It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Strongest Armies in the World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

India and Russia work together on anything, why the hell would they fighter each other? India and Pakistan are very ready in terms of war, they fight over everything and they are definitely ready to strike at any given time. Pakistan is backed by the US and India backed by Russia.

Although India is regarded as a Hindu country, there are almost as many Muslims in India as there are in Pakistan. The two are fighting primarily over Kashmir. Situated on the border between the 2 countries, it’s value is mainly an accident of geography. About 35,000 square miles, it gets several times the expected rainfall for the region because it is locate between two mountain chains. Like Formosa, no one ever asks what the Kashmir people want. When they are asked, they vote 90% for independence from both India and Pakistan.

The UK and France are very well disciplined but are not exactly the strongest, they go in the top 10 but not top 5. China in no way has an advanced army. It cut its army down to 1.6 mill or so personnel but it still uses very outdated equipment, BUT China fights economically so not many people would actually wanna fight this monster. Israel is very well equipped and trained so it is definitely a very powerful army.

Well, Israel may be strong but it can’t whip Hezbollah nor does it seem to be able to whip Hamas. So I don’t know what Israel could whip.

The ranking should be as follows:

1. USA (duh....)
2. Russia (but US and Russia are pretty tied up...)
3. China
4. India
5. Israel
6. Pakistan
7. UK
8. France

I really can't judge after this..

Well, the Numero Uno US can’t whip the rag-tag Afghans. Nor can it whip the Iraqi. We can BUY off the Iraqi but that ges us nowhere. When the money runs out, we lose. Mexican gangsters are crossing our borders at will. At THEIR will. It looks to me that in areas the matter, ALL THE NATIONS ARMIES PUT TOGETHER COULD NOT HOLD DOWN A DIRTY JOB ON TV.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I doubt Russia and China would ever ally against the U.S. Hitler and Stalin signed a pact of non-aggression, I'm sure Russia remembers how well that turned out. America has oceans on both sides of it, those two live right next door to each other, whoever was the weakest when the smoke cleared might find out any agreements they made are subject to change.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

Indian aircraft are of India, Russian, French and British manufacturers. The avionics are Israeli.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Isn't it a bit ridiculous to question who is best since it depends on the situation in which the fight occurs? Or am I bringing sensible thought into a measuring contest?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

chinese have quality but not quantity. that is quite visible in the way their navy functions and even their air force both of which are powered by old soviet era machines.
India is a hidden giant which when awakened can cause great havoc. they have a mix of german french american and mostly russian machinery and weaponry making them very adaptable. currently the indian armed forces are on a big mordenisation spree making them at par with russia.
russia,once a supwerpower is now decaying and dead. however they have some good weapons and the russian navy is not to be underestimated.
the US still are perched high above everyone else.
iran and north korea,well no one know what goes down there.
israel are bloody powerful. they took on all a bunch of arab countries and destroyed them all in the 6 day war. they would give competition to any of the above mentioned.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CTPAX

hey the above list of the nations is all right...don't know their exact number of weapons and missiles but countries like Iran and Pakistan are far from coming into THE TOP TEN ARMIES ever.....ok i won't say much about alliances but China and India if ally..i don't think anyone's gonna ever trouble them.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't consider the US army to be the strongest in the world. The risk of political unrest at home and a lack of willingness's for more wars really cripples the US's ability to fight.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

You have to consider the technological advantage though. We haven't seen it really unleashed on somebody because the US fights "nice"...

shiv24, nice thread resurrection

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Exactly..technological superiority does currently and will (forever?) dictate the outcome of most conflicts.

The US doesnt spend more money on air superiority than it does on social welfare for no reason.

If we negate the Nuke arguement (as mutual assured destruction has no winners) we get the below :

If you controll the skies you control the ground.
If you controll the seas you control the skies etc etc.

The US controls both the seas and the skies; unless there is another financial boom (to the tune of the US computer/ internet boom); no other country can hold a flame to it for at least 20 years based on US air superiority.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
I don't consider the US army to be the strongest in the world. The risk of political unrest at home and a lack of willingness's for more wars really cripples the US's ability to fight.

And what do you base your thesis on? There is no unwillingness to fight. There is however, as in every free country, a high sensitivity for senseless, unnecessary or ethically and legally ambiguous wars. And it is good that way.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i read a lot of the comments saying china has like 200 millions troops.... well, i think that's like bull, i read something saying that china has a 2.25 million strong army ( largest active army in the world... troops that is, if you included the whole entire army that would be something like 4.5-5 million soldiers ). And to clarify right the top 3 military rankings are:
1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
China is above Russia because they have the largest army and more resources. Also because Russia is like having a worthless economy or something like that, and China is more high tech them. And personally i think that if USA continues in the Afghan war, they won't be on the top for long

