It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Taliban spokesman now at Yale!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know, I know you guys hate Rense as a source but this one had to be addressed. Why not give Baghdad Bob a reoccurring role on King of Queens?....Or Jeff Probst could bring us 'Survivor Mosul'

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Rense or not, this story is true... In fact it was the cover story in this past Sunday's NY Times Magazine.

www.nytimes.com...

To read it you have to sign up, sorry. But that's the only link I found.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Considering that the current Secretary of Defense and the Vice-President are both former Taliban supporters, why do you have a problem with a former Taliban member studying at Yale?

The Taliban were the darlings of the State Department during the Reagan Administration when they were fighting those godless commies. This is the problem with the neoconservative politics of convenience, things can stop being convenient really fast. Saddam was our best buddy when he was fighting the Iranians. Today's administration tries to tell us that the Shah of Iran was Mr. Wonderful when in fact he was every bit as bad as Saddam.

This rule even applies locally. Today, the Christian fanatics are best pals with the Republican Party. Now that the Christians are starting to realize they've been used, it's going to be fun to watch them exact their payback. The Republicans loved drumming up hatred for Islam during 2001-2004. Now that they want to get down to some serious money-making with Dubai, and the uneducated hicks who took all that "Islamofascism" talk seriously are getting in the way of profits. And you should never, ever get in the way of a Republican and his profits.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vuoto
Considering that the current Secretary of Defense and the Vice-President are both former Taliban supporters, why do you have a problem with a former Taliban member studying at Yale?

The Taliban were the darlings of the State Department during the Reagan Administration when they were fighting those godless commies. This is the problem with the neoconservative politics of convenience, things can stop being convenient really fast. Saddam was our best buddy when he was fighting the Iranians. Today's administration tries to tell us that the Shah of Iran was Mr. Wonderful when in fact he was every bit as bad as Saddam.

This rule even applies locally. Today, the Christian fanatics are best pals with the Republican Party. Now that the Christians are starting to realize they've been used, it's going to be fun to watch them exact their payback. The Republicans loved drumming up hatred for Islam during 2001-2004. Now that they want to get down to some serious money-making with Dubai, and the uneducated hicks who took all that "Islamofascism" talk seriously are getting in the way of profits. And you should never, ever get in the way of a Republican and his profits.

Sorry but the "taliban" wasn't in existence until the Russians left. Your "bushiehatepanties" are showing.....again. revisionist public school history..............again

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oh great, another lefty/righty thread. Damn I was hoping for another one.

Can you guys leave that crap at the door please. Let the topic contiue without it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
just move evidence that there really is no war.....or at least not one that our government really takes seriously.

opppps......forgot, the bits and bites now have ears!!!! this could be interpreted as giving aid and comfort to the enemy!! We had to give up our freedom of speech for protection from those nasty terrorists, didn't we???

okay, here it is, if studying at yale aint aid and comfort, what the heck is it??

can we bomb ourselves now, please??

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not to fuel the "lefty/righty" thread, but the Taliban were around during the Soviet occupation.

www.infoplease.com...

So lemme get this straight...Taliban=Terrorist, Terrorist=Enemy. We are now educating the enemy within our own borders? Isnt it possible that maybe there are some harsh feelings since we invaded their country, killed a whole lot of their people, and instated a new governing body? I dont think I would want this guy within our borders, much less at a university. Am I missing something here?!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If that guy wants an education then he should enroll in the university of Baghdad then.

Boot him out.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
If that guy wants an education then he should enroll in the university of Baghdad then.

Boot him out.

He wasnt enrolling he is lecturing there dumbass. Not much point in trying to argue with the yanks tho, they have been brainwashed into hating and fearing muslims, what i cant understand is why the American public seems so easy to brainwash, are they a less intelligent sub species of humanity?

I wonder who most Afghans would of rather lived under? A strict taliban who kept control of the country and drug trade, or the US too incompetent control its own boarders, let alone another country.

Edit: You want to watch the mudslinging mate?

[edit on 2-3-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Not to fuel the "lefty/righty" thread, but the Taliban were around during the Soviet occupation.

www.infoplease.com...

Your link don't work.

www.fas.org...

But it shows that they existed in 1994. Not during the Soveit Occupation. After the Soviets withdraw that many members of the Mujahadeen decided to create their own ideological groups that serves them.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
ummm...he's taking classes there, one of them, believe it or not.....

"Terrorism: Past, Present and Future."

another link, for you fox fans...

www.foxnews.com...

the newsweek story was up yesterday...I read some of it, but now it isn't....

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Link works ok for me delta

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
maybe the biggest problem we have with our government is that every 4 to 8 years it swings from left to right. first you like them and then you don't.

i think we need a little stability between our two party system. stop fighting amongst ourselves and then go and kick terrorost butt.

if you can't tell one from the other send them all home.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is a good example of the story/source paradox. It is indeed true and has been widely reported.

You just have to love the irony of this line:

"In some ways," Mr. Rahmatullah told the New York Times. "I'm the luckiest person in the world. I could have ended up in Guantanamo Bay. Instead I ended up at Yale."

Only in America!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"In some ways," Mr. Rahmatullah told the New York Times. "I'm the luckiest person in the world. I could have ended up in Guantanamo Bay. Instead I ended up at Yale."

That could just as easily be a Bush/Kerry line.

new topics

top topics

join