It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Strongest Armies in the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hi there.
I have read an article from very popular russian newspaper recently.
About 5 strongest armies in the world. Take a look at the stats.

5 STRONGEST ARMIES IN WORLD

WHO HAVE MORE WEAPONS?

COUNTRY _____TANK/APC(thousands)_________ PLANES/HELOS________SHIPS/SUBMARINES

USA ________________26/44_________________2800/3500______________92/281
RUSSIA______________22/36_________________2500/3000______________42/310
CHINA_______________19/30_________________1750/1250______________85/315
INDIA________________13/21_________________1080/1115______________27/200
N.KOREA______________9/16___________________553/410_______________19/93

In addition America have 12 carriers, Russia have one and India have one in construction.

AMOUNT OF NUKES

USA ----------6600
RUSSIA ----- 6300
FRANCE -----500
CHINA -------450
ENGLAND ---380
INDIA --------70
PAKISTAN -- 30

BELEIVED AMOUNT OF NUKES

Israel --------80-100
Iran ----------25-30
N.Korea -----15-20

BIGGEST ARMIES

MANPOWER__TOTAL(mln)_____LAND(mln)______NAVY(thou)_____AIRFORCE(thou)

CHINA___________2.30_________1.60_____________400_____________255
USA____________1.45__________0.51_____________379_____________376
INDIA___________1.33__________1.10_____________170_____________61
RUSSIA_________1.20__________0.26_____________190_____________188
N.KOREA________1.11__________0.95______________110_____________47

Bahamas have 860 man strong army.
Costa Rica do not have army at all....

How correct do you gyes think this information is?

Imagine if Russia, China, India and North Korea will ally against US.

They say Russian Army have many problems such as bullying between young and old soldiers, low temp of weapons renewing and moving on contract basis, not enough equipment, money and accommodations. Another army which had to deal with that much problems would probably fall apart, but RA not only survived but is begining to pump it muscles now.

Also article claims that Russia posses "exclusive" weapon system TOPOL-M2(ballistic missle) and advanced weapons such as ISKANDER(tactical missle), S-400(AA missle system), T-90 tank, SU-30 fighter, "GEPARD" nuclear sub, antiship missles "MOSQUIT" and "SHKVAL".

Thanks

Here is article in russian
www.kp.ru...

[edit on 1-3-2006 by ArcPeter]

*edited caps lock title*

[edit on 1-3-2006 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
China has 315 submarines?? *scratches head*

But anyway a boring topic for me

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't be convinced that most of the Russian weapons are at all reliable and I understand that the most modern chinese weaponry is several stages of development behind that of american or most european weaponry.

I'm guessing that North Korean soliders would starve to death within a few months too.

In regards India, I have no idea of their abilities but most of their weapons would be Russian or Chinese I bet.

Why would somebody want Russia, China, India and North Korea to gang up on the US? so we all could live as communist slobs?

Guess that is the idea here... several countries in the world are set up as communist where the people suffer like dogs... the corrupt leadership blame it all on the US, then they convince the people to attack the US for revenge.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There was not a single word about allying against USA in that article.
It was my joke, maybe silly one.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
ArcPeter:

sorry if I misunderstood.

you made an informative and interesting post, thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I tend to believe this information is falsified. I don't think China has that many subs.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
China's maritime strategy relies heavily on submarines to patrol the littorals, blockade the Taiwan Strait, and stalk aircraft carriers.

www.military.com...

Most of them are diesel-electric patrol subs.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
denythestatusquo,

What is your agenda?

Simply because your post above was completly inaccurate

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The f.....

Not one single one of those figures are anywhere near accurate, for any country...

Russia has more than 2x tanks listed there, and I think the sub figures for all countries are exaggerated. And all figures are just toally off by many thousands.

As for nukes, Russia has 8k tactical + 6k non tectical
USA has 8k tactical + 2k non tactical.

Manpower figures are off by many tens of thousands.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure about other numbers.
But it was Soviet Union which had 50000 tanks, Russian Army is not Soviet Army. Ukrain and Belorus got pieces of that pie also. Ukrain got half of Black Sea Fleet and sold it.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
The f.....

Not one single one of those figures are anywhere near accurate, for any country...

As for nukes, Russia has 8k tactical + 6k non tectical
USA has 8k tactical + 2k non tactical.

Looks like your way off base as well, you should do some more reading before levelling accusations.

Russia has approximately 5,830 operational nuclear warheads in its active arsenal. This includes about 3,500 strategic warheads, a decrease of some 300 from last year's level due to the withdrawal of approximately 36 intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) from operational service. Our estimate of operational nonstrategic nuclear weapons is 2,330 warheads

www.thebulletin.org...

As of January 2006, the U.S. stockpile contains almost 10,000 nuclear warheads. This includes 5,735 active or operational warheads: 5,235 strategic and 500 nonstrategic warheads.

www.thebulletin.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcPeter
Imagine if Russia, China, India and North Korea will ally against US.

