It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blair whitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
the blair whitch project is suposedly based on a true story but i am a misbeliever can some 1 out there give any fact that she/it exists

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I posted a similar thread to this not too long back & I found out that it was fake, the legend is true but the film wasnt real, it was actors. Amazing actors for ones not seen before. One of the crew was on a tv show & admitted it all but I give them credit for makin such an awsome movie
I wish I never found out myself but I guess one day I would

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When you saw the film credits at the end of the movie did you still think it was real?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What did they say? I dont remember, I was still shocked at the amazin ending

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by firmbeliever
the legend is true but the film wasnt real, it was actors.

I think you'll find that the legend was made up as well, none of it's true.

check out snopes

www.snopes.com...

The legend of the Blair Witch was invented by the film's writer/directors, Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sánchez. Myrick and Sánchez hired three young actors (Heather Donahue, Michael Williams, and Joshua Leonard), explained the outline of the film's story to them, gave them advice about the characters they were to play, then turned them loose in the woods with film equipment to shoot movie footage.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The movieand legend of the blair witch is fake. But The Legend is loosely based on the bell witch. Check it out online and youll find the bell witch.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yup the bell witch does sound alot like the blair witch after reading this page. the bell witch sounds more freaky to me!
link->
www.prairieghosts.com/b-cave.html

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are you freaking serious!!!! You thought that movie was real and you also thought it was good!!!! hahahahahaha
This is why they make those kind of movie, because there is always a sucker than believes in something stupid like that.. What a joke, I love it, thanks for making me laugh.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The reason their reactions seem so good is because they were believing it.

Ok so the story i heard is that they told these people to go out into the woods, told them the legend but said it was a documentary. The film crew then did all that rubbish, they made sounds in the night, put up those weird stick things and basically did everything to completely damage these people mentally, and so get the real reactions.

Oh and the idea for that film wasn't original, the film Cannibal Holocaust was made before this film and has the same idea of a film being lost and then found.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuffofnightmares
yup the bell witch does sound alot like the blair witch after reading this page. the bell witch sounds more freaky to me!
link->
www.prairieghosts.com/b-cave.html

Just wanted to make this link clickable. Link

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
Are you freaking serious!!!! You thought that movie was real and you also thought it was good!!!! hahahahahaha
This is why they make those kind of movie, because there is always a sucker than believes in something stupid like that.. What a joke, I love it, thanks for making me laugh.

You obnoxious pillock!

What a horrible, thick person you are!

For anyone who does not know what I am talking about, please view this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, Jenka, I will be adding a link to this current thread on the interplanatary seagull thread.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by triplesod]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Nice one triplesod.

I thought Jengas comments were rude and unnecessary, but after you pointed out his above faux pas.... it sort makes it all a humbling experience.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by firmbeliever
I posted a similar thread to this not too long back & I found out that it was fake, the legend is true but the film wasnt real, it was actors. Amazing actors for ones not seen before. One of the crew was on a tv show & admitted it all but I give them credit for makin such an awsome movie
I wish I never found out myself but I guess one day I would

Sorry to say this but OMG that movie was so crappy... i dont know why everyone was so scared of it.. it was just a forest.. Maybe its me having been growing up near a forest.. but i just found that movie silly.. and i saw it in a movie theater.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Sorry to say this but OMG that movie was so crappy... i dont know why everyone was so scared of it.. it was just a forest.. Maybe its me having been growing up near a forest.. but i just found that movie silly.. and i saw it in a movie theater.

I also thought the film wasn't up to much but I will say it did have some creepy moments (not a lot though). Sitting in a movie theatre it's not all that scary but if you were in their situation (in the forest for real) I'm pretty sure you'd be freaked out. It's surprising how infectious fear is.

JRod.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That was a pretty sweet movie i must say. I knew it was fake though...but it was still a great movie...the one guy wouldn't stop saying the F word...it was hilarious.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Actually they were not actors at all, they were basically told to go into the woods and film this documentry, they used their own names as well.

The production crew came up to them to the tents to scare them so their reactions would like like they were genuinly scared.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a great low budget movie, it was sorta creepy and I enjoyed it because it was realistic, more realistic than those reality programs on TV like Fear Factor, Big Brother, Idols, etc. (which are actors which act on a script IMO).

I do believe they acted upon some sort of basic script, but the dialoges were improvised and thought of on the spot.

I'll add this to the bad movies thread.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Whos gonna go see An American Haunting tonight? thats based on the bell witch i think? Also the only american ghost/haunting that ever killed someone.

top topics

join