It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Strongest Armies in the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

I don't want to disappoint you but the roman empire kinda fell apart, cuz of numbers
just saying. Anyway assuming those nations declare war on the western world, the EU and US will be able to create a much bigger army really really fast, they are simply more productive and have a better economy so they will last alot longer. I think that in the beginning of the war the Russian alliance thingy will have the upperhand but after 1 or 2 years (or shorter) they be pwned due to the fact that they'll have to give 2 soldiers 1 gun with 5 bullets :| and im not kidding it happend in the second world war as well. Anyway my point is that the western world doesn't have the biggest standing army but yeah they will win because they are filthy filthy rich ^^ oh and the netherlands has nukes as well so does belgium believe or not we do in case we need to threaten someone =P btw im from the netherlands and im not an expert in this so please don't kill me if im wrong =)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This blog is the most outdated information i have ever seen in my life.

Just alittle about the Brit's as no much has been said about them!!

If any of you guys had been to war, then you would understand what im talking about. And for russia ( all words no action ) They would be more likely to blow there own country to bits setting off there nukes.

Great Britain Is one of the top air forces in the world, maybe even the best, and the UK's armed forces one of the top aswel. I'm from the USA and i've been to Iraq and Afghan fighting along side the Uk's armed forces. Believe me there are top fighters. When they go out on missions they always come back with the goods. Us yanks come back with bullet hole all over us, they ask what happend to you, and we repily my team mate shot me. hahahahaha. No #!!

So i dont have one bad word to say about the british armed forces. Even when we need to drop something from the sky we send the Brit's in. some people may say let the brit's die first. But we all know there sending the best in to do the job!!..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I tend to believe this information is falsified. I don't think China has that many subs.

Yes the number of subs is probably wrong however they are doing a masive build up of sub fleet in fact heres an interesting news feed where china sent the the pacific fleet into a tail spin:

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcPeter

I personally would have thought the Russians would lead in armored vehicles, are the just counting MBT's and APC's? I Could have swore they had a overwhelming lead in those.

The ship and sub numbers seem off to me but I am not the military geek I used to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
indian army cannot do anythig,pakistani army will piss on them

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
INDIA is 3rd largest growing economy in the world and even in terms technology,INDIA is building its notion strong,INDIA need not have to beg for arms INDIA has its own research centers for arms and missiles

(CHINA+RUSSIA+IRAN+......)=(U.S.A+INDIA)and no other nations required

INDIA has its own technology and research is going a loat in terms of defence force!!

India doesn't need any copied or transform technology just like china tht does!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

INDIA is 3rd largest growing economy in the world and even in terms technology,INDIA is building its notion strong,INDIA need not have to beg for arms INDIA has its own research centers for arms and missiles

INDIA has its own technology and research is going a loat in terms of defence force!!

India doesn't need any copied or transform technology just like china tht does!!

(India had never taken even a single bullet from china)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pranav526

I think thats bit of over statement. Can you please provide any supporting info with your claim?

Cheers!

[edit on 25-10-2008 by the_spark]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pranav526

(India had never taken even a single bullet from china)

Funny thing... isnt it 80% of Indian Tech is Russian? India is working with Russian companies to make better weapons... Indian students come to Russia to study... etc... so not sure where you get all that... USA + India he he now that is funny!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pranav526

Dude, I think you have do some reading and follow some news. Where are you getting this idea's from?? When did India go against Russia. Russia is only long term ally who is supporting India in most defense and space programs. Did you hear about "BrahMos" super sonic cruise missiles? FYI its an Indo-Russian joint venture. Well dont get so agitated about India's ranking. Nothing wrong in accepting real numbers.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Dont think Iran has any nukes

As far as anyone or any group of alliances against USA pure suicide. Why invite disaster. USA will spend whatever money it has or make it up and spend their enemies into the ground.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The citizens of the united states are the largest army in the world. It comprises 100 million private gun owners and over 300 million firearms.

American People 100,000,000
China 2,250,000
USA 1,625,852
India 1,325,000
DPRK 1,075,000
Russia 960,000
ROK 685,000
Pakistan 620,000
Iran 540,000
Turkey 515,000
Myanmar 490,000

Global Security

[edit on 30-10-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
The citizens of the united states are the largest army in the world. It comprises 100 million private gun owners and over 300 million firearms.

American People 100,000,000
China 2,250,000
USA 1,625,852
India 1,325,000
DPRK 1,075,000
Russia 960,000
ROK 685,000
Pakistan 620,000
Iran 540,000
Turkey 515,000
Myanmar 490,000

Global Security

[edit on 30-10-2008 by METACOMET]
WRONG!!
1.There are NOT 100 million 18 & UP YEAR OLDS WITH GUNS, there are around 65-70 Million gun owners in USA.

2. Not all of those guns are Fully Automatic guns, so an invading Army wouldn't have a hard time crushing the resisters.
Russia has the largerst 4-4+ Generation Airfoce, then comes U.S.A.
Operational Inventory Russia:
1. 449 Su-27
2. 30 Su-30
3. 19 Su-33
4. 350 MiG-29
5. 286 MiG-31
6. 410 Su-24
7. 255 Su-25
8. 10 Su-34
9. 162 Tu-22M2/3
10. 18 Tu-160

[edit on 30-10-2008 by 1000hanz]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am a former Air Force officer in Europe during the cold war ( 1978-1984 )
I took part in many wargames and scenarios planning involving war with the Soviets

Sadly much has not changed in terms of the balance of power since then

There are still the same players on the same field and i doubt that will change in my lifetime, But the list goes somthing like this.. in order of overall strength with each nations strengths and weaknesses

1) USA -

STRENGTHS| Vast naval fleet with imense resuply ability, Highly trained shock armies ( marines ) with ability to strike anywhere on the planet, Advanced munitions, high level of battlefield command and control, The most powerfull airforce on the planet

WEAKNESSES| Extreamly low political desire for war ( believe me this is a bigger weakness then it may seem )

2) RUSSIA -

STRENGTHS| Vast armed forces, Imense stockpile of weaponry of all sorts, A large general staff eager to wage war, Generals who are more then happy to send there soldiers to slaughter ( somthing america typically lacks ), High political motivation

WEAKNESSES| Patheticly trained soldiers, Poor equipment quality, Some generals are downright incompetent, Naval cabability is next to none when compared to the USA, Poor logistics

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
russia is way stronger than usa and also china and russia are allies if there's a war they will be in control

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Are u out of ur mind mate? it would be greately appreciated if you could get your figures and facts right before u make a comment and misled people!! India and China is a nuclear power very long back.. so have no idea on what crap u are talking..

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join