It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto area ATS members to have an informal gathering.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Count me in.I live a few hours away and will need to get time off from work probably,but sounds good.Also I f we pick a bar or alcohol serving place.Some members might not be able to get in.While I am twenty four I look younger and dont have I.D.Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Also I f we pick a bar or alcohol serving place.Some members might not be able to get in.While I am twenty four I look younger and dont have I.D.Just a thought.

I agree that it should be a restarant that has no age restriction, but it must serve alcohol, otherwise I'll be in the bar next door.
And a place that I don't have to wear a suit and tie............

A place I won't get kicked out of if I have tin-foil on my head.

We should decide soon so that a reservation can be made, if needed, we are talking about a Saturday evening for this.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's good to see the "attending list" grow. But frankly, I KNOW that there are more ATS members in the region. If you know anyone in the geographic areas of Ontario and Michigan....U2U them an invite. It could just be possible that they "just don't know" about this meet. I will be doing the same.

As for location, right now it's a place called Sneaky Pete's -- at least that was the suggestion. If you know a restaurant/bar establishment in the area, please make the suggestion. We have a month -- barely -- to pull this meet together and I really want this to be a definite GO with as many delusional, paranoid souls (fellow ATS members) as possible. So far, however, it's starting to look like there's going to be a good time ahead of us. But the more the merrier ( besides, let's give Intrepid some competition for the "foil hat" competition).

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
As for location, right now it's a place called Sneaky Pete's -- at least that was the suggestion. If you know a restaurant/bar establishment in the area, please make the suggestion.

Actually, it's called Sneaky Dees.

It's a place that is frequented by the university crowd, so seating is a problem after 8 PM, or so my son, who lives close by says. The music is alternative cutting edge rock...and loud. The food is tasty, inexpensive Tex-mex and lots of it.

We should open to other suggestions, especially from those who live in Toronto...they know best of all where the perfect locations are. But BT is right, we should get the location pegged down soon, as reservations are the smart way to go.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sneaky Dee's has my vote. It seems informal, fun and well situated in a nice and funky Toronto district. I checked out their on-line menu and it is, indeed, inexpensive and offers a variety of dishes with a Mex themer, though it often seems to be in name only, still i'm bringing my Tums.

So, that's my vote...Sneaky Dee's

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's cool with me.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well since I don't know the guy at all, I am probably in a good position to say, you can not go anywhere with that Intrepid charachter. 2 drinks in him and he'll be fighting, tipping tables and trying to swing at the guy up the front. Normally I am all up for that, but church is where I draw the line.

If I were you guys I would watch your back with this guy.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OK, we have decided:

April 1, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Sneaky Dee's at College & Bathurst

What time is good for everyone?
Do we need to make a reservation?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We're thinking of being there before 7 PM...that way there'll be at least one table.

I went through the website, and, other than an email adress for bands to contact them for concerts upstairs, I saw nothing for making reservations.
No phone number...zip...maybe that's how they like it.

If that's the case, early would be best, eh?

There might be a concert going on upstairs after 9 PM, but there's no April calendar up yet...we'll see...maybe it'll be Nine Inch Nails (heh heh)

This is gonna be great...you hosers!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
416-603-3090
431 College Street,
Toronto, Ont.
M5T 1T1

EDIT: I just called Sneaky Dee's, the woman on the phone says that they don't take reservations. She also recomended that if we have a large group, we should arrive before 7:00 pm because it starts to get busy after that, being that April 1st is a Saturday night. She also suggested we stake out some territory near the back of the restaurant around 6:30 if we have more people coming later so that the whole group is together.

[edit on 3/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Well since I don't know the guy at all, I am probably in a good position to say, you can not go anywhere with that Intrepid charachter. 2 drinks in him and he'll be fighting, tipping tables and trying to swing at the guy up the front. Normally I am all up for that, but church is where I draw the line.

If I were you guys I would watch your back with this guy.

:shk:

WHOA, hold on there, your facts are WAY off. It was more like 20 drinks. And it wasn't church, it was a funeral home.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

WHOA, hold on there, your facts are WAY off. It was more like 20 drinks. And it wasn't church, it was a funeral home.

That just made my day.Hahaha

I love it.I think this will be great.Saturday eh?

How about around suppertime,then we can all decide where to go with the rest of the night.Just a suggestion

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That just made my day.Hahaha

I love it.I think this will be great.Saturday eh?

How about around suppertime,then we can all decide where to go with the rest of the night.Just a suggestion

They don't call me the Crazy Canuck for nothing.

I'm pretty open, you guys decide and I'll be there.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'd sure go for an earlier time than 7:00, the earlier the better for me.
Anytime after 4:00 pm, I'm good. What about everyone else???

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Going early can't be a bad thing, as long as you're not sleeping with your head on the table when everyone else comes in.

We'll be there between 6 and 7...no way outa that for me. Whoever is there at 7 gets in on my first round.

How will we all know each other(?)...wearing a tinfoil beanie might not be to some people's taste.

I know...first one there puts an ATS sign on the table.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
How will we all know each other(?)...wearing a tinfoil beanie might not be to some people's taste.

I know...first one there puts an ATS sign on the table.

I'll be the overweight bald bastard making a fool of himself. Oops, the wife will probably be there, disregard.

Seriously, the sign thing is a good idea. 6-7PM seems right to me.

Reservations? Might be in order.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Reservations? Might be in order.

Read up, intrepid one...they don't do reservations. We'll be alright, though...it's not a restaurant the hoi polloi go to on a saturday night.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I like the very simple solution of putting an A.T.S. sign on the table as a way of identification. I was going through mental convolutions trying to come up with a system that involved secret handshakes, code words, wearing trench coats, tropical pattern shirts, one red rose worn in our lapels and, of course, carrying the ubiquitous umbrella. Damn, my wife's' right, she says that I always over complicate things. Go figure......I would have never thought of a sign.

All I can say is "this is going to be fun".

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

secret handshakes, code words, wearing trench coats, tropical pattern shirts, one red rose worn in our lapels and, of course, carrying the ubiquitous umbrella.

good one

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Lets all cash in our points for frequent flyer miles and we'll head to Aruba or somewhere for a week.

You can all sleep next to my dog. It's comfortable...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join