me to speculate on what that entails.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join