Would never happen with NATO and others getting involved and then its a huge world war throw down.

It hard to get a undertanding from numbers. The thought that numbers only determine the strength of a military has been obsolete since the Romans use superior weapons and tactics to created the Roman Empire.

Even the nuke numbers can be decieving they are most likley all fudged figures but also different countries tend to focus on different types. The US for example tends to go with smaller more accurate nuclear weapons while Russia goes with high yield less accurate nukes.

You have to have a indepth understanding of weapon systems and tactics as well as numbers of each country to really gauge military strength

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
if russia & china are an ally in war (no country could win against them).

possibly even china alone!!

but as for your post and info, its all completly false - i maybe am being a little biased but i believe the british are the best trained troops in the world, our experience in combat and peacekeeping is second to none.

if war ever went nuclear, its just a case whoever gets the 1st strike in between the big5 nuclear powers (US, UK, Russia, France, China) - todays atom is 30/40 times more powerful than that of hiroshima's (which killed 200,000 people).

each of the big5 nulcear powers have 200+ nulcear weapons, so each of those countrys can pretty much end the world and cause a nuclear winter.

all it takes is one submarine to pull up at the coastline (maybe a few airstikes) then *BOOM* game over (country size of americ/russia wiped off the map).

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
if russia & china are an ally in war (no country could win against them).

possibly even china alone!!

Russia and China teamed could never win because people would nukes against such a force and then all parties lose.

China by itself is somewhat of a Paper Dragon. Its infamous possible 200 million man army is fanasty they couldnt even arm a quarter of it. Even if they had every AK-47 (which they arent even close to having) on the planet the most prolific rifle on earth that only adds up to 50 million units. They couldnt even arm a army like that let alone deploy it. They can even move a fraction of that 90 miles to Taiwan.

They could fight one heck of a Defensive war though a nightmare for any global power. Their power projection is lacking big time though.

But a possible 200 million man army sounds scary.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree it would be nigh on impossible to equip a 200 million man army, but, if the past is anything to go by, the Chinese aren't exactly adverse to putting men in the field without weapons.

I think during the Korean War, some units only had 1 personal weapon for 5 guys? Human wave tactics... Whether or not China would be willing to do that again is the question - I guess in an ABSOLUTE national emergency they would.

Feeding that many men in the field is another question, with so many men taken away from the fields, China would fall into chaos pretty quickly one would think. Not that the rest of the world would be in a much better state at that point either

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Russia+Iran+China alliances is just impossible and too much for any country to handle!. Why do you think Russia and China are helping Iran too much and will defend it no matter what?, because were the only 3 powerfull countries left to deter against US.

PS- why isn't Iran on the list for the amount of troops? we have 7million basij ready to take action and fight for their country.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
Russia+Iran+China alliances is just impossible and too much for any country to handle!.

No its not because a single country wouldnt fight such a force NATO would fight any such force. NATO was designed to deal with just a alliance of this type. Russia+Iran+China wouldnt attack the US and NATO just stand by with their fingers up their bums

So it would be Russia+Iran+China vs US+UK+Germany+France+etc etc..

This would pretty much be WW3 and would come down to nuclear weapons. And between these countries there is more then enough nukes to send all members back to the stone age.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think Russia and China havent liked each other since the border conflicts in the 60's.

To suggest they would randomly ally is not reality but fantasy.

Russia has always had close ties with Iran, going back hundreds of years and occupied much of the north during various times.

China dealing with Iran is sort of bizzare.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Mehran
Russia+Iran+China alliances is just impossible and too much for any country to handle!.

No its not because a single country wouldnt fight such a force NATO would fight any such force. NATO was designed to deal with just a alliance of this type. Russia+Iran+China wouldnt attack the US and NATO just stand by with their fingers up their bums

So it would be Russia+Iran+China vs US+UK+Germany+France+etc etc..

This would pretty much be WW3 and would come down to nuclear weapons. And between these countries there is more then enough nukes to send all members back to the stone age.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

And we (India)would just sit on the Fence and watch this aye?
Sorry but India is the major iron rod if you will, that is stopping/will stop the machinery of WW3 from running.Just let us have our way with Paksitan and we give you...WORLD PEACE!!

1). China and Russia will never ally militarily against a common foe.
2) Russia will not back Iran in any conflict. Maybe morally but not physically.
The Gulf War is a perfect example.
3). N. Korea doesn't trust anyone... well maybe the chinese a little bit.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
China by itself is somewhat of a Paper Dragon. Its infamous possible 200 million man army is fanasty they couldnt even arm a quarter of it.

Well the myth was in a war china has 200million man reserve not a actual stading army. eg peoples war. And the 200million figure is quite true.

And the reverse of rifles china has should be around 20-30million and that is for the accounted weapons china made in the 60s to now. The other other weapons are stored somewhere. communist governments never waste anything

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join