It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghettopoly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
wtf??

But not everyone is amused by a new game modeled after Monopoly in which the objective is "to become the richest playa through stealing, cheating and fencing stolen properties."

In Ghettopoly, created by a 28-year-old Saint Mary's, Pa., man, miniature crack houses and public housing projects replace the green houses and red hotels found in Monopoly. A silvery pimp, marijuana leaf, crack coc aine pebble and machine gun, among other symbols, substitute for traditional pieces such as the top hat, thimble and shoe.

Full Story:
www.sptimes.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Is that really legal?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm as cool with that as I am with the Mad TV parody of a Cosby episode where Cosby taught his son not to be a doctor with all the hassles, but to be a crack dealer to have a decent chance at a good lifestyle.

Song of the day:

In The Ghetto
Elvis Presley (I prefer Nick Cave's version, and Cave paid enough homage to Presley for me to be able to say that without fear of recrimination).

(words & music by Scott Davis)

As the snow flies
On a cold and gray Chicago mornin'
A poor little baby child is born
In the ghetto
And his mama cries
'cause if there's one thing that she don't need
it's another hungry mouth to feed
In the ghetto
People, don't you understand
the child needs a helping hand
or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day
Take a look at you and me,
are we too blind to see,
do we simply turn our heads
and look the other way
Well the world turns
and a hungry little boy with a runny nose
plays in the street as the cold wind blows
In the ghetto
And his hunger burns
so he starts to roam the streets at night
and he learns how to steal
and he learns how to fight
In the ghetto
Then one night in desperation
a young man breaks away
He buys a gun, steals a car,
tries to run, but he don't get far
And his mama cries
As a crowd gathers 'round an angry young man
face down on the street with a gun in his hand
In the ghetto
As her young man dies,
on a cold and gray Chicago mornin',
another little baby child is born
In the ghetto

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It is legal, alot of stores are taking them off the shelves due to the uproar it has caused.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Games like this don't need to be on the market. The sad thing is, it was probably created by a guy on the streets trying to make money legally. Right Slippy?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Dunno what is so bad about it?

I mean we have all kinds of rappers now bragging about doing this stuff so they have a rep!

I can see how many conservative blacks and middle class and successful blacks would not be willing to associate with this sterotypical view of thier race.

But if people are making money from this and claiming that this is a trending thing to do then what is the person that is making this game doing wrong?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Do you use Forties or crack rocks for money?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Personally I think it's funny and a pretty good idea even if it is really just an adaptation of a different product. I don't see why they can't just market it for mature ages like other similar adult games however.

It's not as though games aren't already being marketed and pushed towards kids dealing with obsene amounts of graphic violence and genocide. Of course most of those are video games since kids of today practically do not understand normal games or actual books or how to use their hands for anything without buttons.

All the chaos created by it is going to end up being more advertising in the end and for the stores who do sell it are going to make bank.

It stands as a perfect example of just how f**ked up society is today and what the average person identifies with. Not to say that the average person lives that lifestyle obviously but the ideas represented are understood and familiar to everyone. That's how abundant and vivid Crack Houses, Low Income RatHouses, Pimps, Drugs and the other colorful undergroud decor and poverty living standards have become to everyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sounds great, I'd play it. I love monopoly I'm the king of it round these parts. A few friends and I have the aim of being able to play it with real money one day, there'd be no let off of your �2 on the browns that day!

Imagine landing on Mayfair with a hotel when its real money. Ouch.

This has got to be the real board game for ATSr's though:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
then whats next...
ghettolife...
ghettocandyland...
this post kinda sucks...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
then whats next...
ghettolife...
ghettocandyland...
this post kinda sucks...

Actually GhettoLife isn't a bad idea. Instead of occupations like Doctor, Lawyer, etc. You'd have Pimp, Ho, Welfare Mother, Gangbanger, etc. You wouldn't have to "Stop:" and get married but instead you "Go before the Judge" and either continue the "game" on the prison side of the board or the normal ghetto side. Instead of the "Pay Day" spots that are all over the board there would be "Food Stamps" or "1st of the Month!!" Also the dreaded "Shake Down" square you would have to try and avoid.

Thinking of ideas for GhettoLife is kinda fun actually! I suppose I have to split the profit with you now though huh bigsage???

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
but lets give the profits 1/5 to charity...
of our choosing of course...

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by bigsage]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
but lets give the profits 1/5 to charity...
of our choosing of course...

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by bigsage]

Hell I'm not greedy for wealth or desire fame. Let's give 90% to the Creation of "Clean up the Ghetto Foundation" (started by Bigsage and mOjOm but as silent partners) and clean up the damn place!!!

Provide some shelter for people and families to sleep without having to listen to gun shots all night or the sirens or the "ghetto bird" passing overhead. A few parks with grass and trees and sand to play in that isn't tagged or blood soaked or covered in glass, needles or those who've provided them. Some schools that kids could attend to without Kevlar Vest's or Riot Gear and actually learn, grow and communicate with each other.

I'm all for it buddy!!! Plus if that 10%(5% each) left over is more than I need to pay rent and buy food, I'll invest that too, since it does them more good than it does me.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
ill give my share a percent to ats for creating this beautiful relationship...
a percent to some religious institution...
and the three illl put in some account for potential life other than my own...

sounds good, all worked out...

email me with the intented company we pitch the idea and we can go from there...

oh yea u2u me for the email(if serious that is)...

and we even have witnesses we came up with the idea...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
OMG!!! I've got to get that game! I've got several variants of Monopoly, and this one sounds hysterical...in bad taste...but still hysterical....

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
there selling it in HMV uk for 20� took one look at it and thought could it be as good as the origanl

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Did you know that the guy who invented Monopoly did it as a protest against capitalism. It was meant as a piss take. Bit of a backfire there...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
More games coming....www.ghettopoly.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wait till Redneckopoly come out! LOL! Who here believes that this is all just tongue-and-cheek humour?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Redneckopoly!

They could base it on Hazzard County (from the Dukes of Hazzard)!!!

Boss Hog's Mansion=Boardwalk
The Hazzard Hotel=Park Place

Uncle Jessie's Farm, and Uncle Jessie's Still would be the two cheap ones, hehe....

The Boar's Nest, Cooter's Garage....just too funny!!!

<<   2 >>

join