It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans Rolling Stone Songs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I came across this article today.

I think it is quite obvious that China has taken censorship power a little too far. This is not the first time, yet it still surprises me.

The Chinese Ministry of Culture told the band in 2003 it could not perform four songs -- "Let's Spend the Night Together," "Brown Sugar," "Honky Tonk Women" and "Beast of Burden."

today.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If the Stones valued freedom they would boycott playing China. But it looks like they ARE playing China, so, well....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
If the Stones valued freedom they would boycott playing China. But it looks like they ARE playing China, so, well....

Yes, that is a good point. The Stones should boycott the gig to make a point.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ROFL

Ed Sullivan was the censoring lyricist earlier, changing "Let's spend the night together," and making the Stones sing "Let's spend some time together." So all of this is nothing new, except of course they don't have that option. Imagine, everyone in the audience knew how the song went, but to appear on Ed Sullivan they had to change it, and it was the only time they did. The Doors sung "Girl we couldn't get much higher," anyway and were banned from Ed Sullivan thereafter.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Oh My God.........................somebody's making a stand AGAINST the Rolling Stones
?

Excellent!

Whilst their music is and always will be brilliant (I am still a fan) the sight of geriatric, craggly faced old age pensioners trying to romp across a stage - no doubt using high tech voice systems to make them sound good, makes my blood run cold.

new topics

top topics

join