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
o sorry... i meant to say the best army in terms of man-power, equipment and training. And if you want an explanation then it's this: USA there is no need for one
China large army, bought lots of equipment from USA and Russia. And as for training they all got like kung fu skills because it's mandatory for them to do it.
Russia has pretty modern equipment like China, not a lot of differences but yea and training simple hand to hand combat and man power is pretty moderate.
So my opinion is that out of all these countries USA would win a war.
China could get a country to surrender by storming there country with a large amount of troops ( just as long as it doesn't take to much time )
Russia they could basically go beserk and go HAHAHAHA YOU BOMB WE BOMB YOU DEAD HAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You cannot trust any one country to provide accurate statistics on their own military data. As you can imagine, a country can exaggerate their numbers for bragging rights, threats and for defensive purposes. Plus you must account other factors, such as for Russia, what weapons and planes and ships do not work or are old and out dated. Also, the USA has thousands of planes and boats in graveyards because they are no longer used, but if needed, they could easily be brought back to service. So much of the data could false or inaccurate.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by belial259

You have to consider the technological advantage though. We haven't seen it really unleashed on somebody because the US fights "nice"...

shiv24, nice thread resurrection

I agree completely. The USA fights "nicely" and plays by the rules so it doesn't piss people off. I honestly don't think insurgents in Afghanistan give a rats ass about the Geneva Convention. If the USA could do what it wanted, how it wanted to, without press coverage and citizens bitching about it, then the USA would be a lot more powerful and could show it's real military potential.

la2

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Russia, China and India had huge joint exercises in 2008 i think, the relationship between these countries is very misunderstood, they are close allies.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i've read all the posts and here's what i have to say:

Russia is capable of fighting a good war coz of their training, and if you didn't notice, suddenly over the past decade they've been making a #load of new planes and tanks and etc.

the U.S. tech *maybe* getting old but it's still pretty efficient. they're just upgrading w/e they have with modern stuff coz they're trying to save money i guess and not trying to pump out new tech every year even though they might have lots of secret prototypes.

china is uncertain. it isn't an open country and might even exaggerate figures so that other countries don't under estimate them.

Many of you aren't thinking logically, only thinking out of pride for your own country(which is good but not for accurate & unbiased information) ..

china & india were allies, like thousands of years ago. they've been fighting political wars since china took a part of kashmir and started publishing maps with their border well inside mainland india. if they got into a war, probably china would beat the # out of india, but we all know that that's not gonna happen coz the u.s. being against china would def. want a say but things are uncertain.

if conflict does take place between pakistan & india, i think the us would side with india coz their main concern is the massive pile of nukes just waiting to be stolen by muslim extremists in pakistan/afghanistan.

most of india's tech is russian, israeli and even american incorporated. they're spending a ton on millitary for some apparent reason which i don't approve of. there's alot of corruption so the money just goes into politician's pockets.

the u.k. and france have a pretty sick army too.

so does germany

don't know much about the koreas

japan couldn't have an army coz of the ww2 stuff and the u.s. is obliged to protect it, but if they did im pretty sure it would be mostly of super advanced robots and they wud def. b the best army in the world.

canada........eehhhhh........ummm....i think they'll just follow w/e war the us goes in2 ..

well .. the fighting conditions is probably the main thing that armies would have to face.

if you put indian soldiers in the russian winter, not soo good.
russian soldiers in rainforests, not good either.

im pretty sure no one even wants a war. except of course north korea. they're #ed in the head.

but are there any best armies or winners in war?...i don't think soo...
peace is better than war, unless 'they' attack first ..
i don't think there is a best army.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcPeter
There was not a single word about allying against USA in that article.
It was my joke, maybe silly one.

Yeah, pretty silly .... here let me laugh for you ... hahahahahaha . . . NOT.

What would happen if they all allied against the USA, well, hmmm can you say BBQ'd Chinese, Russians, North Koreans . . . you get the idea . . . right?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ummm this is quite propganda made and not from fact if u look up various site providing this information you see

The US Library of Congress: Country Studies; Only countries for which we have data are listed

Land based systems:Tanks,NPC'n'nsuch:

Russia:79,985

China:31,300

United States of America:29,920

North Korea:16,400

USA is not strong on tank and such front... as it has no enemy wich can reach it shores and invade you do got the biggest navy and airplanes/jet, but tanks and such hell no 3rd
russia got x3 as many land based weaponry as you,

Artillery:

China:14,000

Russia:13,585

united states of america:5,178

North korea:3,500

Aircraft carriers:US:11

World put together:12

actually the submarine part is distubring here it comes:

North Korea:97

United States of America:75

China:68

Russia:61

i found this at check it out yourself:

www.globalfirepower.com

also i dont know were i found it but USA + EU got less tanks then russia, just check out sites like CIA factbook n such enjoy
edit on 19-12-2010 by EtherPrism because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by EtherPrism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EtherPrism

North Korea has 97 deployed subs? Amazing that nobody mentions this, I guess they do their job nicely.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

If not which country's army is the strongest?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join