It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden will be brought to justice ... then what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
During a surprise trip to Afghanistan, President George Bush said that it wasn't a matter of "if" Bin Laden was captured but "when".
www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Should Bin Laden be captured alive or dead?

There are often two clear viewpoints to every question; In this case, should Osama Bin Laden be captured alive or dead?

If Bin Laden were to be killed outright, would Bin Laden's death create a new persona for this enigmatic individual? Would he become a martyr and, thus, a rallying point about which to lead even more acts of terrorism?

If Bin Laden were to be captured alive, would they put him on trial? Would his capture lead to additional acts of terrorism in an effort to free him. Would Bin Laden become a living rallying point for terrorists to use to justify taking hostages or threatening violence in an effort to free him?

If Bin Laden were to be put on trial, would the trial degenerate into a Saddam Hussein style of trial where it becomes a bigger show than Micheal Jackson's trial or the infamous O.J. trial?

What do you think?
'

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't see Bin Laden ever being caught. It doesn't serve the Neocon agenda at all. You can't sell fear when the boogeyman is in custody. Of course I don't believe for a second that he had anything to do with 911. He's the PNAC and AEI's designated scary Arab!. We'll probably find out sooner or later that he's been dead for sometime.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't kill him, don't assassinate him.
Kidnap him, make him disappear for good (kill him), then turn to the world all innocent and pretend we know absolutely nothing about it....blame it on Russia.
This way we're not the culprit for his downfall and no one can come after us for retribution.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
I don't see Bin Laden ever being caught.

Me either.

It doesn't serve the Neocon agenda at all.

It would be better for Republicans if he was caught.
Otherwise you have Hillary and Biden in the next year
or so screaming that the republicans couldn't get the
job done. And they'd be right. And they could get elected
president on that issue alone. So I disagree with your
'neocon' remark.

You can't sell fear when the boogeyman is in custody.

There are plenty of other terrorists that are capable of striking
fear into the hearts of every civilized person on the planet.
UBL, and these others, are not fictional boogeymen. They
are real and they are deadly.

Of course I don't believe for a second that he
had anything to do with 911.

Oh, that explains it. Even though UBL has said on tape
many times that he did it ... he didn't do it???

He's the PNAC and AEI's designated scary Arab!.

Even Clinton was able to pick him out of the Arab masses
as king bad guy. And he was right.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Its about time to bring him out. He was being kept for the final show, the "SEE, I TOLD YOUSE ALL I'D GIT IM" bit to save more face.

I'll beleive it when i see it and even then i want a DNA test.

top topics

join