It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My favourite colour is green. That being the case, whenever I see an array of colours, if green doesn't appear, I feel that it is missing something. To be truly colourful an object must involve the colour green. This is a ridiculous thought but I have always felt this. Does anyone else share this feeling, or am I the only weirdo here?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i don't know what you mean, however, I assure you that you are not the only weirdo here. Count me in the group. Color me green.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be green, to others it may be red or blue, I'm not sure. Just that something is incomplete without it. It also happens with numbers and words. If a number sequence doesn't have a 2 in it, it seems incomplete, or a word without the letter A, the same. I guess it's just me.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's my bit of wierdness which is also related to colours. I don't know where this comes from but ever since I was a little boy I have associated each day of the week with a colour, for example if I picture the word 'Monday' written down in my head it is blue, Friday is green, Wednesday is red and so on, each one different. Anybody else do this?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I completly understand. With me however it's the color pink. I LOVE the color pink more than any adult really should. A lot of people ask me "How can you like the color pink? It is the most horrible color." I personally think it is sad that the deprive themselves of the wonderful happiness that is the color pink.

I think pink and green look glorious together by the way, just like a soft pink rose with a perfect green stem, simply beautiful!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Here's my bit of wierdness which is also related to colours. I don't know where this comes from but ever since I was a little boy I have associated each day of the week with a colour, for example if I picture the word 'Monday' written down in my head it is blue, Friday is green, Wednesday is red and so on, each one different. Anybody else do this?

Is this not called synthenesia?,
like some people can taste words and such.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ooh, there's a name for it? Yay, that must mean I'm not a freak after all, other people do it too!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Waynos:
It's funny you mention associating days of the week with images, because I picture Friday as travelling on a dusty dirt road in the outback after a slight descent. The descent represents the mid week hump I guess.

new topics

top topics

join