It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Thumb Drive From Microsoft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Really, ok, you take a small quiz on what is legal and not with microsoft operating systems.

They have the answers right on the page, if you can't find them you should not have a computer-seriouly.

Anyway, in 6-8 weeks they will send you a thumbdrive with M$ press releases on the need to buy Microsoft licences.

We all know no one would then take the thumbdrive with fancy M$ logo and erase their info and use it as a free thumbdrive.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Is their an online link to what you are talking about?

Or is this a joke in the wrong section.

Not really sure what your talking about here.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
oops, sorry, a link would help at that.

www.microsoft.com...

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::shk::shk::shk:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Mine is on its way, thanks for the free drive link!

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nice. I wonder what the capacity is. 1.44 MB? That would be funny, wouldn't it?

Mine's on the way, so I'll find out in six to eight weeks.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, monsoon! My drive's on its way as well... this makes it cool cuz I'm such the Microsoft fanboy

Thanks again! (and for everyone else, the quiz is dead simple... the answers are all in your face... and in this day... who DOESN'T want something free!)

SO DO IT!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just can't wait to see how this 'free lunch' ends up not being free for me!

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Microsoft might go out of bussnies messing around with us. 45000 drives please.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Let's see, I have 4 email addresses, and at least 2 addresses I can ship to. I'm going to stockpile free flash drives.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but the site took my personal information from my computer, so I'm guessing that it's one drive per computer.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Mine's on it's way too, thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What quiz?

There is nothing but an advertisment and some links to everything but a quiz.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
What quiz?

There is nothing but an advertisment and some links to everything but a quiz.

If you look in the middle of the page, you will see a green rectangle going down the page-it has a pic of the thumbdrive in it, click on it.

It will take you to a page to log into a microsoft passport login-yeah, you got to have a hotmail account to do this.from the log in you go to the info page then the quiz.

SC, I thought about what you said as I created the post. Could 10-20 thousand ATS'ers hitting them at once take down their server-hehe.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Doh! filled it all in and then didnt know the answers lol anyone? pretty plzzzz :bnghd:

edit: let me have a guess actualy is it... 1, false, false, false

[edit on 7/3/06 by Clarky]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
Doh! filled it all in and then didnt know the answers lol anyone? pretty plzzzz :bnghd:

edit: let me have a guess actualy is it... 1, false, false, false

[edit on 7/3/06 by Clarky]

the answers are on the page itself, but think like M$ and u will do fine

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I got a reply today, kind of a bummer but I thought I'd share....

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation

*Internet connect time charges may apply. Offer available through June 30, 2006.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

That's all, they're out of em,,,,

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
BeerMan,

I got the same email "notification".

Funny thing is ... just the other day I was driving/thinking,

"You know it's been a while since that MS USB survey deal ... that should be here by now according to their, what, 6-8 week processing/shipping "process"?
Shortly thereafter followed with a thought as to How convenient it would be to make this "offer" ultimately looking to expose/discover the instances and extent of "piracy" regarding their products. ?! Not that I particapte in such, but the whole shebang just "felt" too convenient.

Ye ole' bait and switch come to mind....
hmm...

mrmonsoon started the thread.

Question for OP:
MR. did you get yours?! AND ... if so, did you wipe it prior to use?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Mrmonsoon, i didnt see the size of the drive posted...is it 256mb or bigger. right now, from my main vendor, 1gig flash drives are bout 45 bux. 256meg are like 11. buy them in large enuff bulk like MS can...then bam dang near free with screenprinting job on plastic.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I agree, I wonder how many people actually got one?

I assumed that someone would post here if they did, kinda surprised me that I was the first one,,,lol

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am sorry to say i recieved an email, sorry out, blah, blah, blah.

I am sorry to all whgo signed up but got nothing, but if it makes u feel any better, it happened to me too.

So it is true, NO free rides with M$

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bash::bash::bash:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join