It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 72 percent of troops want out of Iraq in a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

- Le Moyne College/Zogby Poll shows just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay “as long as they are needed”

- While 58% say mission is clear, 42% say U.S. role is hazy

- Plurality believes Iraqi insurgents are mostly homegrown

- Almost 90% think war is retaliation for Saddam’s role in 9/11, most don’t blame Iraqi public for insurgent attacks

- Majority of troops oppose use of harsh prisoner interrogation

- Plurality of troops pleased with their armor and equipment

An overwhelming majority of 72% of American troops serving in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year, and nearly one in four say the troops should leave immediately, a new Le Moyne College/Zogby International survey shows.

More...

Zogby Poll

Well, now we know what the troops think...

So much for the impression some on this board would otherwise create for you.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
OMG, does this mean Jack Murtha might have been correct? Gee and to think how fast they tried to swift boat him.

Okay that said, I imagine most of them would want to come home as soon as possible. I wonder if a poll will dig into the reason why so many want to leave. Is it just fatigue or is it because they feel we are not going to succeed with our goals. Either way we owe it to them to work to bring them home.

Now what about that 90% that think we are there because of Saddams role in 9/11. How in the world do these people still think he was part of 9/11? If that fact is true, I suddenly have much less respect for those in uniform. If you are going to fight a war, you should at least know the basic reason we are there.

[edit on 2/28/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Clearly supporters of the war should volunteer and step up to take these soldiers' place.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by rizla]

join